ADVERTISEMENT

Just went over to kensucky site

To the OP, can we get rid of the Kensucky. If you graduated in '91 that's way to childish. I have posted here many times and generally get treated with much respect. You have a tremendous fanbase. You don't need that.

Many on your board calling us USC jr.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
1977 CatActive Member
To the OP, can we get rid of the Kensucky. If you graduated in '91 that's way to childish. I have posted here many times and generally get treated with much respect. You have a tremendous fanbase. You don't need that.

Are you kidding? Everybody in the SEC refers to you as...Kensucky. I bet Louisville does too!

Reactions: uscgrad1991
Found out we have no chance. There offense and defense are years ahead of us. We have played sorry teams the first two games. They played teams that could beat Alabama. I guess its time for me to burn all of my tailgate gear. Maybe I can watch reruns of the golden girls. That would be much more exciting than watching our team getting destroyed by them and everyone else.

So you too read the threads that talk about how there is not one position that SC is better at than UK.......or maybe their 10 win season thread.........it gets better, but I see you saw it too. Boggles the mind. I watched both their games..........they are plain bad. They even say their talent level is superior. We went 6-6 and to a bowl last year. We thought it was not great. They did basically the same, and they are on the verge of SEC East titles???? Go figure.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Many on your board calling us USC jr.

Your an SEC team, don't agree with that at all. The only jr.team is on the west coast.

I cringe when I see that too. I use the term USC and I expect fellow UK fans to know I'm referring to you guys and not that crap school out in California.

I expect a hard-fought game Sat night. A Gamecock win certainly won't shock me but I don't you guys are that awesome and we're so terrible that a 42-10 type score is going to happen. I predict a 7-10 point margin either way.

As for posting content and behavior, every fan base has its share of good people and a$$holes. As if anything we type on this board will any true bearing on the actual outcome.

1977 CatActive Member

Are you kidding? Everybody in the SEC refers to you as...Kensucky. I bet Louisville does too!

To be 1000% honest I for one have heard "Kensucky" once in my life aside from this.

I cringe at cheesy things like that. The same as I do with "cock" jokes. Unless they are original.

I cringe when I see that too. I use the term USC and I expect fellow UK fans to know I'm referring to you guys and not that crap school out in California.

I expect a hard-fought game Sat night. A Gamecock win certainly won't shock me but I don't you guys are that awesome and we're so terrible that a 42-10 type score is going to happen. I predict a 7-10 point margin either way.

As for posting content and behavior, every fan base has its share of good people and a$$holes. As if anything we type on this board will any true bearing on the actual outcome.
Dude. Manafold does that on every board.

i agree with you....unless you are 18 to 21 that is a quite childish thing to do....something a kid would find funny

Reactions: Deli owl
I think Kentucky is Kentucky....and though they are pretty decent right now they are not the program that we are and unless there is some monumental event that happens that shifts the very sands upon witch we stand....they never will be.

If our team has truly embraced the workman like attitude they claim to have...we whip those Kentucky boys by two touchdowns. They got a team....they do...but so do we. We ain't going to get nothing by being nice...it is time to take the stick and whip some ass.

Bring it Kentucky....but know on saturday night you are going to be walking into the mouth of hell.

Don't bother. I went over just to talk about game but delusion level is high for some of them. Not all but some. Then you have a GU fan over there talking smack about Bentley saying he wouldn't start for but a couple SEC teams. Talk about clueless
Who is a GU fan?

Man so much hate. I came to the USC forum to get a feel for how yall see the game. Looks like the die hard fans on both sides of the fence are puffing up their chest and blowing smoke.
We all have those fans that make our fan base look stupid. Hell I probably do it sometimes too. But some times you got to come to reality and see the game for what it is. This game will not be a blow out for either team. It will be hard fought and I believe USC is better than UK but not a large gap between them.

Reactions: ukalum1988
We are a 6-7 point underdog, understandable, but we were underdogs in '14, '15 and '16 also, 3 point dog last season at home. Fact is we were underdogs a lot last season. But that is neither here nor there, fact is it will be another closely contested game, and will probably be a 7-10 point outcome.
Carolina will be our toughest opponent to date no doubt, and here's to a good, clean, hard fought game with no injuries for either team !

For 20 years you have managed two wins against us at Williams Brice. That's 10 attempts. By the way the wins were against what many consider our two worst teams ever-'99 & '15. We are much better. I like our chances.

That is the beauty of a college football fan of an undefeated team. They think the ceiling of the team is limitless until the 1st loss occurs and reality sets in. Even some pollsters doing the rankings have some of this.

Reactions: IrmoRed
UK fan here...I come in peace :D
Imo...
QB: Push thru 2 games (Bentley much higher upside)
RB: Advantage UK
WR: Advantage USC
TE: SLIGHTTTT Advantage UK (this position shockingly determines the game imo. Both have potential to gash the opposing team's defense.
OL: Push
DLine: Advantage USC
LB: Advantage UK
Secondary: Slight Advantage UK (we've been very pedestrian at this position this season.
Special Teams: Huge USC Advantage in the return game, Huge UK advantage in kicking.

Either team wins 27-24. We have to avoid a shoutout at all costs. Anything over 30 points and I'd lose confidence.

To be 1000% honest I for one have heard "Kensucky" once in my life aside from this.

I cringe at cheesy things like that. The same as I do with "cock" jokes. Unless they are original.
Geez Kensucky, ooops "Kentucky" fans get your feelings hurt really easy. Reminds me of the everybody should get a trophy crowd.

Geez Kensucky, ooops "Kentucky" fans get your feelings hurt really easy. Reminds me of the everybody should get a trophy crowd.

Not exactly sure how what I said gave off a "hurt feelings" vibe to you...all I said was that I don't ever hear it and cheesy names make me cringe.

Let's mature up a bit buddy. Good luck to your team and hope it's a good game!

Also, showing me a t-shirt someone made on a blog doesn't validate your point that everyone says "Kensucky".

Peace.

Call me crazy but the only smack talk going on is in response to the fella coming over to our board and talking about a 45-17 SC win. Or the other poster who came over and claimed we are about to get hit by a hurricane (your football team). Kentucky fans are far from cocky with this game....we have struggled the last 2 weeks.

We are more concerned about this game than we are for Florida. So for the most part you are completely wrong.

We have plenty of respect for your team, just not for the guys coming over talking smack when they have lost the last 3 years to us. Neither team can really be cocky here.

I'll be at Williams Brice in blue, excited for the atmosphere and another close game for the 4th year in a row. Don't see any of us "smacking" the other.
You are going to be shocked then. First, you are going to experience a USC- Tennessee-Florida-Georgia type atmosphere. After beating Kentucky 14 of 15 years in a row and losing the last 3 and being 2-0 and the first home game It very well may get ugly fast. We were a 2.5 pt. underdog at Missouri and won by 18. I think Kentucky gets blown out of the stadium. If I'm wrong I will be back Sunday.

UK fan here...I come in peace :D
Imo...
QB: Push thru 2 games (Bentley much higher upside)
RB: Advantage UK
WR: Advantage USC
TE: SLIGHTTTT Advantage UK (this position shockingly determines the game imo. Both have potential to gash the opposing team's defense.
OL: Push
DLine: Advantage USC
LB: Advantage UK
Secondary: Slight Advantage UK (we've been very pedestrian at this position this season.
Special Teams: Huge USC Advantage in the return game, Huge UK advantage in kicking.

Either team wins 27-24. We have to avoid a shoutout at all costs. Anything over 30 points and I'd lose confidence.

I think it's more like this. We'll know who's right in a few days.

QB: USC
RB: Even
WR: USC
TE: USC
OL: Even
DL: USC
LB: USC
DB: Even
KR: USC
PR: USC
PK: UK
P: USC
HFA: USC

Adds up to a convincing Gamecock victory -- 38-17.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
I think it's more like this. We'll know who's right in a few days.

QB: USC
RB: Even
WR: USC
TE: USC
OL: Even
DL: USC
LB: USC
DB: Even
PK: UK
P: USC
HFA: USC

Adds up to a convincing Gamecock victory -- 38-17.
QB: USC, Bentley is a top QB in the SEC
RB: Snell was a 1,000 yard rusher who split carries and didn't play 2 games last year.
WR: USC not close
TE: Slight USC, you guys have more depth, but Conrad for us is a stud
OL: UK slight. We've played poorly, but depth and proven experience is on our side
DL: USC, not close. Our Dline gets no push and can be run on at will
LB: UK, Jordan Jones is the best LBer in the game and UK is deep
DB: UK, you guys got shredded in the air the first two games. Ours was not sharp, but we have not played true competition to judge yet so I'm going by last year
K: UK
P: Even

It really comes down to 1 thing for each team. Can you all establish the run against our thin DLine and can we get our passing game in rhythm against your secondary.

Reactions: mbsurfside
QB: USC, Bentley is a top QB in the SEC
RB: Snell was a 1,000 yard rusher who split carries and didn't play 2 games last year.
WR: USC not close
TE: Slight USC, you guys have more depth, but Conrad for us is a stud
OL: UK slight. We've played poorly, but depth and proven experience is on our side
DL: USC, not close. Our Dline gets no push and can be run on at will
LB: UK, Jordan Jones is the best LBer in the game and UK is deep
DB: UK, you guys got shredded in the air the first two games. Ours was not sharp, but we have not played true competition to judge yet so I'm going by last year
K: UK
P: Even

It really comes down to 1 thing for each team. Can you all establish the run against our thin DLine and can we get our passing game in rhythm against your secondary.
Just a few notes:

QB - Agree
Your QB had respectable games the past 2 weeks, but considering the competition it looks very average. He could have a great game and pass for 200 yards against us, but I don't see it happening. I'm thinking about the same as last year with around 60% completions for between 135-150 yards.
RB - I say push.
Snell is a great RB but we've shored up our run defense some. I can see him running for over 100 yards but I don't see UK totaling over 200 on the ground in this one.
The reason behind the "push" and why you won't see a 1000 yard rusher on our roster this year is we'll be splitting carries between 3 backs. Dowdle, who didn't have a carry against you last season but went on to be our most productive back, AJ Turner and sophomore Ty'son Williams a transfer from UNC...who is a bull.
One other factor that will help us establish the ground attack against you is a new (and former returned) OL coach. You'll see much better schemes and run blocking than the past 3 years.
WR - Agree
TE - I can agree, but our TE's are very talented and you'll hear Hayden Hurst named called a lot either catching, running or blocking.
OL - I can agree here also, but ours is improved.
DL - Agree, but ours were bad the past 3 years...and I mean BAD. Watch for Javon Kinlaw, kid is a monster.
LB - OK, I just can't agree here. With the return of Skai Moore we have 2 highly talented senior starters in he and Bryson Allen-Williams and a solid 3rd starting sophomore TJ Brunson who lead the team in tackles vs NCST. UK may have more depth but I'm not so sure their starters are as talented.
DB - I agree with your assessment, therefore I would say it's a push. Keep an eye out for freshman corner and #39 on ESPN's top 250 from last years recruiting Jamyest Williams and also Javon Charleston. They both have very high ceilings and will be studs. Won't be surprised to see both have a big game and maybe a pick from one or the other.

Agree with on special teams.

Should be a good game but I truly believe USC will win it comfortably.

the little boys blew are pretty self confident

go cocks!

Some are questioning the quality of USC's wins based on the fact that both opponents out-gained the Gamecocks so far. But that's not the same as believing UK will win and they don't seem terribly confident to me at all.

Found out we have no chance. There offense and defense are years ahead of us. We have played sorry teams the first two games. They played teams that could beat Alabama. I guess its time for me to burn all of my tailgate gear. Maybe I can watch reruns of the golden girls. That would be much more exciting than watching our team getting destroyed by them and everyone else.
That's funny, because I just went over there and the first thing I saw was their prediction contest thread pinned at the top and the first 3 picks were for us.
The final:
21 votes for UK to win
27 votes for USC

To be fair I haven't read any threads yet. But I'll come back and eat a little crow if you're right. :D

Reactions: uscgrad1991
Every Kentucky fan that really knows football has a lot of respect for the South Carolina program.The athletes, the coaches, the stadium, the atmosphere,etc,etc. Everything about the SC program is true SEC caliber.The UK program is really just getting started.After fifty plus years of being lied to by the university administrators and local media UK fans finally revolted and forced a change.Enter Mark Stoops.Yes he has recruited better,yes he got to a bowl game and finished with seven wins last year.But when you lose half your offensive line, two standout wide receivers, and two running backs you have to account for a huge loss in offensive production.Personally I think SC wins this time around.

Yes, we did have to scratch and claw out the 3 wins. But they were wins just the same, we did beat Southern Miss on the road despite our O-line having a miserable day. The Golden Eagles have beaten SEC foes Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU, and UK over the years, they have been giant killers, and EKU has 21 post season appearances, and 2 NC's on their resume. I know we didn't beat Alabama or Oklahoma the 1st couple of games, but those teams will win a lot of games this year.
You guys are favored and should be, but when the whistle blows, anything can happen.
I know we are getting better when the diehard Blue Cat fans are picking us to win. So many times this crown would come into Willy B bragging about how they would dismantle the Gamecocks. Their wins most recently happened because of our slide and allowed them to accomplish things never done vs us before but now it's back to status quo. Kentucky is the closest thing in the SEC to the UNC wine and cheese Blue Goats. Both always have had a big inflated opinion of themselves.

I know we are getting better when the diehard Blue Cat fans are picking us to win. So many times this crown would come into Willy B bragging about how they would dismantle the Gamecocks. Their wins most recently happened because of our slide and allowed them to accomplish things never done vs us before but now it's back to status quo. Kentucky is the closest thing in the SEC to the UNC wine and cheese Blue Goats. Both always have had a big inflated opinion of themselves.
And I'm sure that your whole fan base is perfect and has no inflated egos whatsoever...I mean heck it is just a game of sports and generally people are biased and pump up there teams around the world...but yeah Kentucky fans are so different ;)

Reactions: martycat1
KY has game, you don't go into Louisville and beat them without game, plus they have the 3 straight on us. Having said that, they miss Boo Williams a bunch. And also Badet to stretch the field. Their OL is missing two key clogs to a unit that manhandled opposing teams last year in the run game. Their D is better this year (they won't have their all sec MLB due to injury) and we will need to work hard to get the run game going against them (they are solid vs run), but I doubt that team will outperform SC in WBrice for a night game. Close game perhaps, but a good chance Carolina breaks out big. The energy is going to be huge at WB Sat nite

Jordan Jones, our starting MLB, will not play Saturday against USC. Beating the Gamecocks just got that much tougher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT