ADVERTISEMENT

Just in case you thought there had to be some kind of end to stupidity - part 2

This ranks up there with the lawsuit against McDonalds because their coffee was served hot. We are a society that is out for free money no matter how stupid we have to act to get it.

The above lawsuit still ranks as the most unbelievable law suit in US History, to me anyway. And to believe the person who filed the suit was awarded millions of dollars.

Last edited:
The above lawsuit still ranks as the most unbelievable law suit in US History. And to believe the person who filed the suit was awarded millions of dollars.
No, not even close. You have no clue what you're talking about. McDonald's attorneys and corporate screwed that up. All they had to do was pay her medicals and attorney's fees and it would have ended. The dummies forgot they had emails basically admitting gross negligence.

"Liebeck’s case was far from an isolated event. McDonald’s had received more than 700 previous reports of injury from its coffee, including reports of third-degree burns, and had paid settlements in some cases."

"Mrs. Liebeck offered to settle the case for $20,000 to cover her medical expenses and lost income. But McDonald’s never offered more than $800, so the case went to trial. The jury found Mrs. Liebeck to be partially at fault for her injuries, reducing the compensation for her injuries accordingly."

The judge later reduced it by 80% but hey that doesn't fit the Republican tort reform narrative does it?

McDonald's knew and didn't fix it. Its as simple as that. Corporate greed got em.

No, not even close. You have no clue what you're talking about. McDonald's attorneys and corporate screwed that up. All they had to do was pay her medicals and attorney's fees and it would have ended. The dummies forgot they had emails basically admitting gross negligence.

"Liebeck’s case was far from an isolated event. McDonald’s had received more than 700 previous reports of injury from its coffee, including reports of third-degree burns, and had paid settlements in some cases."

"Mrs. Liebeck offered to settle the case for $20,000 to cover her medical expenses and lost income. But McDonald’s never offered more than $800, so the case went to trial. The jury found Mrs. Liebeck to be partially at fault for her injuries, reducing the compensation for her injuries accordingly."

The judge later reduced it by 80% but hey that doesn't fit the Republican tort reform narrative does it?

McDonald's knew and didn't fix it. Its as simple as that. Corporate greed got em.

What was there to fix? Hot coffee? It still makes no sense to me. Coffee is hot, if one spills the coffee on themselves they are going to get burned.

What was there to fix? Hot coffee? It still makes no sense to me. Coffee is hot, if one spills the coffee on themselves they are going to get burned.
McDonald's was serving coffee at a temperature (190 degrees) that was higher than industry average (150-170). The temperature at which it was served was too hot to be consumed and would cause 3rd-degree burns within seconds.

Liquids will cause third-degree burns within 2 seconds at 185 degrees.

Last edited:
If memory serves, in that lawsuit it was found that the coffee machine was malfunctioning and the coffee was heated beyond regulations. It wasn't just that it was hot. It was the degree to which it was heated and the subsequent damage from the spill.

Which if she hadn't tried to hold the coffee in her crotch while driving ....

McDonald's was serving coffee at a temperature (190 degrees) that was higher than industry average (150-170). The temperature at which it was served was too hot to be consumed and would cause 3rd-degree burns within seconds.

150 degree coffee is not acceptably hot coffee. We are all doomed to luke warm coffee because of lawsuits like these.

If I was so utterly stupid as to put Gorilla Glue in my hair, the last thing I would want is for the whole world to know about it. I'd figure it out. FWIW, I've used Goof Off spray to get dried Gorilla Glue off of home projects. In any event, again, the last thing I'd want it for the whole world to know about it. If I couldn't get it out, I'd shave my head and move on I guess. But, the combination of completely and utterly stupid beyond all comprehension and totally shameless will probably add up to a nice pay day for this moron.

Reading more into her story, it doesn't look like she ever intended to sue. She's going to LA to get a professional to help her out, and the gofundme was to help her get some quality wigs. Perhaps she was dumb, but it does not appear that she's trying to cash in on this in that fashion.

Reactions: evantually
Reading more into her story, it doesn't look like she ever intended to sue. She's going to LA to get a professional to help her out, and the gofundme was to help her get some quality wigs. Perhaps she was dumb, but it does not appear that she's trying to cash in on this in that fashion.
This whole gofundme thing bothers me. I can see helping someone who has a catastrophic illness or lost their home in a fire or things like that. But a gofund me because you screwed up? Typical culture today. Getting someone else to take care of you because either you screwed up or are too lazy to work to get something on your own. Again there are many worthy causes that i contribute to but being stupid isn’t one of them

This whole gofundme thing bothers me. I can see helping someone who has a catastrophic illness or lost their home in a fire or things like that. But a gofund me because you screwed up? Typical culture today. Getting someone else to take care of you because either you screwed up or are too lazy to work to get something on your own. Again there are many worthy causes that i contribute to but being stupid isn’t one of them
Cool, you dont have to. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

I've seen them set up for vacations, both by teens and adults. My thoughts were the same as yours.

That's the beauty of it. People put up a gofundme for whatever they want and if people feel it's worth putting money on, they will. If not, they won't. It literally has no effect on you if you don't want to donate to it. It's panhandling modernized.

94d20f820ef8377e514030a4d530410e.jpg

Yes, But a lot of people vote for it. Stupid people like to be around other stupid people.

I don't care if the coffee was boiling, different restaurants serve coffee at different temperatures. I always take a small drink before I gulp the coffee down to check and see if it is too hot for me.

I don't care if the coffee was boiling, different restaurants serve coffee at different temperatures. I always take a small drink before I gulp the coffee down to check and see if it is too hot for me.
Well the issue is that she spilled it when adding in some creamer and it destroyed her lap/skin

Reactions: wentzel25
Get third degree burns on your genitalia and you would probably be singing a different tune....even if in falsetto.

She says she is NOT suing Gorilla Glue. The rumor was generated By the tabloids. she knows she did something really stupid. She waited a week before seeking help, by which time the glue had fully cured. A plastic surgeon in California volunteered to help her.

Reactions: rogue cock
She says she is NOT suing Gorilla Glue. The rumor was generated By the tabloids. she knows she did something really stupid. She waited a week before seeking help, by which time the glue had fully cured. A plastic surgeon in California volunteered to help her.
Wow you mean all the posts on here being rude about her trying to get a free payday were reactionary and unfounded? Weird so unlike This forum

If you let the coffee set for a few minutes it will cool down enough to drink it. Better than being cold coffee since heating it is more difficult than cooling it.

Reactions: Lakecock1
SNL had a skit about her tonight. It wasn’t that great(shocker!) but she’s getting a lot of mileage (and money)for an honest mistake. She’ll probably double what’s in her gofundme account by Monday.

That's the beauty of it. People put up a gofundme for whatever they want and if people feel it's worth putting money on, they will. If not, they won't. It literally has no effect on you if you don't want to donate to it. It's panhandling modernized.
Speaking of panhandling, I wonder if anyone has done a gofundme to get enough money for a bus ticket. 😄

Not stupid idiots got them

I dont believe a single word of what that dumb bitch says. i dont think it ever happened. look at the video, if she did use gorilla glue or any spray glue then why can you not see any residue on her forehead , face, side burns, or ears....if would have to be there as well. She should not be breathing the same air i do.

I dont believe a single word of what that dumb bitch says. i dont think it ever happened. look at the video, if she did use gorilla glue or any spray glue then why can you not see any residue on her forehead , face, side burns, or ears....if would have to be there as well. She should not be breathing the same air i do.
Did you remove your hood before you typed that?

There is no common sense in law or politics in this country. She will probably win billions and put the best glue maker in the world out of business.
One reason manufacturers must pay exorbitant prices for product liability. Always comes back to the insurance companies and greasy lawyers.

um, why does my Keurig have a set point for 192F if coffee shouldn’t be served that hot? I thought that was normal.

Cool, you dont have to. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
I have a feeling that your 'hopes for a speedy recovery' are going to be dashed. There is no cure for what ails this idiot. And, she will suffer through life as a result, probably making all those who are close to her suffer as well.

Reactions: SparkleCity
Well the issue is that she spilled it when adding in some creamer and it destroyed her lap/skin
My legal experience has been that most people feel everyone should have the good sense to avoid injury until it happens to them.

Reactions: feeble2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT