ADVERTISEMENT

Just how sorry is clemson's schedule?

Point is Clemson is on pace for a 12-0 season with a playoff appearance. Love him, hate him or can't stand him it doesn't matter Dabo can Market and recruit! What do you honestly think he will be able to sale to recruits with a undefeated season and a playoff berth? While on the other hand we are looking right down the barrel at a 4-8 season with players refusing to play, kids going to twitter saying they should have looked around, Players calling out coaches and teammates. Yeah we should be laughing at them while are program is a disaster or better yet talking about how they are not a good team and they only win cause they play no one. Yet a week before everyone they play we all get on here and talk how they will beat them, when they don't (like Louisville, ND) then those teams suck too!

Fact is we need to fix our own House before we worry about Clemson. Truth of the matter is they have their house set up pretty nicely and are getting better and if we don't work on ours we will be left behind.

UND has face Texas, UVA, GaTech, UMass and Clemson. LSU has faced Miss State, Auburn, Syracuse, Eastern Michigan and us. Other than y'all not seeing any notre Dame opponent anywhere in the top 50. Oh, and Fournette has faced tougher D's than Syracuse, much tougher.

In that group what has LSU faced? Miss St they beat by 2 points, they got by Syracuse by 10 but that was a fourth quarter game. Auburn well they are just not good!! We are not good. So ND has actually played a better schedule to this point. I'm sorry I just don't think LSU is that good. I think Alabama will beat them by two TDs and I think they lose to Texas A&M. Chavis knows how to stop the run and you can't be one dimensional against a Chavis Defenses.

UND has face Texas, UVA, GaTech, UMass and Clemson. LSU has faced Miss State, Auburn, Syracuse, Eastern Michigan and us. Other than y'all not seeing any notre Dame opponent anywhere in the top 50. Oh, and Fournette has faced tougher D's than Syracuse, much tougher.
The stats say otherwise. Like I said just pay attention when they play Bama.

Clemson has a good team again this year and I'll give them that. But preseason they had a top 15 GT team they had to face and a really tough Thursday night game at Louisville. At midseason Louisville is 2-3 with wins over NC State and Samford and GT is 2-4 with wins over Tulane and Alcorn State.

I thought South Carolina, NC State, and Miami would be improved this year. NC State whipped up on 4 of the weakest non-conference teams I've ever seen and then lost their first 2 games in conference to sit at a very weak 4-2. Miami is 3-2 with a loss to Cincinnati. Our further slide makes it even worse.

They won't face Shyatt in the ACC Championship if they make it past FSU. It looks like it will be Duke, Miami, or maybe even UNC on that side. What about Pitt and VT? There will probably be 3 or 4 teams with 4-4 conference records and they'll have to go to the 5th tiebreaker so see which team FSU or Clemson will destroy by 30.

Clemson could win the ACC and make the playoff and only face 2 top 20 teams. It's very possible the other 11 teams fall outside of the top 40 or so.

This is the exact reason Dabo went on his little rant this past weekend. He knows as well as anybody that the ACC is very weak this year. That is why he threw out that Clemson is 7-3 against top10 teams. He is trying to deflect the weakness of the ACC into his favor, and low and behold, his team moved up to #5 after beating a down GT team. I can't stand the man, but he knows what he is doing.

Shut up talking about clemson when they destroy us by 30 at the end of the year will their record matter then or their competition
We will dash their playoff hopes.We will be the final nail in their coffin.Their SOS will allow a one loss team to leap them.

it is WEAK every year especially since DABO took tater job. When Bowden was there WAKE had a decent run, Va Tech was MUCH better, NC state had better teams especially with Rivers as QB, Maryland with Fridge as coach had some good teams etc etc, BUT now ACC is just overall BAD. IF Dabo played SEC teams like Bama, Georgia, LSU, Miississippi schools, Tenn, Florida, Texa A and M, etc etc no way they cakewalk thru the year .

I'm comparing the run games.

LSU = #3 in the country
GT= #9 in the country ( and that is after we completely shut them down )

Bottom line, LSU wouldn't be able to run on us.

LMAO! That is funny. I dont care who you are.

it is WEAK every year especially since DABO took tater job. When Bowden was there WAKE had a decent run, Va Tech was MUCH better, NC state had better teams especially with Rivers as QB, Maryland with Fridge as coach had some good teams etc etc, BUT now ACC is just overall BAD. IF Dabo played SEC teams like Bama, Georgia, LSU, Miississippi schools, Tenn, Florida, Texa A and M, etc etc no way they cakewalk thru the year .
This is a good point, plus this is not the Matt Ryan's BC teams either. Dabo should be thanking Ryan or he wouldn't be clemson coach.

The best Clemmins can hope for is to ride the gravy train into a final four slot, then lose by no more than 15 points. I can't seriously imagine them even beating the spread against Ohio State, Baylor, or TCU much less springing an upset.

I don't know if I'd tout Tenn, uf, the miss schools, or aTm. Clemson would beat those more often than not. Clemson recently beat LSU, auburn two of three, and split with Georgia. they'll cream auburn next year. They'll cream us this year. They're building a team that isn't scared of who we play. We need to desperately make a great hire. No matter how much i hate them they've gotten better every year and seem to consistently win games against the big names. With their D and blossoming young playmakers on offense they have a good shot at winning it all this year. Funny we all claimed their d would suck with all the losses like ours diff. That's the major coaching difference right now. They have a great staff... we don't

The best Clemmins can hope for is to ride the gravy train into a final four slot, then lose by no more than 15 points. I can't seriously imagine them even beating the spread against Ohio State, Baylor, or TCU much less springing an upset.
Nobody thought we were gonna beat Ohio State in the Orange Bowl 2 years ago...but we did.

The point is your schedule is VERY weak this year. It's not your fault as FSU is not as good and neither are we or Ga Tech

Us and GT aren't good. Jury is still out on FSU. They're still unbeaten. Look at Ohio state. Wins are what's important. FSU will be a top ten big game nationally for them

I'm comparing the run games.

LSU = #3 in the country
GT= #9 in the country ( and that is after we completely shut them down )

Bottom line, LSU wouldn't be able to run on us.
Josh, are you Dabo's yes Boy ? Hey, Y'all do have a very good team this year. And what looked pre-season to be a kind of a challenging season has turned out to be very easy because the tougher looking teams on your schedule have turned out to be not very good. Louisville, GT, FSU, Carolina, are all having off years. With this good fortune Clemson should make the Playoffs. Unless y'all have a case of Clemsoning. Oh! sorry Dabo

Lets face it.Its a one game season for Clemson now.Beat FSU and you have a very good chance of making the playoff.However, you have no margin of error.A loss means you probably don't make the ACC championship game.No playoff for sure and a huge let down after all the hype.

Clemson plays in a weak football conference. We play in the toughest football conference in America. There is no way to compare teams where the level of competition is so vastly different.

Clemson plays in a weak football conference. We play in the toughest football conference in America. There is no way to compare teams where the level of competition is so vastly different.
Y'all get y'all's chance at the end of the year.

You're right, we're not Bama. We're Clemson. The same team that had the #1 rated D last year and are on pace for a top 10 D this year at the very least.
But your playing in a soft league against below average teams. It's like the episode of Seinfeld when Kramer was beating up the little kids in Karate.

If the kittens had our schedule during the five years the cocks beat them we would not be having this conversation. Dabby would be gone.five maybe six wins a year.chew on that clemsux.

With Carolina's schedule clemson would likely be 4-2 (losses to UGA and LSU). Unfortunately clemson plays a weak schedule with all of their tough games at home so I personally do not see them losing a game. Before the season I thought they had a few good teams on their schedule (Louisville and GT along with ND and FSU) but those teams are 2-3, 2-4 and ND and FSU have not impressed me up to this point.

I don't know if I'd tout Tenn, uf, the miss schools, or aTm. Clemson would beat those more often than not. Clemson recently beat LSU, auburn two of three, and split with Georgia. they'll cream auburn next year. They'll cream us this year. They're building a team that isn't scared of who we play. We need to desperately make a great hire. No matter how much i hate them they've gotten better every year and seem to consistently win games against the big names. With their D and blossoming young playmakers on offense they have a good shot at winning it all this year. Funny we all claimed their d would suck with all the losses like ours diff. That's the major coaching difference right now. They have a great staff... we don't

Consistently win against big teams? You very conveniently left out 1-5 against Carolina and 1-4 against FSU in recent years. They also played LSU in the Chick Bowl when LSU finished like 5th in the SEC and OU wasn't even ranked last year and sleep walked through the game. Clemmy got curb stomped by UGA and GT last year.
This whole "we beat a bunch of great teams" spin comes straight from dabs. We could just as easily run around hysterically shrieking "we beat Bama, and UGA, and Florida, and Nebraska, and Michigan, and Wisconsin, and Miami, and Clemson!" Heck, maybe we should have. Bottom line, it's all part of the dabs real estate sales pitch. The baffling part is how many fans and recruits swallow this stuff without looking into a little deeper.

Ohio State failed to cover the spread against Hawaii, Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, Indiana and Maryland...what makes you think they would cover a spread against Clemson?

Going into the year Clemson thought they would be playing tough games in ND, UL, GT, FSU, and possibly tough games against Miami and you guys based on how you bounced back. Once the schedule is in place we can't help if GT and UL tank and that you guys have had a rough time of finding a true identity on offense. That isn't a slam to you guys. It's just facts. In 13' and 14' we played UGA and in 16' and 17' we play Auburn. Since the SEC is often touted as the toughest conference, are there any other teams out there that schedule 2 SEC OOC games? Your 2 easy games ae we Citadel and UCF. Yes UCF has been good in recent years and you guys can't help that they weren't this year. So out of your 12 games you play Vanderbilt, Kentucky, UCF, UNC, Citadel, and Missouri t his year. That is half your games. I'm not saying the ACC is tough from top to bottom. I'm just saying that you can't control how people play against you or the rest of their schedule. Now your harder games are UGA with 2 losses now and missing their premier RB, Tennessee who have done worse than expected, Florida who just lost their QB, A&M, LSU who have a very strong running game, and us. Your schedule is tougher, but you do have the SEC as a recruiting weapon. Spurrier just hasn't really used it or any recruiting weapons that we know of. I'm not sure why the recruiting isn't better. I will say though, if you guys were 5-1 or 4-2, maybe 6-0, this thread wouldn't have been started. It is pure hatred and maddening to see your rival do well. Trust me, I know. From 2009-2013 I just started to wonder when we would win against. It starts feeling like it won't happen.

Reactions: jblanken64
Us and GT aren't good. Jury is still out on FSU. They're still unbeaten. Look at Ohio state. Wins are what's important. FSU will be a top ten big game nationally for them

Ok so how many tough games do they play ? 2 ? And both at home

We can't really use this argument. UT, UNC, UK, Vandy, UCF, Citadel, Mizzou are all terrible teams on our schedule this year. Jury is still out on Florida and they've lost their qb. The east has been weak for years. Georgia has no qb but we made him look like Montana. We need to capitalize on how down the east has been for years.

Going into the year Clemson thought they would be playing tough games in ND, UL, GT, FSU, and possibly tough games against Miami and you guys based on how you bounced back. Once the schedule is in place we can't help if GT and UL tank and that you guys have had a rough time of finding a true identity on offense. That isn't a slam to you guys. It's just facts. In 13' and 14' we played UGA and in 16' and 17' we play Auburn. Since the SEC is often touted as the toughest conference, are there any other teams out there that schedule 2 SEC OOC games? Your 2 easy games ae we Citadel and UCF. Yes UCF has been good in recent years and you guys can't help that they weren't this year. So out of your 12 games you play Vanderbilt, Kentucky, UCF, UNC, Citadel, and Missouri t his year. That is half your games. I'm not saying the ACC is tough from top to bottom. I'm just saying that you can't control how people play against you or the rest of their schedule. Now your harder games are UGA with 2 losses now and missing their premier RB, Tennessee who have done worse than expected, Florida who just lost their QB, A&M, LSU who have a very strong running game, and us. Your schedule is tougher, but you do have the SEC as a recruiting weapon. Spurrier just hasn't really used it or any recruiting weapons that we know of. I'm not sure why the recruiting isn't better. I will say though, if you guys were 5-1 or 4-2, maybe 6-0, this thread wouldn't have been started. It is pure hatred and maddening to see your rival do well. Trust me, I know. From 2009-2013 I just started to wonder when we would win against. It starts feeling like it won't happen.

You make some fair points. Of course I am mad and disappointed with the Gamecock's performance this year. I can't hire a new coach or fix the staff that we have. All I can do is post on here and vent. So, yeah, maybe some of my vitriol towards you guys is coming from there. Never a good place to be.

That said, I am genuinely frustrated with how Dabo sets a narrative, and like rats following the pied piper, the beat writers, fans, players, and yes - sigh - recruits, line up and follow along. Even when so much of it is clearly contrived, often childish, and even downright ignorant, damn if it doesn't seem to work. He rants about the quality wins and tough games, all the while selling, selling, selling and you peel back the curtain, and the facts just don't support what he's saying and yet no one seems to call him on it. I just don't think one win against ND warrants a top five ranking. I think ND was overrated and still is, but in the end maybe I'm wrong.

You can say teams like Mizz and UK aren't that good, but here's the thing. In the SEC, unlike the ACC, teams care and passionately so. There is atmosphere and energy and excitement at every game. And that makes it harder to win those games, especially on the road. You just don't get that in the ACC except at your place and maybe one or two others. As you mentioned, that SHOULD be a big recruiting advantage for us. I don't understand why any big time player would want to go play in the ACC. Just makes no sense. It's like if you're a smart kid and you can take general math or AP Calculus. You can get an easy A or push yourself and find out how good you are.

You honestly think y'all would be 5-0 with our same schedule?
No worse than 4-1 for sure...Hey buddy when you play and beat a quality team I'll be the first to offer congrats...but, you ain't got nothing to say over here or anywhere really...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT