ADVERTISEMENT

Just glanced at the upcoming 2019 football schedule

App State is not our usual cupcake ooc game with someone who isn't UPC. UNC should be a win but UVA undermined my confidence. They will be jacked.
We'll have to be just as jacked to win they made their name by beating what was supposed to be better teams.

Never said they were guaranteed....very little ever is. Just said I believe we win those games....others can believe differently.

I know you're very optimistic but the 5 games you have picked us to win, you do understand you're asking the team to be perfect against that run? 5-0. That's a tall order imho. I don't see it.

Given that Champ won't play another QB, and that in 3 years I haven't seen him put any kind of special packages together or able to adjust, and the defense just keeps getting worse. And THAT team is supposed to go 5-0? Champ can't beat any top 25 team but somehow he's gonna manage to navigate his team to a perfect 5-0 record against the dregs of our 2019 schedule?

Sure.

Having said that, I'll cut him some slack and say if he goes 6-6 and wins a bowl game for 7-6 final record, well I don't know...but he definitely wouldn't be on the hot seat with that. 5-7 or worse??
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: jonesz21
I think both Texas A&M and Florida will be better next year, will we?
Said part is if our coach was ultra conservative we would have beat Florida this year. He hasn’t learned you have to keep your foot on the gas yet

Hello all. Be nice. I’m not talking trash. This is just my opinion. I think that SC, the school, and the fans deserve better. I feel like you guys just settled when you guys hired Muschamp. I don’t think he is head coach material- especially in a P5 conference. He can recruit well, but the loss to Florida may go down as one of SC’s worst losses I’ve seen and it shocked me. Then came the loss to Virginia and I changed my mind about what may be your worst loss. It looked like just a lot of uninspired players and mainly coaches. Muschamp did not seem engaged at all during the bowl game at all.

If I were a SC fan, one of the biggest concerns for me would be that once Muschamp saw there was no chance of winning the division he made no attempts to develop backups- primarily the quarterback position. Dakereon Joyner, IMO, was not exactly told the truth by Muschamp. I don’t think he has any intentions on using him as a quarterback. 2019 will be the prime time for him to break it to him that he thinks he would be a game changer as a safety or receiver. Joyner is a special talent, but probably not QB material at this level.

The other thing that upset me, even as a Clemson fan, was playing Bentley for the entire bowl game and not letting Scar play in his final game as a Gamecock.

Sorry for the long post and I hope no one takes this as trash talk. Bottom line is that I do not believe Muschamp will take you guys where you want to be as a program.

Good luck next year!

Reactions: Zann77
6-6 next year will put him on the hot seat. He is going to have to beat someone we are not going to be favored to beat. An 8-win season would be a good one against that schedule.
Agreed on both points. He wins 8, he is fine. Win 6, that seat will be hot as hell.

Hello all. Be nice. I’m not talking trash. This is just my opinion. I think that SC, the school, and the fans deserve better. I feel like you guys just settled when you guys hired Muschamp. I don’t think he is head coach material- especially in a P5 conference. He can recruit well, but the loss to Florida may go down as one of SC’s worst losses I’ve seen and it shocked me. Then came the loss to Virginia and I changed my mind about what may be your worst loss. It looked like just a lot of uninspired players and mainly coaches. Muschamp did not seem engaged at all during the bowl game at all.

If I were a SC fan, one of the biggest concerns for me would be that once Muschamp saw there was no chance of winning the division he made no attempts to develop backups- primarily the quarterback position. Dakereon Joyner, IMO, was not exactly told the truth by Muschamp. I don’t think he has any intentions on using him as a quarterback. 2019 will be the prime time for him to break it to him that he thinks he would be a game changer as a safety or receiver. Joyner is a special talent, but probably not QB material at this level.

The other thing that upset me, even as a Clemson fan, was playing Bentley for the entire bowl game and not letting Scar play in his final game as a Gamecock.

Sorry for the long post and I hope no one takes this as trash talk. Bottom line is that I do not believe Muschamp will take you guys where you want to be as a program.

Good luck next year!
My major concern with Muschamp isn't his staff decisions (except Hutlzler and Roper), or anything specific really, it's that he's stubborn as hell.

Reactions: bayrooster
I would not worry about anything but beating the Holes in the first game. U slip up and lose that one my friends....its going to be a long, long season!!!

I would not worry about anything but beating the Holes in the first game. U slip up and lose that one my friends....its going to be a long, long season!!!
There are a lot of people that assumed the UNC game was an automatic W, including me. Then the Belk Bowl happened.

Good luck next year!
Obvious to you too huh? I'm still with Muschamp until he starts believing we're blind and dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT