ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Gamecocks vs Gators now playing on ESPNU 12/31/20

The team played pretty rusty, but pulled out the win by nearly 20 pts. Boston and Cooke had to carry the team with career games. Boston should earn herself some "Player of the Week" mentions with her 28 pts, 16 rebs, 4 blocks and 3 steals. The team was 3-16 from behind the arc, and all 3 makes were by Boston alone!

The rest of the team, not so much. The other starters and main reserves struggled offensively, and the bench was outscored by Florida 15-6, which is unusual for Dawn Staley teams, especially this one. Hopefully it was just the rust of only playing 1 game since December 6th, and that one game being 2 weeks ago itself.

As for all these comments, I really wish they'd stop. No one kneels to protest US citizens fighting and dying in wars to defend and protect our rights. If anything, those who DO kneel, do it to DEFEND the flag and anthem, not disrespect them. It's their equivalent to what US citizens do, who join a federal military branch, don a military uniform, and go off to a foreign land to fight a war. Only, it's being done on sovereign ground by citizens. As our Constitution gives us the right to do.

And then, those same people who loudly complain about African-Americans kneeling, will proudly proclaim themselves conservatives, stand with a political party that supports voter oppression, racist division, free election overthrowing and even talk of secession from the Union - ALL acts of sedition, treason, and violations of the US Constitution.

NOT because someone with a bug up their ass wants to twist it into being those things, but because the US Constitution itself DECLARES those acts to be those things. Those are ALL acts that US Citizens ACTUALLY DID go off to war and fought and sacrificed their lives defending against. Those are all acts that ACTUALLY DO disrespect what the flag and anthem stand for.

But y'all go right on ahead and stand up for them. Call other people fighting for their rights "disrespectful". Used to be, the word of the day was "uppity".

Its called choice, they have the choice to sit, just as any person has the choice to not watch or follow them. It really isn't that hard to grasp. No tears, again, simply a choice that both parties make.

Just like it's also any person's choice to constantly post in South Carolina WBB threads about how much they refuse to follow, watch, or have anything to do with them, beyond constantly and incessantly making sure they tell everybody about it.

That constant and incessant reporting of how little they care about what they report about equates to adults crying tears and kicking and screaming on the floor in tantrums. It's interesting to watch. Generally, adults who don't care about something, don't even care to tell people.....

See eventually’s post above. #26. While there are many responses saying they are not going to watch, there are many replies that say, just shut up. You are racist if you don’t watch

I just pointed out the hippocracy of one protest being ok and the other not ok. If one protest is ok, all should be ok.

And for the record, I don’t believe I am required to prove anything to you. Happy new year

In other words, nobody told you you have to attend or watch the game or said you were a racist if you don't watch. You're just making up pure bs. Happy new year

The team played pretty rusty, but pulled out the win by nearly 20 pts. Boston and Cooke had to carry the team with career games. Boston should earn herself some "Player of the Week" mentions with her 28 pts, 16 rebs, 4 blocks and 3 steals. The team was 3-16 from behind the arc, and all 3 makes were by Boston alone!

The rest of the team, not so much. The other starters and main reserves struggled offensively, and the bench was outscored by Florida 15-6, which is unusual for Dawn Staley teams, especially this one. Hopefully it was just the rust of only playing 1 game since December 6th, and that one game being 2 weeks ago itself.

As for all these comments, I really wish they'd stop. No one kneels to protest US citizens fighting and dying in wars to defend and protect our rights. If anything, those who DO kneel, do it to DEFEND the flag and anthem, not disrespect them. It's their equivalent to what US citizens do, who join a federal military branch, don a military uniform, and go off to a foreign land to fight a war. Only, it's being done on sovereign ground by citizens. As our Constitution gives us the right to do.

And then, those same people who loudly complain about African-Americans kneeling, will proudly proclaim themselves conservatives, stand with a political party that supports voter oppression, racist division, free election overthrowing and even talk of secession from the Union - ALL acts of sedition, treason, and violations of the US Constitution.

NOT because someone with a bug up their ass wants to twist it into being those things, but because the US Constitution itself DECLARES those acts to be those things. Those are ALL acts that US Citizens ACTUALLY DID go off to war and fought and sacrificed their lives defending against. Those are all acts that ACTUALLY DO disrespect what the flag and anthem stand for.

But y'all go right on ahead and stand up for them. Call other people fighting for their rights "disrespectful". Used to be, the word of the day was "uppity".
Sorry you're wrong about sitting or kneeling during what is a anthem for the United States as a good thing. We are as one group Americans and we if think of each other as people of different colors and devises we are done as a nation. There are people paying billions of dollars to break and divide us and China is part of it. They have forced a narrative of identity politics, they we must be identified by ethnic groups.

Reactions: Goody101
See eventually’s post above. #26. While there are many responses saying they are not going to watch, there are many replies that say, just shut up. You are racist if you don’t watch
I guess one of us can’t count, because post #26 doesn’t say anything about race. In fact, your post is the first place in this thread where race even comes up. Funny...

I understand that you think you a victim here, but stop with the straw man argument. It’s lame

It’s “waste”.

Love how easy it is to identify the losers on here who never actually attended USC and are just here for the hot takes.
You do know there is such a thing called "speech to text" on these things called mobile phones which most are probably using to browse and post to this site. You assume alot based on a misspelling that you have no idea if it was intentional or merely speech recognition software, which isn't perfect by the way.

You do know there is such a thing called "speech to text" on these things called mobile phones which most are probably using to browse and post to this site. You assume alot based on a misspelling that you have no idea if it was intentional or merely speech recognition software, which isn't perfect by the way.

I mean, the least the guy could do is proofread lol. That’s also something you normally learn in college. As you mentioned, I do like to assume. So I just assumed he would proofread his post.

Tell me how to help. What laws do you want? Do something positive.
End qualified immunity. Weaken police unions.

The good police professionals whom I greatly admire should have nothing to worry about. But those “bad apples”, who I fear are more than just a few, will be on the hook when they screw up instead of just the taxpayers of the communities where they serve. Accountability.

End qualified immunity. Weaken police unions.

The good police professionals whom I greatly admire should have nothing to worry about. But those “bad apples”, who I fear are more than just a few, will be on the hook when they screw up instead of just the taxpayers of the communities where they serve. Accountability.

I agree.

Who controls the hiring, training, discipline, and accountability of the police? The mayor and city and county administrators. Ask yourself, where are the problems the worst? If you want a change, where do you think you should start?

Just like it's also any person's choice to constantly post in South Carolina WBB threads about how much they refuse to follow, watch, or have anything to do with them, beyond constantly and incessantly making sure they tell everybody about it.

That constant and incessant reporting of how little they care about what they report about equates to adults crying tears and kicking and screaming on the floor in tantrums. It's interesting to watch. Generally, adults who don't care about something, don't even care to tell people.....
That's your opinion, do we have freedom of speech? That means I don't abide by your rules, I will chime in on a topic I don't give two shits about, and women's basketball happens to be one of them. To me it's like watching paint dry, and yes I'm free to read and post to any topic on this board. Its funny how people assume that if you don't watch a particular sport or event, you shouldn't be commenting on it, or it equates to tantrums. Again that's your opinion, mine happens to be different. It doesn't make yours nor mine right or wrong, it's an opinion and you can continue to voice yours as will I.

I agree.

Who controls the hiring, training, discipline, and accountability of the police? The mayor and city and county administrators. Ask yourself, where are the problems the worst? If you want a change, where do you think you should start?
Qualified immunity is not a local decision. Where should we start? Retroactively changing US Supreme Court decisions which essentially invented this practice of immunizing public officials from most types of prosecution. It is not healthy for any community, urban or rural, to have law enforcement mostly shielded from accountability.

There will be plenty of fans ready to take the place of any of you who decide to withdraw your support (if you were even supporters to begin with). You can count on this with near 100% certainty.
Watch it grow. I still don't watch the NBA or NFL. There is a time and place for everything. When they take the court they should be concentrating on basketball. That's what they are getting paid for and well paid. I hope you don't think Dawn's team came to South Carolina because we are such an open minded State. In time we will all learn that all the "good" teams are paying players. Not the colleges themselves but the "bagmen". The NCAA doesn't want to "bust" this multi $$ million dollars empire. And they won't.

Sorry you're wrong about sitting or kneeling during what is a anthem for the United States as a good thing. We are as one group Americans and we if think of each other as people of different colors and devises we are done as a nation. There are people paying billions of dollars to break and divide us and China is part of it. They have forced a narrative of identity politics, they we must be identified by ethnic groups.

Well you're not the most educated as a person living in the South: I got some insightful wisdom for you - we've thought of each other in this state as people of different colors and devises since the 1600s, even before this state was a state. And as a people, we've never truly bothered all that much to change our stripes in that regard.

Justice isn't something that should be celebrated as a joyful event, although we do that often. Justice wouldn't even be something that needs to exist, unless FIRST someone was egregiously wronged. Perhaps killed. Justice rarely if ever completely fixes what it is needed for - the victims who were wronged generally remain wronged, their lives forever adversely altered. It's just a way for those responsible to be punished for the wrongs they committed.

So the act of ANY justice should be perceived with cold affirmation, not celebrity. So too then, are protests. Protests are never a "good thing", because they ALSO do not exist ever, unless someone or something was wronged, or perceived to have been wronged.

But the Founding Fathers gave each Citizen the responsibility for our rights, freedoms, and liberties. We own this nation, and decide and dictate its rules of law and government. The members of Congress, members of the Supreme Court, even the President are often referred to as our "leaders", but that's always wrong - it's most likely promoted and propagandered by those people who populate those branches in the first place. They are never our "leaders" - they are our REPRESENTATIVES. They work FOR us, at our pleasure. THEY would never have you believe that, however, but the Constitution makes it so.

WE THE PEOPLE are the true leaders. We are self-governed, self-ruled, self-owned as per the Constitution. ALL the laws of this land legislated into existence, are done so at OUR behest and approval.

And so too are our rights and responsibilities as free Citizens to rise up and protest should those rights, freedoms and liberties come under attack. Because they generally ARE under attack every single day of every year. No one else has the authority to watch over our rights and freedoms. Only we have that authority.

The Citizens who kneel in the presence of the flag and/or anthem are simply executing their rights and responsibility to call out those perceived violations against them every day. They DO NOT disrespect the flag, never have proclaimed to do so. ONLY the racist among us who do not wish to see them maintain and hold their rights, call out their actions as disrespectful. As disrespectful against Citizens who have served as soldiers in past wars and conflicts.

The ones who kneel have NEVER publicly stated that they do this against Citizens who have fought in wars. Only those who are offended by the kneeling have invented, fabricated, and pushed that narrative. Because they feel it serves their purpose better than to simply step up to the microphone and declare "we don't like blacks fighting for their rights as citizens because we're racist". So they use this tact instead. Direct the hate back at the protestors (victims) instead of onto themselves.

So no, protesting is never a "good thing", because it can only exist if there is something to protest about. But protesting for one's rights and freedoms IS a good thing, if we wish to remain as a free democracy of people. And it is also our responsibility as Citizens of this country. Just like going off to a foreign land and fighting, and even dying, for our loved ones' right to live free.

Last edited:
That's your opinion, do we have freedom of speech? That means I don't abide by your rules, I will chime in on a topic I don't give two shits about, and women's basketball happens to be one of them. To me it's like watching paint dry, and yes I'm free to read and post to any topic on this board. Its funny how people assume that if you don't watch a particular sport or event, you shouldn't be commenting on it, or it equates to tantrums. Again that's your opinion, mine happens to be different. It doesn't make yours nor mine right or wrong, it's an opinion and you can continue to voice yours as will I.

Thanks for the approval. I really appreciate that, and per your allowance, I will continue to express my opinion. Let me know when I should stop. Thanks again....

Thanks for the approval. I really appreciate that, and per your allowance, I will continue to express my opinion. Let me know when I should stop. Thanks again....
And you missed my entire point, why am I not surprised! There is no approval, only my OPINION that happens to be very different than yours. You can't PROVE your opinion just as I can't PROVE mine.

Well you're not the most educated as a person living in the South: I got some insightful wisdom for you - we've thought of each other in this state as people of different colors and devises since the 1600s, even before this state was a state. And as a people, we've never truly bothered all that much to change our stripes in that regard.

Justice isn't something that should be celebrated as a joyful event, although we do that often. Justice wouldn't even be something that needs to exist, unless FIRST someone was egregiously wronged. Perhaps killed. Justice rarely if ever completely fixes what it is needed for - the victims who were wronged generally remain wronged, their lives forever adversely altered. It's just a way for those responsible to be punished for the wrongs they committed.

So the act of ANY justice should be perceived with cold affirmation, not celebrity. So too then, are protests. Protests are never a "good thing", because they ALSO do not exist ever, unless someone or something was wronged, or perceived to have been wronged.

But the Founding Fathers gave each Citizen the responsibility for our rights, freedoms, and liberties. We own this nation, and decide and dictate its rules of law and government. The members of Congress, members of the Supreme Court, even the President are often referred to as our "leaders", but that's always wrong - it's most likely promoted and propagandered by those people who polulate those branches in the first place. They are never our "leaders" - they are our REPRESENTATIVES. They work FOR us, at our pleasure. THEY would never have you believe that, however, but the Constitution makes it so.

WE THE PEOPLE are the true leaders. We are self-governed, self-ruled, self-owned as per the Constitution. ALL the laws of this land legislated into existence, are done so at OUR behest and approval.

And so too is our rights and responsibilities as free Citizens to rise up and protest should our rights, freedoms and liberties are under attack. Because they generally ARE every single day of every year. No one else has the authority to watch over our rights and freedoms. Only we have that authority.

The Citizens who kneel in the presence of the flag and/or anthem are simply executing their rights and responsibility to call out those perceived violations against them every day. They DO NOT disrespect the flag, never have proclaimed to do so. ONLY the racist among us who do not wish to see them maintain and hold their rights, call out their actions as disrespectful. As disrespectful against Citizens who have served as soldiers in past wars and conflicts.

The ones who kneel have NEVER publicly stated that they do this against Citizens who have fought in wars. Only those who are offended by the kneeling have invented, fabricated, and pushed that narrative. Because they feel it serves their purpose better than to simply step up to the microphone and declare "we don't like blacks fighting for their rights as citizens because we're racist". So they use this tact instead. Direct the hate back at the protestors instead of onto themselves.

So no, protesting is never a "good thing", because it can only exist if there is something to protest about. But protesting for one's rights and freedoms IS a good thing, if we wish to remain as a free democracy of people. And it is also our responsibility as Citizens of this country. Just like going off to a foreign land and fighting, and even dying, for our loved ones' right to live free.
You seem to have a lot to say. Nobody's saying they don't have a right to protest, and we certainly have a right to call it disrespectful. We can agree on that. How either is racist, I don't know... But aside from our right to protest, sure, and our right to boycott, sure. What are they protesting??? I keep hearing I need to listen. Ok. I'm listening. What are they saying?

Qualified immunity is not a local decision. Where should we start? Retroactively changing US Supreme Court decisions which essentially invented this practice of immunizing public officials from most types of prosecution. It is not healthy for any community, urban or rural, to have law enforcement mostly shielded from accountability.

This is WAAAY off-topic, but it's always struck me as funny:

Lets say that we classify ALL people in this country to commit crime - who break the law, who violate written laws of the land - into their respective career categories. That means, of all the people who break the law, look at what they do for a living, and group those people into categories based on what they do for a living.

THEN rank those categories based on their careers, as to which category commits the most violations of law. What do we get?

Well, the far and away the #1 category of career for law-breakers HAS to be career criminals, right? The people who basically commit crime as a way of living - they go from one criminal act to another, year after year. They may get caught, arrested, sent off to jail. When their time is up and they are released, they more often just go right back to breaking the law. It's the only thing they know.

So that's the #1 category on the list. But who comes after them?

It's Law Enforcement, and it's actually pretty easy to rank, too. Police officers, sheriffs, constables, marshals, commissioners, federal agents, detectives, prosecutors, judges, ect. Since the dawn of this nation, there are tons and tons of records, reports, court cases, prison terms and executions of law enforcement members breaking the law. We've written countless novels, made movies, sung songs about law-breaking cops.

OK, that's #2. Who comes after them? Does it get harder to tell?

Nope. It's also easy. It's politicians. The legislators of law.

So the TOP THREE career categories of historical law breakers in our country are the actual career criminals, who actually break the law for a living, the cops who are supposed to defend the law and apprehend the law breakers, and then the politicians, who create the laws.

It's almost like some sort of self-appropriating industry that goes on and on and on. Without the existence of career criminals, there wouldn't BE any need for laws, which would erase the need for the existence of law enforcement, and for law-legislating politicians....

That just always struck me as funny.....

This is WAAAY off-topic, but it's always struck me as funny:

Lets say that we classify ALL people in this country to commit crime - who break the law, who violate written laws of the land - into their respective career categories. That means, of all the people who break the law, look at what they do for a living, and group those people into categories based on what they do for a living.

THEN rank those categories based on their careers, as to which category commits the most violations of law. What do we get?

Well, the far and away the #1 category of career for law-breakers HAS to be career criminals, right? The people who basically commit crime as a way of living - they go from one criminal act to another, year after year. They may get caught, arrested, sent off to jail. When their time is up and they are released, they more often just go right back to breaking the law. It's the only thing they know.

So that's the #1 category on the list. But who comes after them?

It's Law Enforcement, and it's actually pretty easy to rank, too. Police officers, sheriffs, constables, marshals, commissioners, federal agents, detectives, prosecutors, judges, ect. Since the dawn of this nation, there are tons and tons of records, reports, court cases, prison terms and executions of law enforcement members breaking the law. We've written countless novels, made movies, sung songs about law-breaking cops.

OK, that's #2. Who comes after them? Does it get harder to tell?

Nope. It's also easy. It's politicians. The legislators of law.

So the TOP THREE career categories of historical law breakers in our country are the actual career criminals, who actually break the law for a living, the cops who are supposed to defend the law and apprehend the law breakers, and then the politicians, who create the laws.

It's almost like some sort of self-appropriating industry that goes on and on and on. Without the existence of career criminals, there wouldn't BE any need for laws, which would erase the need for the existence of law enforcement, and for law-legislating politicians....

That just always struck me as funny.....

Where are you getting your statistics?

You seem to have a lot to say. Nobody's saying they don't have a right to protest, and we certainly have a right to call it disrespectful. We can agree on that. How either is racist, I don't know... But aside from our right to protest, sure, and our right to boycott, sure. What are they protesting??? I keep hearing I need to listen. Ok. I'm listening. What are they saying?

Reactions: Gamekem
And you missed my entire point, why am I not surprised! There is no approval, only my OPINION that happens to be very different than yours. You can't PROVE your opinion just as I can't PROVE mine.

No, you seem to miss the point. You tell me all this, but it was YOU that debated the opinion of someone else who said that others complaining non-stop about things they declare as to not caring about, equates to crying. It was their opinion, but you still challenged them on it.

Then when I gave my opinion reinforcing the first poster's position, you challenged my own opinion, and then lectured to me about how people have opinions that will differ. But just like how I said that most adults that truly do not care about something generally do not respond on it, most adults that understand that people have differing opinions do not challenge them on their opinions, because OF COURSE they will be different. It's like challenging someone for having different color hair or eyes than you do. What's the point?

I have my own opinion and its supposed to differ from yours, OK? So then why ask me about freedom of speech? Don't I ALSO have that freedom of speech?? And IF THAT VERY SAME freedom of speech allows me to have and voice my own opinion, then why even bother with the response challenging it in the first place??

You say "Its funny how people assume that if you don't watch a particular sport or event, you shouldn't be commenting on it, or it equates to tantrums", but isn't that "assumption" that person's OPINION?? So what is funny about it?? YOU just defended people having differing opinions, so why is it funny?

No, you seem to miss the point. You tell me all this, but it was YOU that debated the opinion of someone else who said that others complaining non-stop about things they declare as to not caring about, equates to crying. It was their opinion, but you still challenged them on it.

Then when I gave my opinion reinforcing the first poster's position, you challenged my own opinion, and then lectured to me about how people have opinions that will differ. But just like how I said that most adults that truly do not care about something generally do not respond on it, most adults that understand that people have differing opinions do not challenge them on their opinions, because OF COURSE they will be different. It's like challenging someone for having different color hair or eyes than you do. What's the point?

I have my own opinion and its supposed to differ from yours, OK? So then why ask me about freedom of speech? Don't I ALSO have that freedom of speech?? And IF THAT VERY SAME freedom of speech allows me to have and voice my own opinion, then why even bother with the response challenging it in the first place??

You say "Its funny how people assume that if you don't watch a particular sport or event, you shouldn't be commenting on it, or it equates to tantrums", but isn't that "assumption" that person's OPINION?? So what is funny about it?? YOU just defended people having differing opinions, so why is it funny?
Well it's very simple, you basically offered up your opinion that anyone posting negatively in a topic they had no interest in equates to adult tears or tantrums. I gave you a counter opinion, it really isn't complicated to grasp. We aren't figuring out a difficult algorithm, we're posting our opinions! I happen to think people can comment on anything whether they care about it or not, and it doesn't signify them throwing a tantrum. You obviously feel different.

Reactions: king ward
I could ask many of the people here the same question. Did you miss what a cesspool this site was when the girls sat during the first game? My point is everyone is overreacting to a decision that has zero impact on their lives. Don't like it? Fine, shut up and move on. But instead on every thread about the women's team there's however many of y'all making jokes about sitting out. I promise they do not care. Please, PLEASE move on with your lives.
Personally, I just find it sad that by sitting and causing controversy over the Anthem, many of the good things they in the community, isn't being acknowledged. Creating too much focus on the wrong thing (the act, not the purpose). The community work says much more in my book, sitting just distracts from it.....jmo

Sure. Their words say unity, but their actions say division. What do they want?
How are their actions being divisive? Is it because you and others don't like what they are doing and consider it to be disrespectful? Their rights are equal to yours and they are not required to conform to your idea of proper anthem etiquette.

How are their actions being divisive? Is it because you and others don't like what they are doing and consider it to be disrespectful? Their rights are equal to yours and they are not required to conform to your idea of proper anthem etiquette.
That's exactly what divisive means. They are asking for attention. Not all the attention is good. That is divisive.

Reactions: vacock#
That's exactly what divisive means. They are asking for attention. Not all the attention is good. That is divisive.

Are we on this topic again?
We should copy and paste the last "discussion" we had on this. I am really not sure why we continue to go down this road with people that obviously dont get it and never will.
I for one am done with DS and WBB. They can sit or kneel or hide in the locker room or whatever and i can not support and call them out on it all i want....even on a message board.
They dont need my approval to "protest" and i certainly dont need theirs or any posters on heres approval to say what i think.
Oh and by the way, i see where evidently no answer has still be provided to the question of what specifically would remedy this situation and end the protest. Gotta love the term "bring awareness." Ok... awareness has been brought... now what? They have no answer.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT