ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Jamyest

I admire Boom for going into UGA's backyard for this player, but he had to know if UGA turned up the heat it could get ugly for Carolina. Hopefully he's been working multiple back up plans. They've dumped a ton of time and energy into this kid and it seems unlikely to payoff at this point.

Doesn't seem like we will gain any ground on who we compete against on a weekly basis based on this class. Clemson will be a top ten class, Uga will be top 5, uf and TN will be top 10/15. Hopefully everyone will get into school.

I would expect this to be the case. We do have a chance, and i think if the knew for sure he would cancel his OV. We have this weekend to make a difference. If Boom pulls this off it will bode very well for the future. IF he can sell a team that has won 9 games in two years, a loss to the citadel and with no football operations center for at least two years, imagine what he can do with a 8-9 win season this year.

Last edited:
The draw of playing with teammates and friends is hard to deny. Champ has his work cut out for him this weekend. This one's going down to the wire.

This weekend visit reminds me of a Mad Men episode. When they had to go through with the pitch even though they knew they weren't getting the account. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

Yall still have a shot...he is 50/50 I think.

But Kirby has changed the game for in state recruits in GA...what we needed to do all along.

Much like Texas, UGA's issue will always be talent evaluation, player development and coaching.

While they might lose out on an in state player they want here or there, they pretty much get everyone they make a priority. Williams is a good example of their challenge. They evaluated him and initially decided to prioritize others and slow-play him. That this is even 50-50 is a result of UGA not being 100 percent sure they even wanted Williams until last month.

Reactions: Big"T"Dawg
Doesn't seem like we will gain any ground on who we compete against on a weekly basis based on this class. Clemson will be a top ten class, Uga will be top 5, uf and TN will be top 10/15. Hopefully everyone will get into school.

As much as I share your pessimism, I do have to correct you on one point. Florida currently sits at #35 in the Rivals rankings. Poised for their worst recruiting class since the rankings began. Hearing some rumors that things could get very nasty down there soon (serious violations).

Reactions: Big"T"Dawg
I would expect this to be the case. We do have a chance, and i think if the knew for sure he would cancel his OV. We have this weekend to make a difference. If Boom pulls this off it will bode very well for the future. IF he can sell a team that has won 9 games in two years, a loss to the citadel and with no football operations center for at least two years, imagine what he can do with a 8-9 win season this year.

I'm curious as to what more he can sell. Afterall, Jamyest has already given a verbal and i feel this is the type of player you go 100% at from the beginning. What can he sell him on this weekend that he hasn't already heard from Muschamp before?

Changed game how? Just curious. I thought UGA always dominated in-state?

Not really a lot of our kids went to Auburn, Bama, FSU etc. We get some but sometimes not the best.

This will be the best class UGA has had in YEARS...Richt never recruited like this.
I dont expect us to get everyone in GA...but we should be able to get the best.

Reactions: viennacocks
So what explains your putrid offense and Nick Eason regressing into a D2 talent?

Yall have had multiple top 10 recruiting classes and still look like garbage.... I fsil to see any real development.

It's Kirbys first year with the lines of scrimmage depleted and few skill players. You can't judge him on that one year. Can't judge anyone from just one year.

2nd best class this year in recruiting ..things are looking up. Let's see how well he develops that talent.

Reactions: leftycock
Not really a lot of our kids went to Auburn, Bama, FSU etc. We get some but sometimes not the best.

This will be the best class UGA has had in YEARS...Richt never recruited like this.
UGA should be doing better given all the talent in state. There is more talent in metro Atlanta than in all of SC and maybe even Alabama.

But who's winning the titles? Everyone on their borders (except us sadly). Even lowly GA Tech got half of one since their last one. I can't blame their fans for wanting more than Richt delivered.

FWIW I feel that JW will be a Gamecock. I think the draw of him being "the man" will be too much for us to overcome. It sucks because I think he's a player and would love to watch y'all meltdown haha. But I think he sticks. Have a good weekend, Gamecocks.

Reactions: brianlafe
It's Kirbys first year with the lines of scrimmage depleted and few skill players. You can't judge him on that one year. Can't judge anyone from just one year.

2nd best class this year in recruiting ..things are looking up. Let's see how well he develops that talent.

Status quo from UGA. I'll believe yall aren't the biggest waste of talent when I see it.

Clemson will not be a top 10 class. With only 14 recruits, I just hope we stay in the top 20. Now we are bringing in some HUGE players, just not the numbers needed for a top 10 run.

Clemson will not be a top 10 class. With only 14 recruits, I just hope we stay in the top 20. Now we are bringing in some HUGE players, just not the numbers needed for a top 10 run.

Why is Clemson bringing in so few players? My friend and I noticed this recently

Yeah, right after Clemson gets the guys they want.

While Dabo does have 4 Georgia recruits committed.....only one of them breaks the state's Top 20.... AJ Terrell. Kirby currently has 11 of the Top 20 with the possibility of adding 3-4 more. Even Richt couldn't do that.

Ha! Uga has NEVER done anything with top classes. You gave up a better coach than you have now. You have one national championship 100 years ago and no SEC title in forever. Should be called Georgiaing instead of clemsoning.

Reactions: POLODAWG
While Dabo does have 4 Georgia recruits committed.....only one of them breaks the state's Top 20.... AJ Terrell. Kirby currently has 11 of the Top 20 with the possibility of adding 3-4 more. Even Richt couldn't do that.

Dabo? Ha you leg humpers could not even carry his bags.

Status quo from UGA. I'll believe yall aren't the biggest waste of talent when I see it.

Why do people refuse to consider our 2013 class which turned out to be a disaster? We paid for the lack of leadership as well as the loss of talent this past year.

This class was ranked 10th at the time of signing, and it turned out to be a disaster. Of the 33 signees, only two were bona fide, multi-year starters (Kublanow and Floyd), and 16 players transferred, left the team or didn't suit up for the Bulldogs. Several others who are on the team haven't panned out. About 11 players have contributed a respectable amount, but Georgia's depth issues are evident because of this class

Why is Clemson bringing in so few players? My friend and I noticed this recently

Good question. There are a couple of things that lead to this. The 1st thing is that Dabo has a tendency to offer a kid (or sometimes two) that really isn’t Division 1 material. That takes up schollys. Combined with this is something that Dabo and Staff do that’s VERY different that most teams.

If Dabo and company evaluate a recruit, offer him, and he signs the LOI, he’s on the team (obviously). However, IF that recruit is doing everything he is supposed to do and he does not develop as planned (he is a bust), Dabo considers that the fault of the staff NOT the player. He and the staff will make no effort to run that player off or otherwise “process” the player. When he said this in 2011 or so, I didn’t believe him. It’s true though. Now don’t get me wrong, IF a player isn’t happy or wants more playing time, and isn’t contributing, the staff and Dabo are happy to see him go. BUT, they won’t run a player off or medically process him.

I’d guess that somewhere between 20 and 25 players fit this bill on the team at any time (it’s hard to get a solid number as you really shouldn’t call a player a bust in the 1st couple of years.) When you divide that over a four year cycle, you are looking at 5 or 6 guys less.

Reactions: jon#
Been telling y'all for two weeks he is going to Georgia. Its done deal (at least the Georgia coaches consider it a done deal).

Like Trevor Lawrence?

Ha! Uga has NEVER done anything with top classes. You gave up a better coach than you have now. You have one national championship 100 years ago and no SEC title in forever. Should be called Georgiaing instead of clemsoning.
How do you know he's not as good? Exact same record in first year and I can assure you, the team Richt inherited was far more talented than the the team Kirby inherited. Y'all really hate Kirby don't y'all?

How do you know he's not as good? Exact same record in first year and I can assure you, the team Richt inherited was far more talented than the the team Kirby inherited. Y'all really hate Kirby don't y'all?

Hate him? Ha - You are the one that is going to end up hating him. Ray Goof all over again. Talent has never been your problem son. Its lack of evaluation and coach that has killed your program. He will continue that trend.

Also, as much as we hate Clemson, you have had better classes than them the last six years of their run. Honestly getting on Clemson for Clemsoning is a joke compared to Georgia. You now have that honor.

Y'all.

Hate him? Ha - You are the one that is going to end up hating him. Ray Goof all over again. Talent has never been your problem son. Its lack of evaluation and coach that has killed your program. He will continue that trend.

Also, as much as we hate Clemson, you have had better classes than them the last six years of their run. Honestly getting on Clemson for Clemsoning is a joke compared to Georgia. You now have that honor.

Y'all.
Sounds like you've got it all figured out. So what's USCs problem son?

Y'all.

How do you think he is going to be as bad as maybe some of our fans thinks he is going to be good?

No one really knows. One thing..lack of talent will not be an excuse.

Sounds like we wont know until signing day. Even if the visit goes well and he con
How do you think he is going to be as bad as maybe some of our fans thinks he is going to be good?

To be honest it's not fair to judge either one at this point. Although Muschamp has been a Head Coach elsewhere and it didnt work out so there is little more to go on but every situation is different. Both coaches inherited what the other coach had. I will say that Kirby inherited a MUCH better situation than Muschamp did.

When has it ever been???

Your problem wasn't talent and wasn't Kirby. Chaney is going to be Kirby's downfall. Chaney hasn't had a successful offense since he left Purdue under Tiller and abandoned the Tiller "spread" offense ("basketball on grass") for the "pro-style" offense and has had plenty of time to prove he can coach it. Your talent last year fit the spread better (especially the OL) and he refused to run it. Can't believe the guy is still getting a job.

Your problem wasn't talent and wasn't Kirby. Chaney is going to be Kirby's downfall. Chaney hasn't had a successful offense since he left Purdue under Tiller and abandoned the Tiller "spread" offense ("basketball on grass") for the "pro-style" offense and has had plenty of time to prove he can coach it. Your talent last year fit the spread better (especially the OL) and he refused to run it. Can't believe the guy is still getting a job.

That I agree with...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT