ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Murray = Charlie Ward

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
I'd rather see a guy win the Heisman who is at least going to try to play at the next level.

I certainly don't blame Murray. I'd play baseball, too and save my brain. I'd just rather see them choose a guy who will stay in football... so we can at least talk about how overrated he was in college (a la Manziel).

There are a ton of Heisman trophy winners that do nothing in the NFL...probably a slight majority of them in the last 15-20 years. Generally speaking, the Heisman and NFL don't mix all that well.

Murray put on a show in college this year...and has a Heisman to show for it. Best of luck to the kid in whatever he decides to do next.

Not sure how you define "washed out"...but he played 12 years in the NBA and was the starting PG for the Knicks for several of those years. He finally retired because of injuries. I would guess many players would love to have a similar career.

Agreed. Ward had a longer professional career and made more money than most Heisman winners who played (or attempted to play) in the NFL.

Not sure how you define "washed out"...but he played 12 years in the NBA and was the starting PG for the Knicks for several of those years. He finally retired because of injuries. I would guess many players would love to have a similar career.
I was going to post this exact same thing, but didn't grunch the post, for once. Ward wasn't a superstar in the NBA, but as you stated, he had a long career, was a starter for some pretty good teams, made a ton of money, and retired in his mid-30s. I'd call that a nice career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT