ADVERTISEMENT

Just had something cross my mind....

Sep 28, 2015
Florence, SC
Being that RH has now been named #2, do you think that obviously means that Muschamp is gonna burn the RS? Obviously the 4 games he could possibly play in will be earlier in the season until possibly AppState.

Let’s say he’s already made his 4 appearances, and Jake goes down with a rolled ankle against AM. RH has to come in now being that he’s been repping with the 1st team and seen the most snaps...there goes the RS.

So IMO they are going to burn it. Especially with Doty comin in next year. Obviously RS him.

Thoughts?

Being that RH has now been named #2, do you think that obviously means that Muschamp is gonna burn the RS? Obviously the 4 games he could possibly play in will be earlier in the season until possibly AppState.

Let’s say he’s already made his 4 appearances, and Jake goes down with a rolled ankle against AM. RH has to come in now being that he’s been repping with the 1st team and seen the most snaps...there goes the RS.

So IMO they are going to burn it. Especially with Doty comin in next year. Obviously RS him.

Thoughts?

Don’t red shirt him, let him play. Whatever we need to win.

If it were my decision;

Doty coming in next year matters. It means that we don't necessarily need to extend RH's eligibility (granted, that's counting on Doty to live up to the hype). We should take every opportunity possible to get RH playing time this year. If that means he plays in only 3 games, then so be it. However, if the opportunity presents itself for him to play in 6 games, then I don't think there should be any hesitation to put him out there. We need to play who it takes to win, but at the same time not ignore the fact that somebody new will have to play QB next year, and a new QB with experience is better than one with no experience.

Muschamp and McClendon implied that that he is #2 but that was so he could be prepared as backup for gameplanning. Joyner will still play and may play in more games in different situations than RH. But if Bentley goes down they will burn the redshirt because they plan to do whatever is possible to win. Whole point of naming a #2 so that Jake and Ryan would receive the majority of game prep snaps in practice when scheming against opposing defenses.

Reactions: BigTomE
Being that RH has now been named #2, do you think that obviously means that Muschamp is gonna burn the RS?

One thing not being mentioned, ... is Muschamp going to keep Jake in games longer, in an effort to help him attain passing records? Depending how close JB comes to reaching those milestones, may enter into the decision.

I believe Hilinski would benefit from receiving as much mop up time as possible, especially if allowed to play several series in a row, against weaker teams. And although, a red shirt is a nice little extra to keep, with Doty coming in, I believe the added experience is much more important.

I can honestly say if this season goes down the tubes early and Jake continues to make dumb decisions I would throw RH in the rest of the way . Would piss Jake and Bobby off but at this point who cares . If we start 2020 with a inexperienced QB then it’s gonna be a train wreck and another excuse for Tanner and Muschamp to hide behind . If Jake plays up to his potential and we win a few games we shouldn’t the narrative changes completely .

If it were my decision;

Doty coming in next year matters. It means that we don't necessarily need to extend RH's eligibility (granted, that's counting on Doty to live up to the hype). We should take every opportunity possible to get RH playing time this year. If that means he plays in only 3 games, then so be it. However, if the opportunity presents itself for him to play in 6 games, then I don't think there should be any hesitation to put him out there. We need to play who it takes to win, but at the same time not ignore the fact that somebody new will have to play QB next year, and a new QB with experience is better than one with no experience.
Not sure experience matters that much if they are good. Trevor had zero for the taters and he performed well.

I have never seen any data, but it seems like the best teams don't redshirt players as much as the bad teams, even though they have more overall talent to start with.

Reactions: Godfather4CU
I have never seen any data, but it seems like the best teams don't redshirt players as much as the bad teams, even though they have more overall talent to start with.
Really good skill position players are usually gone in three years. That's why it makes no sense to RS them. It's also why I don't believe any hype about a supposedly elite WR or RB that redshirts (unless it's due to injury, like Sydney Rice). If they're healthy and truly elite players, they will play immediately.

Reactions: CCGC34
If Jake stays healthy I doubt Hylinski gets meaningful PT. Jmo. But if he's #2 he will probably burn RS at some point.

Recently, guys have proven that if you’re the real deal, you can play at a high level as a true freshman. Fromm, Tua, Lawrence, etc...

Let’s let him go out there and do it if he can.

I know Muschamp has an allegiance to Bentley, and he should. And I really hope he balls out this year. But if RH is the real MF deal... and I think he may be.. it could be hard to keep him off the field if Bentley struggles.

I think and hope Muschamp is smart enough to realize that his success here is going to parallel the success of Hilinski and/or Doty.

Muschamp and McClendon implied that that he is #2 but that was so he could be prepared as backup for gameplanning. Joyner will still play and may play in more games in different situations than RH. But if Bentley goes down they will burn the redshirt because they plan to do whatever is possible to win. Whole point of naming a #2 so that Jake and Ryan would receive the majority of game prep snaps in practice when scheming against opposing defenses.

Forget about Joyner already. He is never ever going to be QB here.

Recently, guys have proven that if you’re the real deal, you can play at a high level as a true freshman. Fromm, Tua, Lawrence, etc...

Let’s let him go out there and do it if he can.

I know Muschamp has an allegiance to Bentley, and he should. And I really hope he balls out this year. But if RH is the real MF deal... and I think he may be.. it could be hard to keep him off the field if Bentley struggles.

I think and hope Muschamp is smart enough to realize that his success here is going to parallel the success of Hilinski and/or Doty.
I predict Muschamp will find the courage to resist the temptation. ;)

Boils down to math. Champ better get RH at least the ENTIRE 4 game/s experience as allowed by the rules. (While still having the option to RS)

That's at least 16 full quarters of football I'm expecting to see RH play this season at a minimum. If RH plays past the 16 quarters, and burns the RS option, I'm okay with that too. Having said all that, I have ZERO confidence in the staff to manage this correctly.

Based on last season, I'd say the odds of any QB other than JB seeing the field are very, very slim. It's not rational and feel free to bash me. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Based on last season, I'd say the odds of any QB other than JB seeing the field are very, very slim. It's not rational and feel free to bash me. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Based on what I have been watching unless jake is on IR. The other QBs should look for a drive or 2 VS Charleston southern

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT