ADVERTISEMENT

Just goes to show all you Boom critics...

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
Even Dawn can't beat the upper level teams without the players. ;) They're coming next year but still you have to have the talent ...keep on recruiting Muschamp.

Reactions: rangercock
Even Dawn can't beat the upper level teams without the players. ;) They're coming next year but still you have to have the talent ...keep on recruiting Muschamp.

Hate to bust up your sunshine parade but your post spells out exactly why there are critics in the first place. Many want to point out the 'overall' recruiting rankings each season while completely ignoring the 'in the SEC' rankings. Champ recruits mid to lower ranked SEC classes. The WBB coach can pull off #1 ranked classes in either national or league rankings. Champ can't. Huge difference.

In the big picture it makes no difference until the BOT and AD gets serious about football and the inclusion of bag men. BIG bag men.

Interesting. Dawn has multiple 5 star players on the roster and is absolutely stinking it up this year. Muschamp, so far, is punching his weight with what he's gotten / been given. I fail to see the parallels.

Hate to bust up your sunshine parade but your post spells out exactly why there are critics in the first place. Many want to point out the 'overall' recruiting rankings each season while completely ignoring the 'in the SEC' rankings. Champ recruits mid to lower ranked SEC classes. The WBB coach can pull off #1 ranked classes in either national or league rankings. Champ can't. Huge difference.

In the big picture it makes no difference until the BOT and AD gets serious about football and the inclusion of bag men. BIG bag men.
No busted sunshine parade here pal just making a valid and obvious point

Well you'll also never see Muschamp sitting the entire game and looking totally uninterested. I love Dawn but she seldom got off the bench tonight that was odd.

Not even remotely valid.
I'll explain it to you then. Dawn is getting her ass kicked tonight because she doesn't have the people she has had in the past 3 years. Mushcamp took over a dumpster fire and some cry about the Belk Bowl the point was no good coach can win against good teams without a good solid group of players. Even Dawn had to recruit her great players. There ya go.

Big Bad Bag Men.

Reactions: ConKreteCock
Well you'll also never see Muschamp sitting the entire game and looking totally uninterested. I love Dawn but she seldom got off the bench tonight that was odd.
I noticed that when she played Clemson and that game wasn't a given until close to end. I saw Dawn cussing at at her assistant which I was shocked at how that seemed so out of character.

She is good coach, she will get it straightened out!

Interesting. Dawn has multiple 5 star players on the roster and is absolutely stinking it up this year. Muschamp, so far, is punching his weight with what he's gotten / been given. I fail to see the parallels.
True, but...I do follow women's recruiting on the HoopGurlz link from ESPN. Every year, there are twice as many female 5 stars as there are male. Are there that many more great players in high school among the women? I doubt it.
Of the "5 stars" Dawn has signed in her previous 5 classes: 2014 Aja Wilson, 2 girls who never worked out and transfered, and Bianca. 2015 WHIFF 2016 Ty Harris and a transfer 2017 Lele Grissett, Bianca Jackson, and Ladazhia Williams 2018 Destani Henderson.
So, of the 6 so-called 5 stars still in the program, we have one proven, legitimate "star" level player, one enigma who has been in the doghouse for five years and/or injured, one freshman-unknown, and 3 role players.
Five stars are over-rated in the women's game.

I'll explain it to you then. Dawn is getting her ass kicked tonight because she doesn't have the people she has had in the past 3 years. Mushcamp took over a dumpster fire and some cry about the Belk Bowl the point was no good coach can win against good teams without a good solid group of players. Even Dawn had to recruit her great players. There ya go.

And I'm trying to explain to you that if a coach consistently recruits in the bottom half of the SEC....what difference does it make??? Definition of insanity right there. Keep recruiting in the bottom half of the SEC and expect better results in football.

Meanwhile, WBB can recruit the #1 ranked team, either in conference or nationally.

If you can't understand that difference, then you're never going to understand how your OP explains perfectly the very reason for Champ to have critics in the first place. Consistently recruiting in the bottom half of the SEC, can't beat Kentucky...ever...1 - 432 against ranked teams, blowing huge leads, can't beat Clemson...ever...shall I go on??

Reactions: vacock#
And I'm trying to explain to you that if a coach consistently recruits in the bottom half of the SEC....what difference does it make??? Definition of insanity right there. Keep recruiting in the bottom half of the SEC and expect better results in football.

Meanwhile, WBB can recruit the #1 ranked team, either in conference or nationally.

If you can't understand that difference, then you're never going to understand how your OP explains perfectly the very reason for Champ to have critics in the first place. Consistently recruiting in the bottom half of the SEC, can't beat Kentucky...ever...1 - 432 against ranked teams, blowing huge leads, can't beat Clemson...ever...shall I go on??
No don't go on, just go away. The next time you see Muschamp give him your concerns, do you honestly believe he doesn't know we need better recruits I would think that's why they hit the old recruiting path. You are quoting the obvious so what are you going to do about it? I know go to Muschamp house and tell him you're not happy then switch teams. He wants you happy I'm sure and you don't sound cheery. Put me on your ignore list I can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

True, but...I do follow women's recruiting on the HoopGurlz link from ESPN. Every year, there are twice as many female 5 stars as there are male. Are there that many more great players in high school among the women? I doubt it.
Of the "5 stars" Dawn has signed in her previous 5 classes: 2014 Aja Wilson, 2 girls who never worked out and transfered, and Bianca. 2015 WHIFF 2016 Ty Harris and a transfer 2017 Lele Grissett, Bianca Jackson, and Ladazhia Williams 2018 Destani Henderson.
So, of the 6 so-called 5 stars still in the program, we have one proven, legitimate "star" level player, one enigma who has been in the doghouse for five years and/or injured, one freshman-unknown, and 3 role players.
Five stars are over-rated in the women's game.

So there's empirical evidence to suggest that we should be skeptical of our "all-world" recruiting class coming in? What separates next-year's class from the current crop? Just an opportunity to have a higher quantity of "over-rated?"

(I hope you understand I'm just playing devil's advocate. To me, women's basketball is the same as 9/10 year old rec ball. Poor fundamentals. But find a freakishly tall person to score lay-ups / rebound, and a solid point guard to distribute the ball and you're golden; everything else is simply filler.)

There is a difference in Dawns recruiting class and champs.

You are exactly right !

Obviously some just do not understand that.
Heck just read replies to your post. Lol

She sure did but she ain't paid a million dollars a year to look bored. At least look like you're interested. JMO[/QUOTE

during one of the time outs I asked the lady sitting next to me "what in the world could she be telling them"

we need some three point shooters

No busted sunshine parade here pal just making a valid and obvious point

One more up vote for you!
Ones that constantly put down all our teams , coaches , and players quick to dismiss an obvious point .
No idea why they choose to only insult even when the point is factual

Reactions: jimnasium
So there's empirical evidence to suggest that we should be skeptical of our "all-world" recruiting class coming in? What separates next-year's class from the current crop? Just an opportunity to have a higher quantity of "over-rated?"

(I hope you understand I'm just playing devil's advocate. To me, women's basketball is the same as 9/10 year old rec ball. Poor fundamentals. But find a freakishly tall person to score lay-ups / rebound, and a solid point guard to distribute the ball and you're golden; everything else is simply filler.)
No need to play devil's advocate: you are making my point. Women's recruiting isn't judged the same way men's recruiting is. I'm too lazy to do any further research, but I'd be willing to bet the hit/miss ratio between men's 5 stars and women's 5 stars is quite different.
Don't get me wrong; I enjoy women's basketball. But, its a different game than the men's. One thing is the same: you need difference makers.

Reactions: Vincent Hanna
Dawns is top in the country. In football we are middle of the SEC.
There not tops in the country right now they might fall out of the top 25 before the season ends. Both programs are trying to get better but recruiting football players in the SEC ain't the same as recruiting women's BB

Not sure we should be comparing a National Championship winning coach who has built an elite program to a guy who hasn’t really proved he is an SEC head coach yet . Can’t compare a guy who is 6-27 Against ranked teams to a National Champion and Olympic gold medalist . I’m sure Muschamp would probably agree . The main point of your post is absolutely valid . Will never win without the recruits . Also the fact is having the 9th ranked class in the conference isn’t gonna move the needle either . Not a knock on Muschamp , it just is what it is . Never watched a WBB game in my life but I do know Dawn is considered one of the best in her profession right now .

And lost in all that is Muschamp is only one of 3 coaches to win 20+ games in his first 3 seasons as coach, and he is now 1 game better than those 2. (SOS and Jo Mo) I’ve said before, and I’ll say it again, I think a lot of the bitching comes on here because so many of our fans live and die by what the upstate inbreds are doing, and since they’re winning, we got folks constantly whining about everything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT