ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Gamecocks vs Gators now playing on ESPNU 12/31/20

Forgot about the game today, but glad to see that they are okay and getting back going. It’s a shame that I had to read through two pages of political rantings just to get a game result. Look, most of the people on here know where we all stand on this anthem thing. It’s only been going on five years? It would be nice that a Gamecock sport thread focus on the sport and the score. I doubt the people complaining are going to the games anymore so you don’t have to see it.

Those saying it's disrespectful need to educate yourself on why they are doing it. Has ZERO to do with disrespecting the flag. Keep talking shit and maybe you can run her off. That would be real smart. How about agree to disagree if that's how you feel and still support the team.

Those saying it's disrespectful need to educate yourself on why they are doing it. Has ZERO to do with disrespecting the flag. Keep talking shit and maybe you can run her off. That would be real smart. How about agree to disagree if that's how you feel and still support the team.
It may be an unintended consequence. That’s why it’s disrespect. Because they are using the flag and anthem haphazardly. Maybe you can help me understand. What do they want?

How about agree to disagree and not support the team?
When someone whether intentional or not intentional implies that white peoole are the problem and I am white then is it not surprising that i would say screw you then?
And again... if there was some specifics around the protest "demands" then maybe just maybe there could be a resolution.
Ive always heard that you should never point out a problem unless you at least had some idea of a solution.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
How do you know they have alienated half the fans? Do you have info to support that assertion? Why do you assume they hate the country just because they choose to protest during the playing of the anthem? Your right to sit out anytime you wish just as it is the player's right to protest.

Well, they surely alienated me.

I was just hoping that the Lady Gamecocks, now that they have made their political point, would not make a spectacle every game disrespecting the national anthem of their country. We all know where they stand, and everyone has the right to their opinion.

If they disrespect the country at the start of every game, I won't remain their fan. And, I live in a (still) free country, so I will respectfully express my opinion.

They’ve tainted themselves in the eyes of some fans, for certain. I used to be really engaged with the team, but since they started this business, they aren’t as important to me. I’ll still pull for them, but it isn’t the same. Just speaking for me personally.

So they should subjugate their beliefs to those who disagree in order to not be divisive?
That's exactly what the left expects everyone else to do. But, what's worse is that the left, in my experience, tends to be comfortable telling the world what the other side believes. Vote republican? You are a racist, regardless of what you actually think. Vote republican? You are a hate-monger regardless of what you actually do. Vote republican? You are trying to strip the rights away from various minorities, regardless of what you actually believe.
The fact is, we've seen this rhetoric played out many times before. Its easier to justify ridiculous actions when you paint the other side as devils.

Oh ok gotcha. But I doubt there will ever be a packed house again. I’m afraid Those days are gone forever.
Maybe because of COVID-19, but not because of the product they provide. If you owned season tickets, you might not re-up, but there is plenty of demand to see our best sports program.

How about agree to disagree and not support the team?
When someone whether intentional or not intentional implies that white peoole are the problem and I am white then is it not surprising that i would say screw you then?
And again... if there was some specifics around the protest "demands" then maybe just maybe there could be a resolution.
Ive always heard that you should never point out a problem unless you at least had some idea of a solution.
The protest is about police brutality and racial profiling of African Americans. I don't know anyone who understands the reason for the protest thinks it has anything to do with white people. Just not what you are making it out to be.

When you disrespect the flag and the country, you disrespect me.

Dawn and her players represent The University of South Carolina. This protest is embarrassing. Dawn keeps cashing those checks though.

Reactions: aceman39 and 92Pony
The protest is about police brutality and racial profiling of African Americans. I don't know anyone who understands the reason for the protest thinks it has anything to do with white people. Just not what you are making it out to be.
We should be protesting violent criminals and the pain they inflict on thousands of hard working Americans every day. This must be stopped at all costs. Take your racism scam and go home. Nobody’s buying this tired old smokescreen criminals are hiding behind anymore. That ship has sailed.

This thread is childish and embarrassing. So, is every game thread for this team going to be ruined with all this garbage? I’ll step up and apologize to the OP for trying to be positive through a sea of negativity. Gamecocks won for a change and here’s to hoping for a National Championship run in something.

Last edited:
How can we end this? After all, it is a basketball game, not a political rally! If the LG players stand to respect the flag and their country, they are saying "uncle", and competitors aren't going to do that. No need to beat a dead horse. Just return to the locker room until after the anthem is played, and come out with a vengeance! Remove your personal politics from the start of every game.

Do this, please Dawn. We love you and we appreciate all you have done. Some of us are veterans who love our country, too. I bet you have family members who have served in the military and know where I am coming from.

Reactions: Goody101 and 92Pony
I could ask many of the people here the same question. Did you miss what a cesspool this site was when the girls sat during the first game? My point is everyone is overreacting to a decision that has zero impact on their lives. Don't like it? Fine, shut up and move on. But instead on every thread about the women's team there's however many of y'all making jokes about sitting out. I promise they do not care. Please, PLEASE move on with your lives.
BINGO!!!!!!!

Reactions: briceisbest

Right.. sure it is.

Mmmmm love the tears of all these fans who are so hurt by the girls decisions to sit. If only they'd asked all of you your opinions before they decided to do it lol.
Exactly! If they asked those of us who it actually represents something to, you know those who have/do serve, most of us agree that’s one of the reasons that we serve, for people to choose what they want to say or do

Post replying to: Evantually:

So, we should be meek, maintain a s#$%^ eating grin, shut up and not say a word while they flip us the bird? Is that what you would like for us to do if they "protest" our country every game? Sorry bro, it is not happening.

I have already posted a way to stop this madness, which is divisive and leads to discussions that tend to overshadow the WBB sport. We can either stop this madness, find a middle ground or continue to tear ourselves apart. But this politicization of WBB will not be ignored. And we are not going to shut up and move on just to humor you.

Reactions: Cybercock
Post replying to: Evantually:

So, we should be meek, maintain a s#$%^ eating grin, shut up and not say a word while they flip us the bird? Is that what you would like for us to do if they "protest" our country every game? Sorry bro, it is not happening.

I have already posted a way to stop this madness, which is divisive and leads to discussions that tend to overshadow the WBB sport. We can either stop this madness, find a middle ground or continue to tear ourselves apart. But this politicization of WBB will not be ignored. And we are not going to shut up and move on just to humor you.
I actually think grown-ups need to shut-up about this as it has been going on for five years and all minds have been made up whether negative or positive. The only other solutions are to take the anthem out of sports altogether or have teams not come out. There is too much peer pressure on either side for backing down now. The best thing to do is to just remove the issue at least for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: ansoncock
I actually think grown-ups need to shut-up about this as it has been going on for five years and all minds have been made up whether negative or positive. The only other solutions are to take the anthem out of sports altogether or have teams not come out. There is too much peer pressure on either side for backing down now. The best thing to do is to just remove the issue at least for awhile.

BS.

Country over sports. I love Carolina but they fall behind our country on my priority list. I'll not sacrifice my beliefs in order to win some ballgames.

Then they should employ a different form to voice their beliefs, one that won't be "misinterpreted." Get out in public and articulate your position with facts; be prepared to defend your position. Intentionally just offending people is both lazy and dumb.

That's the same thing as booing from the stands and claiming you're booing the coaches not the players.

Anti American, fire her ass
The people constantly complaining about anthem protests are the same people that claim that the MSM does not treat them fairly. So, if that is true and this protest continues, guess who is going to coming out looking badly in this. Our athletic programs are already in the dumpster for the most part. We don’t recruit well in either of the major sports of football or men’s basketball. You think we are going to change that by getting into a public feud with our only successful program and coach? Like I tell fans of other programs that give me grief about the Gamecocks, I don’t think we want to win. This protest will pass. Our reputation on how we handle it will linger.

Last edited:
Anyway....

both teams started slow - guess Xmas break slum.

Nice to see Boston getting her groove back. The coaching staff has hammered defense in Beal's head so much the kid is scared to hit the shot on offense. I guess Henderson is trying to lead her team from the PG stand pint - but she needs to start getting shots to.

Would've rather seen Ole Miss vs US. I was eager to see Shakira Austin and their #15 pick on the floor. Hope it still happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT