ADVERTISEMENT

Just goes to show all you Boom critics...

And lost in all that is Muschamp is only one of 3 coaches to win 20+ games in his first 3 seasons as coach, and he is now 1 game better than those 2. (SOS and Jo Mo) I’ve said before, and I’ll say it again, I think a lot of the bitching comes on here because so many of our fans live and die by what the upstate inbreds are doing, and since they’re winning, we got folks constantly whining about everything.
I think it's more to it than just upstate. I think people liked the idea of having a state team to pull for especially transplants from up North or other even other states. So with no allegiance a lot of people jumped on the Spurrier bandwagon calling themselves Gamecock fans proudly but now the level of performance has dropped and they like to bitch about it! I guarantee a large number of the asnine statements or complaints come from fair weather fans with no alumnus ties.

Florida and FSU used to have some of the most rabid obnoxious fans and now they don't even fill their stadiums. Look at who has the most vocal fans in Florida nowadays, it's UCF. I guarantee there is a new found group of snowbirds that have jumped on that bandwagon with no true allegiance but call themselves fans.

This didn't used to be as obvious as it is in today's world where everyone can jump on their smartphone to make quips, stir the pot, have no respect for other posters and feel like they gave valuable insight! New World we live in where people expect immediate gratification, nothing is earned, and by golly I can call out the coaching staff if I want because it's their given right. "I don't like this New World era!", honestly!

Reactions: rogue cock
I think it's more to it than just upstate. I think people liked the idea of having a state team to pull for especially transplants from up North or other even other states. So with no allegiance a lot of people jumped on the Spurrier bandwagon calling themselves Gamecock fans proudly but now the level of performance has dropped and they like to bitch about it! I guarantee a large number of the asnine statements or complaints come from fair weather fans with no alumnus ties.

Florida and FSU used to have some of the most rabid obnoxious fans and now they don't even fill their stadiums. Look at who has the most vocal fans in Florida nowadays, it's UCF. I guarantee there is a new found group of snowbirds that have jumped on that bandwagon with no true allegiance but call themselves fans.

This didn't used to be as obvious as it is in today's world where everyone can jump on their smartphone to make quips, stir the pot, have no respect for other posters and feel like they gave valuable insight! New World we live in where people expect immediate gratification, nothing is earned, and by golly I can call out the coaching staff if I want because it's their given right. "I don't like this New World era!", honestly!

You bring up some great points but I will say I would rather have fans that bitch and complain . If they do , myself included , it means we actually give a S&@& about the state of the program and where it’s headed . If people stop complaining it means they just don’t care anymore and you become Wake Forest , Vsndy or Georgia Tech . You show me a fanbase that doesn’t bitch and moan at least a little bit and sunshine pumps no matter what , I’ll show you a losing program . Bama is the most dominant team we’ve ever seen and they cry about everything . I work with tons of them . They cry if they don’t cover , they cry if they play sloppy , and if they lose to Auburn It’s like the Apocalypse just happened .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT