ADVERTISEMENT

Kotsar has to make some shots

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
Rock Hill
i know I harp on him but barely anything he puts up goes in. It is such a waste of possessions. He could have had an extra 6 points today.

It's off-season workouts. Depending on who is coaching the big men, you have to put them though the same situations that they see in the game.

On the block, where will the shots come from, what type of footwork to use, how to use the backboard, how to properly ball-fake, etc.

I would think Doug Edwards knows some of these things already.

One of our bigs is athletic.

The others, well, not so much.

Last night, Miss St. Threw a long pass directly to one of our guys. It was late in regulation and could have been huge. What did our guy do? He dropped it and a Miss St. guy ran over and grabbed it.

It all goes back to recruiting. He was acceptable as a total role player last year. But this year some production is needed. Eternally slow, not very athletic, and struggling with his shot isn’t a good recipe for great post play. He is/was a project. Imagine he will be most of his career

He's got great footwork,many times on switches you will see him on guards on the perimeter and stay in front of him No problem. Like the op said if he could just shoot a little better. He can work around the basket and get the shot but just can't complete it

Kotsar has the best footwork of all our bigs. He can turn the corner and take it to the rim better than any of our bigs. He just can't finish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT