ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby Smart and Rich Rod.....just saying.......Tanner at least has to have a plan...

This will be the end, be surprised even if he finishes this year out before making an announcement. Too old to cut the mustard, just like Paterno, Holtz and Bowden was.

I hope he is like Bowden. At age 70 bowden won 12 games. At 71 he won 11. 8 games at 72. 9 games at 73. 10 games at 74. And 9 games at 75. Woooo hoooooo.

As much as I hate to see what is happening, I think Spurrier has to be allowed to call his own shot... I think if this season is a disaster then he may step down on his own... Everybody can see the lack of talent on our team, for goodness sakes the best qb on our team is a former walk on, that kind of says it all but they were to proud to let him start the season... I do think Perry has potential but there was a reason he was a walk on. Where we are talented we dont seem to play to that strength... But as far as potential candidates, I like Bob Stoops... Its probably time for him to make a change, I think it would be worth a shot... Charlie Strong when he gets the axe would also be a good choice... I wouldnt turn my nose up at Chad Morris either or some other younger coach like the offensive coordinator at Texas A and M, I forgot his name right now... I think Spurrier has proven that you can win at South Carolina and get recognized on the national scene but you have to recruit big and not miss on the recruits. I have never been so upset as I was after this Kentucky game, it was a confirmation of where South Carolina is as a program. But for some strange reason I think we are going to kick the dawg's ass Saturday... I am a glutton for punishment.

Mark Dantonio.

We could pay him more than what he's being paid at MSU. Defensive mind. Has slowly built MSU into a powerhouse that just beat the most prolific offense in the country. Played at SC, so an alumnus. Seems like a no brainer that he's the first call. Not sure if he would come, but would be worth a call.

You realize he is the 2nd highest paid coach in college football, right?

I'm sure the school could pay for it, but would it be worth it? Me thinks not.

The guy is a saint in East Lansing, second only to Izzo.

Just flat out not going to happen, the guy is 60 and he is set.

I think Tom Herman from Houston, Chad Morris at SMU (if hes even remotely successful), or maybe if you want to see if you can grab a more experienced guy like Patterson at TCU or Art Briles from Baylor.

I think we should discuss Dabo's retirement, he's topped-out with nowhere else to go but down. He's sneaking up on 50, you know - no longer a kid. He's also wearing a lot more blazers these days, another sign of maturity.
Who do you think is next in line at clemson? Will they consider 'little' Scott? Maybe Elliott? What are the chances of rehiring Chad Morris?
Hillary Clinton is almost 70 and substantially more overweight than the HBC (with a 'history' of headaches, as well) - do we really need THAT to worry about?
The gal at General Motors just paid a $115 million dollar fine, should she keep her job? Somebody also 'ought think long and hard about firing the Braves General Manager IMHO.
How many times will Vincent Sheheen run for Governor before HE gets the message? Should we put our foot down about Putin in Russia? And how long are we going to take crap from North Korea? You could send Dr. Phil packing anytime and I'd be OK with that. And take Rachael Ray with him. Did Ted Williams really have his body frozen? I can't stand the redesigned Minny Mouse, they've got way too mu ch wave in her new hairstyle. And what 'it' was Walter Cronkite talking about when he always said "and that's the way IT is"? Boxers or briefs?
idgif3.gif

I think Rich Rod would be a great fit. I think the next coach should be an offensive minded guy. I think Chad Morris would be good too, but doubt he would come. And truthfully, he needs more HC experience anyways.

You realize he is the 2nd highest paid coach in college football, right?

I'm sure the school could pay for it, but would it be worth it? Me thinks not.

The guy is a saint in East Lansing, second only to Izzo.

Just flat out not going to happen, the guy is 60 and he is set.

Actually I didn't know that. Just did a quick google search and looked like his comp was lower than Spurrier's, which must have been bad info.

Thanks. I guess we can dream. If it were ever possible, would seem to be a no brainer. Lol

Heck guys, any one of Rich rod, Kirby Smart, Chad Morris would be a great get and I think if the money is right any of the three can be had.

Tanner already keeps a list and has said so. And why wouldn't he? Spurrier walked into his office and resigned after last season before reconsidering after talking with his wife.

Seriously, you people throw around the words stupid and idiot with no compunction. Grow up.

You have first hand knowledge of Spurrier waling into Tanner's office and resigning? Link to an article? It seems to me that you're throwing around complete speculation as fact....?

Somehow also get Frank Wilson from LSU and keep Mangus....pipedream recruitingwise....but would it work on the field?....Tanner's job to figure out.

Kirby is line for UGA and Bama right now...better jobs but you never know.

Spurrier will be our coach until he decides to hang them up....which he would do with a losing season....which is possible, if not likely.
Kirby is not in line for UGA. He may be at Bama but not Georgia. Too many bridges burned.

I would just like a good, solid, young, energetic, and passionate coach......i.e. Coach Freeze or similar......class act. Rich Rod and Kirby too.......Tanner at least has to have a plan now......losing by 32 points to uga is not acceptable.

We are a Deep South school - it is what it is. We need a coach with connections to OUR recruiting area (SC, NC, GA, FL, VA, AL) - and assistants with area connections, too - recruiting is the life blood of football in the SEC. We also need a WORKER who LOVES recruiting and will INSIST that his Assistants have the same performance priorities.

We are a Deep South school - it is what it is. We need a coach with connections to OUR recruiting area (SC, NC, GA, FL, VA, AL) - and assistants with area connections, too - recruiting is the life blood of football in the SEC. We also need a WORKER who LOVES recruiting and will INSIST that his Assistants have the same performance priorities.
Whatever coach would come in, needs to look at hiring EJ and Lawing not only for their coaching but their connection to the HS coaches in SC and NC. EJ got us the Rock Hill kids and is one of the best LB coaches in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT