ADVERTISEMENT

Kingston and Lee

Your original statement, “Kingston's issue is barely making the SEC tournament (should be a given) and missing NCAAs,” implies every year. Not true. Unless you’re of the opinion that barely making it one year is grounds for dismissal. We were pretty solid in going into the last week of season this year, unlike 2019 when we had to win the last series of the year against Miss State to make it to the SEC Tournament.
Whatever. You can interpret how you want. I'm sick of going back and forth. Kingston sucks. Our record sucks. We miss the NCAAs too much. But keep believing otherwise

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybercock
To continue
...Sanders, Becker, Hall, Bosnic, and others I mean wuff!!! We are going to have a stout pitching staff next year. That area looks bright. I just don't see a replacement for Belk, Sightler, and Eyster at this point in time. This recruiting cycle is critical.
Hoping that Hall does come back next season, but you can also add that it is a bonus having Austin and Thomas coming out of the bullpen and perhaps they will get opportunities to start the mid-week games. Is it 100 percent certainty that Sightler will not be back next season?

Whatever. You can interpret how you want. I'm sick of going back and forth. Kingston sucks. Our record sucks. We miss the NCAAs too much. But keep believing otherwise
It is simple to say, “X sucks,” but the reality is we have had one really bad season. No denying that, is it a precursor for what is to come? I do not know, my crystal ball broke. I am hoping it is not. I tend to look at all the mitigating factors when evaluating something. I simply have little patience when inaccurate statements are thrown out to validate a point. Bottom line is I would like nothing more than to have an extremely successful program. Based on your passion during our exchange, I am sure you do too. I do know there have been many coaches across sports that struggled early and then gone on to have successful programs, hopefully Kingston will turn out to be one. Again, I do not know (that crystal ball thing again). What I do know is he will be on a short leash with an extremely hot seat next year.

It is simple to say, “X sucks,” but the reality is we have had one really bad season. No denying that, is it a precursor for what is to come? I do not know, my crystal ball broke. I am hoping it is not. I tend to look at all the mitigating factors when evaluating something. I simply have little patience when inaccurate statements are thrown out to validate a point. Bottom line is I would like nothing more than to have an extremely successful program. Based on your passion during our exchange, I am sure you do too. I do know there have been many coaches across sports that struggled early and then gone on to have successful programs, hopefully Kingston will turn out to be one. Again, I do not know (that crystal ball thing again). What I do know is he will be on a short leash with an extremely hot seat next year.
We'll see. Yeah I grew up going to Carolina baseball games. Followed the team hard from 2000-2015. Started losing interest in last few years. My favorite team is still the 2000 team even though they didn't make it to Omaha as #1 overall seed. Have their team poster mounted on my wall along with the two national title teams. I loaded multiple clips to YouTube of the 2010 title run. I used to never miss a game-watching or listening. Hardly follow now.

Hoping that Hall does come back next season, but you can also add that it is a bonus having Austin and Thomas coming out of the bullpen and perhaps they will get opportunities to start the mid-week games. Is it 100 percent certainty that Sightler will not be back next season?

I am not 100% certain. Would be huge if he returned.

It's hard to determine what you are seeing. Was that "one really bad season" in 2019 where we went 27-28. Or was that "one really bad season" in 2022 where it was literally one game different at 28-28.
You say "the reality is" we have had one really bad season. You want to amend that? Or is that simply YOUR reality?

It's hard to determine what you are seeing. Was that "one really bad season" in 2019 where we went 27-28. Or was that "one really bad season" in 2022 where it was literally one game different at 28-28.
You say "the reality is" we have had one really bad season. You want to amend that? Or is that simply YOUR reality?
SC finished 28-28 in 2019, not 27-28. This past year was 27-28. Maybe a more accurate statement would have been one really bad season after making NCAA the previous year?

SC finished 28-28 in 2019, not 27-28. This past year was 27-28. Maybe a more accurate statement would have been one really bad season after making NCAA the previous year?
I count two really bad years but we see what we want to see. Personally, I dont believe simply making the NCAA should be some kinda great accomplishment for a program of our stature. I dont recall ever being all that grateful we got in after an early elimination. So I may not always rate that accomplishment high when evaluating success. That said, Kingston had a successful season his first year. One would hope that wouldnt be his best after 5 years.
Truth is tho, I probably view success very different than a lot of folks. Although in the long run, wins matter. When I watch our teams play, I'm less interested scores or accomplishments and more interested in fundamentals, mechanics, improvement, maintenance, what can we do, what we wont do...that kinda stuff. Maintenance being huge. I'm more interested in hitting than anything else because that's what's worked on the most (probably 70% of a practice). Hitting is where I measure a coach's worth more than any other aspect of the game. To that I'll just say I wish we were better than we are. We should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbouton2
I certainly respect other people's opinions. Some great points are being made. I believe a baseball coach has the hardest job of all due to the draft in June. Recruit a great player and he gets drafted so then you try to recruit ones that aren't great out of high school but you project to be great down the line and hope they don't get injured. That's tough when two or three teams in the sec typically make it to the world series every year. Tough! Tanner did it. He knows how.

Reactions: Jbouton2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT