ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s give Champ some credit

watty81

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2013
I get half, might be an understatement, of this board is ready to move on but he has done some work lately.

Honestly I expected Champ to make decent hires to replace the vacancies but thought they wouldn’t be as good as what we were losing.

Rocker replacing Scott is at minimum a wash but likely upgrade. This is a great thing.

I thought Lindsay was going to be a huge blow and Champ turns around and immediately replaces him with Hughes. Again wash at minimum but likely upgrade.

RB position. Gonna be tough to replace Brown as he was a nails recruiter and could go national. Champ comes in and within a day we have 3 candidates that would all be great hires. Duce, Robinson, and Kitchings. I would be happy with all three but they are listed in my preference order. Duce because well which true Gamecock wouldn’t want him as our RB coach. Looks like it’ll be Robinson and that would be a homerun hire.

Champ has taken some haymakers lately with the Burch delay and unnecessary responses and then losing potentially 4 staff members but has answered the Bell like few could.

If y’all feel he deserves the heat when things are going off the rails y’all need to give him some props now.

I get everything has to translate to wins on the field but Champ has represented our university very well through these troubling times and is continuing to work hard to make us better. You don’t have to get back on board but at least give the man his due.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News