ADVERTISEMENT

Just let me say this, UGA would kick quempsum's backside to the ends of the earth and back.

UGA got cheated. I agree with Smart, the Committee needs to change their mantra to "the best four teams" in the country are not represented in the college playoffs.
Can we agree that Bama is the best team in the country, or at the very least the 2nd best? If so, then shouldn't they still go to the title game even if they lose to Oklahoma.

Honest question, do you think your team would make the playoffs if they played in the SEC? Even in the best time of Clemson football, they would have to be very fortunate to make it coming out of the SEC. Beating Pitt and winning the ACC is a total joke.

Yes, the fact that Missouri was able to win the East 2 of their first 3 seasons in the MIGHTY SEC and how A&M was able to compete immediately (2nd in the West first season in SEC) after being middle of the pack in the Big 12 says it all. Quit acting like the reason Carolina is so bad every year is because of the "super tough" conference it plays in and the only reason Clemson is good is because its in the ACC. I get the ACC is really down this year, but the year Clemson won the title in 2016 it was against the nation's toughest schedule.

UGA didn't get cheated, they just played in their playoff game and lost. Should we award them an SEC participation trophy? Say, "well, you played great, lost to a great playoff team, so you should get another shot." ?

Can we agree that Bama is the best team in the country, or at the very least the 2nd best? If so, then shouldn't they still go to the title game even if they lose to Oklahoma.

OzWizard hit the nail on the head with this quote (make sure you put on your sarcasm hat for that to understand).

I think that UGA is one of the four best teams in the country. But i also think that it's fair to say that they got their crack at Alabama and lost. The CFB season is short. Teams only get 12-13 regular season games. Just getting the opportunity to play somebody is very valuable.

I think UGA is probably a little better than OU, but i think they are close enough that they would still be considered on the same tier. Why give UGA a 2nd opportunity against Bama when another team of a similar caliber hasn't gotten that opportunity at all yet?

Reactions: Jpcooper
UGA got cheated. I agree with Smart, the Committee needs to change their mantra to "the best four teams" in the country are not represented in the college playoffs.
Anyways, I thought y'all hate UGA? Why stick your nose out and say they were cheated? Shouldn't you be elated they got "screwed over"?

Anyways, I thought y'all hate UGA? Why stick your nose out and say they were cheated? Shouldn't you be elated they got "screwed over"?

I can say the generally take on Georgia is not " a high degree of message board hate" like Clemson tends to be.

Most UGA posters come to talk football and don't piss everyone off.

My most hated SEC team is Tenn, since their fortunes when on the rise or on the fall seem to impact ours and yours to a degree when Clemson can go in to Tenn and get the elite player vs having them taken from SC like the late 90's and early 2000's. its a positive impact.

I like when Tenn sucks :)

I think that UGA is one of the four best teams in the country. But i also think that it's fair to say that they got their crack at Alabama and lost. The CFB season is short. Teams only get 12-13 regular season games. Just getting the opportunity to play somebody is very valuable.

I think UGA is probably a little better than OU, but i think they are close enough that they would still be considered on the same tier. Why give UGA a 2nd opportunity against Bama when another team of a similar caliber hasn't gotten that opportunity at all yet?
UGA didn't fail to get in the CFP because of what occurred on Saturday. They rightfully didn't get in because of their loss to LSU. If they had won at LSU, they'd be in.

UGA didn't fail to get in the CFP because of what occurred on Saturday. They rightfully didn't get in because of their loss to LSU. If they had won at LSU, they'd be in.

I agree with that. I think if UGA had beaten LSU and gone into that game 12-0 and #2 in the country they would've been on a tier above OU and worthy of getting in regardless of having already gotten a shot at Bama. That was kind of the point i was making. Both teams were close so OU deserved the nod. If UGA had beaten LSU I don't think both teams would've been considered close.

Reactions: rogue cock

The way the playoff system works the team that loses is out. We aren't talking about the playoffs, we're talking about the getting into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Well, which conference is the toughest conference in the land? It's the SEC by far. There are five SEC teams in my mind that could go undefeated in the a she she.
Had Georgia not lost at LSU they may have gotten in had their only loss been to Bama but it doesn't matter because they had their opportunity and didn't capitalize on it.

UGA didn't get cheated, they just played in their playoff game and lost. Should we award them an SEC participation trophy? Say, "well, you played great, lost to a great playoff team, so you should get another shot." ?

OzWizard hit the nail on the head with this quote (make sure you put on your sarcasm hat for that to understand).

The UGA vs Bama game was for the NC.

Well, which conference is the toughest conference in the land? It's the SEC by far. There are five SEC teams in my mind that could go undefeated in the a she she.

2 likely would have this year (assuming they swap places with Clemson). Potentially LSU but they are prone to bad offensive outings and could drop a fluke game somewhere along the way. You are really going to have to sell me on the other 2. I get that you said "could" and not "would," but I don't think Florida or A&M would have a great shot at going 9-0 in any league, and Kentucky certainly wouldn't.

And this was a really, really bad year for the ACC. Just two years ago most people agreed it was the best conference in CFB. Now I'm not saying it's typically going to be competing for best conference title because i think most years it's going to be SEC #1 and B1G #2, but i also don't think the ACC is going to be this bad very often.

Reactions: Tiger Artillery 12
2 likely would have this year (assuming they swap places with Clemson). Potentially LSU but they are prone to bad offensive outings and could drop a fluke game somewhere along the way. You are really going to have to sell me on the other 2. I get that you said "could" and not "would," but I don't think Florida or A&M would have a great shot at going 9-0 in any league, and Kentucky certainly wouldn't.

And this was a really, really bad year for the ACC. Just two years ago most people agreed it was the best conference in CFB. Now I'm not saying it's typically going to be competing for best conference title because i think most years it's going to be SEC #1 and B1G #2, but i also don't think the ACC is going to be this bad very often.
.....and who would have thought that the ACC would be this bad after y'all bring in FSU, Miami, and VaTech. Should've brought in WVU, I guess.

Reactions: roosterbell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT