ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin

Cockytalk84

Dec 5, 2021
Say what you want about him, but the man knows how to build a program quickly. Carolina really screwed up not hiring him when they had a chance. Typical Ray Tanner…..has never made 1 good decision as athletic director.

I've heard from a reliable poster that Kiffin will be nothing once Corral leaves.

/s

Say what you want about him, but the man knows how to build a program quickly. Carolina really screwed up not hiring him when they had a chance. Typical Ray Tanner…..has never made 1 good decision as athletic director.

Kiffin would never come here. He's the douchebag that told Alshon that players that come to South Carolina end up pumping gas. He would definitely wait for something he thought was better.

LOL. Destroyed by unranked LSU and their yankee coach with a fake southern accent.

Only reason they were 7-0 is their schedule. Will probably be fired at some random airport in a few years.

Have to agree with you here. 7-1, ranked probably still in the top 15? Garbage. Just wait till Corral leaves, too. He'll be toast.

Ok but the question is, and you can only pick one of the two. Kiffin or Satterfield calling plays as the OC at South Carolina??

Ok but the question is, and you can only pick one of the two. Kiffin or Satterfield calling plays as the OC at South Carolina??

Satterfield is a genius. There is no better at play calling, because Shane hired him. /s

In case you wanted a serious answer, I don't believe a sane person would hesitate an instant in picking between the two. Kiffin can run offenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony
Satterfield is a genius. There is no better at play calling, because Shane hired him. /s

In case you wanted a serious answer, I don't believe a sane person would hesitate an instant in picking between the two. Kiffin can run offenses.
HA! Just wanted to hear someone say it:)

Reactions: Lurker123
HA! Just wanted to hear someone say it:)

I know, all the jokes aside, you have to remember that some people are serious in wanting Satterfield more.

To be honest though, they only say that because he's the current coordinator. When he's let go, probably at the end of this year, those same people will get whiplash turning on him and blaming him for every woe the next guy faces.

After 3 seasons @Miss St, Leach is 16-16. Beamer is 12-8.

Shiny object syndrome.
When I brought up Leach earlier, to be clear, in no way was I saying we should replace Beamer with Leach. Beamer may turn out to be great here, idk. What I was saying was he would have been a good hire at the time. His offense has an identity and has been tested prior to being at MSU. He knows what he wants to do. He seems to be a teacher first both toward his players and coaches. And he's an interesting guy to say the least. That said, my point was I would have taken him over Kiffin if given the chance.
I hope he does well. He has a chance to finish 3rd in the west which is no easy task. But he has a tough schedule going forward playing Auburn, UGA and Kiffin. I'll be pulling for him in every one of those games.

Last edited:
Well, he does coach in the toughest division in college football. Im happy with Beamer, but wouldn't have minded Leach. He will do Miss St right.
Yeah he's done well at places that dont have a lot of history of success. He's not afraid to take a job where many may say it cant be done.

Reactions: cocks rule
Kiffin stinks, but I think he coaches in the toughest division of college football too. But that doesn't change that he's cycling out.

I've heard from a reliable poster that Kiffin will be nothing once Corral leaves.
Corral was selected by Charlotte in the third round (94th overall) of the 2022 Draft.

The rookie quarterback was placed on injured reserve in August, officially ending his season.

Reliable poster? Good luck!

Go Cocks!

Really believe Leach would’ve been the perfect hire. Reminds me a little of Ole joe
Leach has a quirky offense, hard to prepare for and very dependent on timing. If the timing is on, he beats teams that he shouldn't, but if it is a bit off, he loses to teams that he shouldn't. Hire Leach if you want to never consistently win, but to have the occasional big upset.

Leach has a quirky offense, hard to prepare for and very dependent on timing. If the timing is on, he beats teams that he shouldn't, but if it is a bit off, he loses to teams that he shouldn't. Hire Leach if you want to never consistently win, but to have the occasional big upset.
You give most teams a lot of preparation headaches; you usually win more than you lose; championships are off the table. By the way, y'all boys disappointed me yesterday.

Corral was selected by Charlotte in the third round (94th overall) of the 2022 Draft.

The rookie quarterback was placed on injured reserve in August, officially ending his season.

Reliable poster? Good luck!

Go Cocks!

Yeah, that "/s" at the end was to denote the sarcasm font. I could have been more clear.

If you have a lot of baggage like Kiffin (he can’t keep his mouth shut - aggravates even his own people) you’d better win.

Doesn’t lane have a waste water plant named after him in Knoxville. Didn’t he get left off the team plane on a away game. Lol. Lane is only popular when winning. When he’s not winning the wheels fall off fast. He has no integrity - imho. I don’t think our fan base would support him on or off the field.

Doesn’t lane have a waste water plant named after him in Knoxville. Didn’t he get left off the team plane on a away game. Lol. Lane is only popular when winning. When he’s not winning the wheels fall off fast. He has no integrity - imho. I don’t think our fan base would support him on or off the field.

I think the fans would love him as long as the wins came in.

I agree he's only popular when he's winning, but I think that goes for a lot of coaches.

After 3 seasons @Miss St, Leach is 16-16. Beamer is 12-8.

Shiny object syndrome.
Now now now….stop using facts. It reminds me of numerous threads about hiring Mark Stoops. Heck no. Leach is a shiny penny that dims with time. Stoops was 59-53 starting this year. Wow…give me some of that.

Ky, Bama, LSU have held Leach’s high powered air raid to 17 pts or less this year.

Now now now….stop using facts. It reminds me of numerous threads about hiring Mark Stoops. Heck no. Leach is a shiny penny that dims with time. Stoops was 59-53 starting this year. Wow…give me some of that.

Ky, Bama, LSU have held Leach’s high powered air raid to 17 pts or less this year.
We'll see if they can turn it around. MSU's offensive weakness is their line. The center is the only lineman that played at his position last year. I would guess that would be a bit problematic for something called the air raid offense. It will be interesting to see if they can gel in the latter part of the season.
And as it turns out, Leach seems to be quite the disciplinarian. It would help if his guys will quit breaking team rules. I think he had 5 guys suspended for the LSU game with one being an o-line guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: tngamecock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT