ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Harris snubbed from Doak Walker ballot (Also, Tanner is awful!)

DibbleDee

Nov 16, 2020
The candidates list is compiled PRIOR to the season, which is totally asinine. There were 79 candidates, and Harris was not one of them (not surprising considering he was an unknown prior to this season). So, of course, he didn't make the 10 semifinalists.

Nevertheless, he's the 3rd leading rusher in college football (currently the top P5 rusher). He's 18th in yards per attempt. Fifth in rushing touchdowns. And this on a team with next to no passing threat. He was 3rd in the nation in rushing attempts. The #1, 2 and 4 guys in rushing attempts made the ballot.

Only 3 of the semifinalists ranked ahead of Harris for yards per attempt.

Is this a vote to keep Bobo?
Added edit for more effect. - Good thing Napier doesn’t interview well or he could’ve been the next coach.

Last edited:
A RB that was held under 60 yards in 4 games isn't one of the top ten backs in the Country. Having 3 big games against Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky don't make you one of the best backs in the Country.

Reactions: Newberrycocky1997
A RB that was held under 60 yards in 4 games isn't one of the top ten backs in the Country. Having 3 big games against Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky don't make you one of the best backs in the Country.
You could say that about anybody. Most good players have good games against the weaker defenses. He is not the only 1

This is the dumbest Comment I have seen on here in a loooonnnggg time and that is really saying something.. let’s compare him to a legendary RB though- Lattimore had a few games where he was held under 100 yds too- actually, in his 2010 season he played in 13 games and had a total of 4 over 100 yds- 9 games under 100! In 4 of those games he had 54 yards or less!! guess he sucked huh? Man we wasted a scholi on that guy! GTFO of here with this Bs. Harris played one of the toughest schedules in the nation against teams that stacked the box to stop him because it was obvious we could not beat anyone through the air, and he STILL racked up 1100+ yards in just 10 games! Much of his yardage was earned way down field and through breaking tackles, which indicates his success was not a product of scheme or especially great run blocking. He was THE best RB in the SEC this year by any measure you look at and by default comparing the strength of competition easily the best RB in the nation all things considered.

Opinions are like assholes- everybody has one, yours just stinks sir.

You could say that about anybody. Most good players have good games against the weaker defenses. He is not the only 1
Yeah but you have to look a consistency. With 4 games he was held to under 60 yards and one game with 83 yard. If half the games you play in your non factor. Shouldn’t be a finalist for the Doak Walker.

This is the dumbest Comment I have seen on here in a loooonnnggg time and that is really saying something.. let’s compare him to a legendary RB though- Lattimore had a few games where he was held under 100 yds too- actually, in his 2010 season he played in 13 games and had a total of 4 over 100 yds- 9 games under 100! In 4 of those games he had 54 yards or less!! guess he sucked huh? Man we wasted a scholi on that guy! GTFO of here with this Bs. Harris played one of the toughest schedules in the nation against teams that stacked the box to stop him because it was obvious we could not beat anyone through the air, and he STILL racked up 1100+ yards in just 10 games! Much of his yardage was earned way down field and through breaking tackles, which indicates his success was not a product of scheme or especially great run blocking. He was THE best RB in the SEC this year by any measure you look at and by default comparing the strength of competition easily the best RB in the nation all things considered.

Opinions are like assholes- everybody has one, yours just stinks sir.
You are a Moron if you are comparing Harris to Lattimore. Didn't read anything you wrote. Lattimore wasn't a Semi finalists in 2010 for the Doak Walker his only full season., even more stupidity to compare the 2.

Last edited:
The candidates list is compiled PRIOR to the season, which is totally asinine. There were 79 candidates, and Harris was not one of them (not surprising considering he was an unknown prior to this season). So, of course, he didn't make the 10 semifinalists.

Nevertheless, he's the 3rd leading rusher in college football (currently the top P5 rusher). He's 18th in yards per attempt. Fifth in rushing touchdowns. And this on a team with next to no passing threat. He was 3rd in the nation in rushing attempts. The #1, 2 and 4 guys in rushing attempts made the ballot.

Guy at Iowa State is the Top P-5 rusher

Blame Tanner...
74732124.jpg

Reactions: FORKCOCK
You are a Moron if you are comparing Harris to Lattimore. Didn't read anything you wrote. Lattimore wasn't a Semi finalists in 2010 for the Doak Walker his only full season., even more stupidity to compare the 2.
Oh? Name calling? Mature. You might actually want to read the facts I wrote before responding. I know that is out of character for you.. but flying off the handle about what I wrote while also admitting you didn’t even read it is well, not surprising given the source I suppose. FTR- on a worse team in fewer games- Harris still had within 70 yards of Latti’s 2010 season and only 2 less than the record setting total of 17 TDs Latti had that year. So if we were comparing the two- in their first years of major action Harris had inarguably a more impressive season. Back to the point at hand though/ The Doak Walker award is not an award that compares a guy running this year in a 10 game season to what someone did over a 13 game season ten years ago- it is supposed to be a measure of who the best RB in the nation is this year and that was Kevin Harris. IMO... but again, reading is Not really “your thing”... so I am wasting my breath obviously.

You got to take the Garnet glasses off when judging talent.
He wouldn't start at Auburn, Bama, Georgia or A%M. I've seen Bigsby and Spiller play in person this season and its not close. You put either one in the I, and their leading the league in rushing it's not even close.

You got to take the Garnet glasses off when judging talent.
He wouldn't start at Auburn, Bama, Georgia or A%M. I've seen Bigsby and Spiller play in person this season and its not close. You put either one in the I, and their leading the league in rushing it's not even close.
Kevin Harris is a beast and should have been top two..

As a Clemson fan I agree that Harris should have been included for that award! He has had a great season and hasn’t gotten the media attention that his performances deserve. Especially since UofSC hasn’t played well and usually is trying to come from behind. I say that because typically when teams get behind they start passing a lot. His yards have come despite that. The anger from the Gamecock fan base is warranted!

This really pissed me the hell off.

How it goes for most RBs. Heck Etienne has only had 2 games over 100 yards all season...granted, he's in there b/c of his receiving abilities. Najee has had 5 games under 100 yards. Sincere McCormick had 4 games under 100 yards, 2 under 60.

Anybody that's watched this kid run and doesn't think he's special, is a little bit blind in my opinion. He's one of the most explosive backs in the country and barring injuries will play at the next level.

How it goes for most RBs. Heck Etienne has only had 2 games over 100 yards all season...granted, he's in there b/c of his receiving abilities. Najee has had 5 games under 100 yards. Sincere McCormick had 4 games under 100 yards, 2 under 60.
Apparently they all suck too.

Nobody said Harris sucks, he's just not a top ten back in the Country.
You don't think Najee and Etienne numbers would be better if they were in the I?
I don’t know. You don’t know. Nobody knows. What we know is Harris had the best stats of any RB in the SEC and was top 5 or better in every national stat I know how to track. INCLUDING YPC (so it wasn’t just cumulative stats born of a RB with a bunch more carries than everyone else) On a 2-8 team with no passing game and defenses stacking the box to stop him, he still got 1100 yards in 10 games and tallied within two TDs of our season record for TDs. (Marcus has it at 17 over THIRTEEN GAMES vs Harris’ 10). He did it by breaking tackles and out running even the fastest guys on opposing teams. He is a stud. I know Kevin Harris. I do not know what Najee or anyone else might have done in an offense they were not playing in.

I don’t know. You don’t know. Nobody knows. What we know is Harris had the best stats of any RB in the SEC and was top 5 or better in every national stat I know how to track. INCLUDING YPC (so it wasn’t just cumulative stats born of a RB with a bunch more carries than everyone else) On a 2-8 team with no passing game and defenses stacking the box to stop him, he still got 1100 yards in 10 games and tallied within two TDs of our season record for TDs. (Marcus has it at 17 over THIRTEEN GAMES vs Harris’ 10). He did it by breaking tackles and out running even the fastest guys on opposing teams. He is a stud. I know Kevin Harris. I do not know what Najee or anyone else might have done in an offense they were not playing in.
[/QUOT
Stats don't determine who the best RB is . This isn't baseball. All stats do is show consistency, you have to watch them play. Without any doubt they would have more yards running in the I.

well, I think he just won the SEC regular season rushing title. (Najee Harris only rushed 14 times for less than 50 due to shoulder injury.)

Don't bother. This guy is here for nothing more than to argue. This is the same guy defending child abuse in another thread.

Rico carty write in:

Oh? Name calling? Mature. You might actually want to read the facts I wrote before responding. I know that is out of character for you.. but flying off the handle about what I wrote while also admitting you didn’t even read it is well, not surprising given the source I suppose. FTR- on a worse team in fewer games- Harris still had within 70 yards of Latti’s 2010 season and only 2 less than the record setting total of 17 TDs Latti had that year. So if we were comparing the two- in their first years of major action Harris had inarguably a more impressive season. Back to the point at hand though/ The Doak Walker award is not an award that compares a guy running this year in a 10 game season to what someone did over a 13 game season ten years ago- it is supposed to be a measure of who the best RB in the nation is this year and that was Kevin Harris. IMO... but again, reading is Not really “your thing”... so I am wasting my breath obviously.
You know what what would help your posts: More whining. Oh, and make them even longer.

He never got the chance
Not saying that if he had the chance he wouldn’t have killed it. He must not have shown the potential at practice or he would have gotten more chances. (Assuming Muschamp wasn’t
Coach). My point was that there was nothing from last year that would have clued the admin in to the fact that Harris was going to have a break-out year. Thus no nomination.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT