ADVERTISEMENT

Leaving Bank of America Stadium Saturday

ardencock

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2003
and listening to 35 minutes of griping , bitching and hysterics I came to the realization that a large group of our fans may have the maturity of middle schoolers. Like many my age, we have sunk six figures in donations and tickets into Gamecock athletics over the past 40 years out of love for the university and the young people who represent us on sports teams. It is really disappointing to hear a bunch of liquored up fools booing our team (and if they aren't boozing up and booing that is even more embarrassing). Believe me, I had three or four stiff ones before entering the game but never felt compelled to show my ass like I have witnessed over past years since A1 was our quarterback and on and on. The saddest thing is listening to the fools who have never played a down of football critique play after play. Granted, Saturday was a poor showing for a arrogant bunch who thought we were just going to show up and hand North Carolina their asses in.a drubbing. Unfortunately that was not the case. You folks think because you throw money at something it befits you to trash the young young and coaches any time you desire like we have been a stalwart with a long standing tradition Folks, Sparky Woods was totally correct when he noted we tend to look down at programs like Duke and East Carolina when traditionally we are much like them. Once our fans quit trying to fire coaches (football, basketball, baseball every 3 to 4 years) we might be able to hear.tgem screaming SEC - SEC and standing on our own merits. For those trashing the team and coaches ...stay the hell away. Those if us travelling 150 miles to enjoy a game don't need to listen to your incessant bitching and moaning...and by the way, booing our team is embarrassing enough but for goodness sake exhibit the small amount of class some of you have and don't boo our opponents marching band! That is true chicken scratch!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News