ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Gamecocks are

Davis is an excellent athlete, but she has never been a consistent outstanding outside shooter. She was 32% from behind the arc in 2 yrs at Ga. Tech... 29% her last year. She's capable of having big nights, but she is going to miss a ton of shots, too. I think she can take over a game if she puts the ball on the floor and goes to the rim to get more chances at the foul line.

Harris is playing very well as a freshman. The kid from MSU is better because of her experience. Saw her pick Harris' pocket. Overall, this USC is team is very good and has potential to go far, but you keep saying "if" when talking about players hitting outside shots. That's not something you can depend on every night - the stats show what kind of shooters they are so don't make excuses and say they would have won by a lot more if they hit open shots... that fact that they miss a lot of open shots tells you their good, but not great.

Hopefully the good TN team doesn't show up on Monday. They've been very good at times this year and very poor other nights.

Again you miss the point trying to aver something that's not true...We have enough shooters and talent on our team for someone to come thru every night...It doesn't have to be the same player each night...That is part of what makes the Gamecocks great...Our most consistent player is A'ja...When she is rolling we don't need a super performance from any wing...Just convert the easy shots and layups..But if A'ja is not in the lineup or slowed by fouls a couple of wings have to step up and get it done...We get that support from Gray and Cuevas...Harris is a good shooter that needs to take more shots...Davis has been in a funk since she roasted Florida for 21 in the 1rst qtr...We need Kaela to give us 14-16 per night...

What the hell are you talking about "make excuses"...The team is 18-1 and 8-0 in the conference...It's stupid for fans like you to suggest they aren't a great team that can win it all...They are not a poor shooting team...They are inconsistent...But they have enough to win 99% of the time...The fact they miss easy open shots tells me they lack focus...I see Steph Curry miss easy shots some nights...The shots they missed the first 3 qtrs are the shots they made in the 4rth when it counted most...So obviously they are good enough to make shots

If your opinion of this team was true, there is no way in hell they would be 18-1 vs the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation..Looking at the list of quality tournament teams they have beaten says all any rational objective fans need to know...

It looks to me like she is using some of these games to try different combinations and basically different offenses.

i agree with that..but imho it a little far into the season for the experiments...it's time to lock down the conference and claim a no1 seed

We passed the ball around the perimeter due to Georgia's zone with 3 players in/near the lane. Seems like we did exactly what you said except the shots weren't going down early in the game.

thats true...when the shots don't fall our offense looks really bad...my wish is they would play faster earlier in the game and take some pressure off the posts...can't pack the zone in if you get an easy shot on the fast break...

Again you miss the point trying to aver something that's not true...We have enough shooters and talent on our team for someone to come thru every night...It doesn't have to be the same player each night...That is part of what makes the Gamecocks great...Our most consistent player is A'ja...When she is rolling we don't need a super performance from any wing...Just convert the easy shots and layups..But if A'ja is not in the lineup or slowed by fouls a couple of wings have to step up and get it done...We get that support from Gray and Cuevas...Harris is a good shooter that needs to take more shots...Davis has been in a funk since she roasted Florida for 21 in the 1rst qtr...We need Kaela to give us 14-16 per night...

What the hell are you talking about "make excuses"...The team is 18-1 and 8-0 in the conference...It's stupid for fans like you to suggest they aren't a great team that can win it all...They are not a poor shooting team...They are inconsistent...But they have enough to win 99% of the time...The fact they miss easy open shots tells me they lack focus...I see Steph Curry miss easy shots some nights...The shots they missed the first 3 qtrs are the shots they made in the 4rth when it counted most...So obviously they are good enough to make shots

If your opinion of this team was true, there is no way in hell they would be 18-1 vs the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation..Looking at the list of quality tournament teams they have beaten says all any rational objective fans need to know...

I've repeatedly said this team has plenty of talent to go far. My point is, you think USC is invincible and there is no way they can lose. Yes, they're doing great in terms of gutting out wins, but they are very beatable. You keep blaming close games on USC not playing well... but in reality, one of the reasons they didn't "play well" was because teams like Miss State are really good and they make other teams not play well. Any "rationale objective fan" can see that, but obviously you do not. You seem to think that beating a team today means you will beat them forever. Not the case (see Duke this year, see Syracuse last year).

Missed free throws is a lack of focus. Missing outside shots means they're just not all studs at shooting 3s. Their shooting percentages tell you what they are. They're going to have some good nights where a player hits 5 of 8, and other nights where the same player goes 0-for-8. Statistically, our outside shooters are not great, but they have potential to be very good on a given night.

This team can certainly run the table and win the SEC. That being said, it would not shock me if they lost a game either, even if they are favored vs. Tennessee, Kentucky and Texas A&M. It wouldn't shock me if Miss State beat USC at SEC Tournament for no other reason than they are a darn good team. I also think that UCONN is a much better team than USC. Doesn't mean I want USC to lose, I'm just being a "rationale objective fan." I love what the program has done, and have brought my kids to games since before Staley got here (used to get front row when nobody came and my kids danced with Cocky at halftime), and it's great that we have such high expectations now.

Jason please...:rolleyes: when have i ever posted USC is invincible? I just don't suffer from UCONN derangement syndrome like many of you seem to...Just because we don't run a beautiful open floor motion offense consistently doesn't mean we can't beat them...All we have to do is play our A game that night....Whether we will or not is anybodys guess...I think we all know the Huskies will play well..As i have posted before their nominal competitive level is the highest in all of basketball...They play to a very high standard and are the finest coached team in all of sports..

I've repeatedly said this team has plenty of talent to go far. My point is, you think USC is invincible and there is no way they can lose. Yes, they're doing great in terms of gutting out wins, but they are very beatable. You keep blaming close games on USC not playing well... but in reality, one of the reasons they didn't "play well" was because teams like Miss State are really good and they make other teams not play well. Any "rationale objective fan" can see that, but obviously you do not. You seem to think that beating a team today means you will beat them forever. Not the case (see Duke this year, see Syracuse last year).

Missed free throws is a lack of focus. Missing outside shots means they're just not all studs at shooting 3s. Their shooting percentages tell you what they are. They're going to have some good nights where a player hits 5 of 8, and other nights where the same player goes 0-for-8. Statistically, our outside shooters are not great, but they have potential to be very good on a given night.

This team can certainly run the table and win the SEC. That being said, it would not shock me if they lost a game either, even if they are favored vs. Tennessee, Kentucky and Texas A&M. It wouldn't shock me if Miss State beat USC at SEC Tournament for no other reason than they are a darn good team. I also think that UCONN is a much better team than USC. Doesn't mean I want USC to lose, I'm just being a "rationale objective fan." I love what the program has done, and have brought my kids to games since before Staley got here (used to get front row when nobody came and my kids danced with Cocky at halftime), and it's great that we have such high expectations now.

Don't think I've EVER heard anyone say that. The fact we've lost a game and played a couple pretty close proves otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason please...:rolleyes: when have i ever posted USC is invincible? I just don't suffer from UCONN derangement syndrome like many of you seem to...Just because we don't run a beautiful open floor motion offense consistently doesn't mean we can't beat them...All we have to do is play our A game that night....Whether we will or not is anybodys guess...I think we all know the Huskies will play well..As i have posted before their nominal competitive level is the highest in all of basketball...They play to a very high standard and are the finest coached team in all of sports..
I'm not sure I agree with this. In my opinion, if both teams bring their "A games", we lose - especially in Storrs. Not only do we need to play a great game, but UCONN will need to have an off night for us to win.

To me it all comes down to coaching. I just think Auriema is a better coach than Staley - or at least he has a more effective game strategy. UCONN has discipline, focus and gives 100% effort on every play. We don't do that. And that alone will be the difference in the game - again unless we are on fire and they are off.

Just my .02...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT