ADVERTISEMENT

Just read the Vegas picks in the Post & Courier

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
sports section and boy, they think we are going to be real bad and Clemson will be favored in every game they play, three point favorites over us at home. I beg to differ.I really believe Clemson could lose five games before they play us. As for our game consider this:
They have the edge with their injury prone QB but our QB, whoever he is , might be solid by the season end. Are Choice and Gillman better than Williams and Wilds ? I'll take our guys. Do they have anyone as good as Cooper at WR ? No way. Norton who at 285 lbs. is undersized is their only returning OL starter. They have last year's second and third sting players that will have to start namely, Webster, Beasley, Davis and undersized freshman Mitch Hyatt not yet ready for prime time. We counter with Zandi, Shell, Waldrop and Matulis.We should be much stronger in the OL. Do they have a Tight End as good as Adams? Haven't heard of him. Our little boy Fry is all SEC, They no longer have a kicker, looking for one.

On defense they return one starter on the line with no upgrades in camp to replace lost starters. They only have Boulware at LB who is slow and undersized. We clearly have a better Linebacker corps.

Finally , Dabo Sweeny lost his OC, Morris. Now he and the kids have to run the offense. Should be fun to watch depending on whose side you are on . No way Sweeny beats Spurrier in Columbia. Dabo had everything in his favor last year. Vegas needs to update their info and get the real picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News