ADVERTISEMENT

Just remember the USC media grifters that praised this hire

JamesRob

May 31, 2012
In 2 years when we are starting all over again, remember the Gamecock podcast and website grifters that lied to you about this hire.

The Beamer propaganda has been breathtaking.

They sold you a bill of goods for their own benefit.

In 2 years when we are starting all over again, remember the Gamecock podcast and website grifters that lied to you about this hire.

The Beamer propaganda has been breathtaking.

They sold you a bill of goods for their own benefit.
Isn't that what all "podcast and website grifters" do?

Just a more modern spin on the classics.

Tabloids.jpg

Wrong. He failed tonight, Troy and ECU (all wins). He and staff were outcoached and outplayed in all of those. We have a little mire specific talent than those 3 and that won us the games. It’s as bad a program condition and team as I’ve seen in 35 years of knowing what good and bad football is.

I'm not impressed with Beamer either. BUT, let the year play out.

Having said that, if anyone thinks Beamer is on thin ice, forget about it. If it's true that Tanner has 4 years to retirement, then Beamer has 4 years to prove himself. If he does not, then the new AD will pick the next Head Coach.

I'm pulling for Shane. We ALL should. I'm not saying don't be critical when warranted. But, give him a chance to grow. I expected 4 wins this season (we got that); 5 if we are lucky.

GO COCKS!!!!!!!

It appears he’s making progress. This team is better than last year’s with whole new schemes. I’m not sold on him, but 4-3 is 4-3.
Making progress? Where?

This team looks worse every week and we look worse than last year. We just won a dogfight with the worst Vandy team in 25 years with their backup QB. We only won because Vandy inexplicably went to a prevent defense on the last drive, and then Shane celebrated like he just won the Super Bowl. Embarrassing on all fronts.

Making progress? Where?

This team looks worse every week and we look worse than last year. We just won a dogfight with the worst Vandy team in 25 years with their backup QB. We only won because Vandy inexplicably went to a prevent defense on the last drive, and then Shane celebrated like he just won the Super Bowl. Embarrassing on all fronts.
Are you embarrassed? I'm not. I don't have any part in the game itself.
Why wouldn't Shane be smiling? Game winning drive by Zeb. I was smiling at the end of the game. Sure beats a loss.

It appears he’s making progress. This team is better than last year’s with whole new schemes. I’m not sold on him, but 4-3 is 4-3.
I think we can all agree that last year’s team, had they gotten the opportunity to play 3 OOC games, would have also beaten EIU, ECU and Troy and won 5 games. This year’s team has not yet proven its arguably better than last year.

This team doesnt quit. We havent been able to say that for 8 years. That’s progress.
You must be a new fan. I couldn't stand Muskrat but his teams didn't quit until last year. Before that they hung in there with La Tech, Michigan, S. Florida, etc. and didn't quit.

If you are seeing progress then there's no wonder we disagree so much. This is an absolute clownshow amateur hour if I've ever seen one. I almost would rather Muskrat out there...excuse me while I vomit lmao

This team reminds me of the 9-3 team Muschamp had. Everyone knew we weren’t as good as our record but no one said anything. It showed up next year how bad we were and that was the same year of the dreaded Belk Bowl.

Only because we've never had to give up to Vanderbilt before lol

Let me refresh your memory and I know you like majority of this board was born after 2000, but we lost to Vandy at Vandy and our wonderful QB Anthony Wright was laughing and joking with other players on the sidelines as we watch Vandy run the clock out..

Let that sink in...

4-3 tells you nothing. Your record against SEc opponents tells you where your program is compared to others In conference Now let’s go get a couple more wins

I think if Beamer is here for like 5 years, he will be successful. If we can ride it out, he is smart and players and parents like him. I just don't see how he can be a failure.

Reactions: caughtlookin
So do you believe Beamer is better than Spurrier?

Or can we just admit that doesn't make Beamer's win last night a good thing.

No, I don't believe that any coach that is 7 games into his tenure is as good as a coach that has won a National Championship. But that NC coach lost to Vandy two years in a row AFTER having won a NC previously.

And yes, Beamer's win last night against Vandy IS A GOOD THING.

The question is - are you sorry that he won??? I think you are...

No, I don't believe that any coach that is 7 games into his tenure is as good as a coach that has won a National Championship. But that NC coach lost to Vandy two years in a row AFTER having won a NC.

They are mad we won. Yes, Vandy is terrible and we are terrible. But they just love to lose . And USC took that joy away from them at the last minute . Sad

I think if Beamer is here for like 5 years, he will be successful. If we can ride it out, he is smart and players and parents like him. I just don't see how he can be a failure.
Smart is a question to be answered or some changes and different play calls would have already been made.

You must be a new fan. I couldn't stand Muskrat but his teams didn't quit until last year. Before that they hung in there with La Tech, Michigan, S. Florida, etc. and didn't quit.

If you are seeing progress then there's no wonder we disagree so much. This is an absolute clownshow amateur hour if I've ever seen one. I almost would rather Muskrat out there...excuse me while I vomit lmao
We would at least have saved $16 million to be in the same position we are in now.

They are mad we won. Yes, Vandy is terrible and we are terrible. But they just love to lose . And USC took that joy away from them at the last minute . Sad

Normally like your posts Jeff, but have to disagree. There seems to be a lot more anger coming to defend Shane this morning. Almost as if people realize that a last minute come from behind win against this vandy team isn't exactly heartening.

Yep, Drive killing, putting us way behind the sticks penalties. The Oline is the main culprit. Probably the worst I've seen since last year. lol
I just wish he would quit saying “it’s something we need to address” or “we’ve addressed it”. No. You haven’t. It’s been a major issue ALL year. Quit playing us for fools. Your team is terribly coached and lacks discipline. It hasnt bitten you in the ass yet but it almost has a few times and eventually it will and then you’ll really have some explaining to do, to which I’m sure he will say “gotta coach better, gotta address the penalties”. And then proceed to rah rah some.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
No one is mad we won but we know what we are seeing. If playing like that gets our doors blown off by a bad Clemson team you are going to see some really pissed of people. We will make Tennessee fans look sane. We are tired of this crap.

No one is mad we won but we know what we are seeing. If playing like that gets our doors blown off by a bad Clemson team you are going to see some really pissed of people. We will make Tennessee fans look sane. We are tired of this crap.
Well stop watching this team just isn't that good. I don't know how else to explain it.

No, I don't believe that any coach that is 7 games into his tenure is as good as a coach that has won a National Championship. But that NC coach lost to Vandy two years in a row AFTER having won a NC previously.

Those 2007 and 2008 Vanderbilt teams were much better than this 2021 Vanderbilt team.

I'm ecstatic we won, but not foolish enough to understand it's a terrible sign for us that we struggled with a Vanderbilt team that lost by 20 to East Tennessee State.

We won, that’s about the only positive you can take from that shit show yesterday. Lacking talent is one thing. Lacking discipline, weekly repetitive issues (holding, false starts, missed assignments), etc indicate a few of our coaches are either over their heads, or just plain incompetent. We were 18.5-20 point favorites for a reason. Vandy is downright AWFUL. We proved yesterday we’re one point better than awful. Take the garnet colored glasses off and tell me the product on the field is marginally better than last season. Defense is better, ST are considerably better, offense has gone considerably backwards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT