ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Do Something Extraordinary!!

BedouinCock

Jan 4, 2008
What would it mean to our team and our coaches if the student body and the fans went to the practice field in a strong show of support and encouragement for our football team? That could do extraordinary things for all of them. Certainly the team and the coaches are disappointed but this is a time when they need us the most. They do not need quitters, bad mouthing, fault finding and that kind of stuff. The meaning of our mascot fights to the death; it does not give up. Many of us are giving up. Let's show the nation our true fabric and metal. The "mob mentality" cannot win now. No way; it is not the Gamecock way of doing things. If so, we need to change our mascot to something runs and hides when difficulty comes. Do any of you remember Oliver Twittledee??? I did not think so because he gave up. Our team or coaches will not give up either. Who do you want in a fox hole with you? A quitter or a fighter?

Terrible idea. Pity party for the horrible football team? You think that will get to feel better? Play better.

What would it mean to our team and our coaches if the student body and the fans went to the practice field in a strong show of support and encouragement for our football team? That could do extraordinary things for all of them. Certainly the team and the coaches are disappointed but this is a time when they need us the most. They do not need quitters, bad mouthing, fault finding and that kind of stuff. The meaning of our mascot fights to the death; it does not give up. Many of us are giving up. Let's show the nation our true fabric and metal. The "mob mentality" cannot win now. No way; it is not the Gamecock way of doing things. If so, we need to change our mascot to something runs and hides when difficulty comes. Do any of you remember Oliver Twittledee??? I did not think so because he gave up. Our team or coaches will not give up either. Who do you want in a fox hole with you? A quitter or a fighter?

Great post and even better idea.

Hey, you never know.

Reactions: nikolas22
I like the idea. Team support is what is needed.

As a previous poster just said, they are kids. Nobody wants to lose or
enjoys losing.

Let's expand on it, how about get a sympathy card and pass it around so the guys feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Maybe some cookies, brownies and milk after practice? Does anyone know a good trophy shop? We can go get them all a participation trophy for trying so hard. I love this idea!
I'm pretty sure if 82,000 screaming, losing their heads fans don't show them support Saturday, then a couple thousand at practice will get it done.

Let's expand on it, how about get a sympathy card and pass it around so the guys feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Maybe some cookies, brownies and milk after practice? Does anyone know a good trophy shop? We can go get them all a participation trophy for trying so hard. I love this idea!
I'm pretty sure if 82,000 screaming, losing their heads fans don't show them support Saturday, then a couple thousand at practice will get it done.

Expand on it?
Nah, what you did was 'describe it' in your usual way of discussing how fans might play a positive role in this whole drama - or maybe not.

GIVE support unconditionally? With no guarantee of reward or entertainment? WHY? Why should I? You don't, you won't you never have and you never will. You're a taker, the guy with stuff falling off all sides of his buffet plate complaining about the quality of the spread, both cheeks stuffed - talking with your mouth open.

I"m in. Remember these players are still kids.

Some who has great contacts with the university student body leadership could propose the idea to them. Perhaps it could get going that way, through the news paper and even notifying the local tv stations? Let's get this thing going! Why not turn the direction rather than sitting around complaining and being a part of the problem rather than the solution. Nothing ventured......nothing gained! Go Cocks!

I feel that would be cheesy at best......down right pathetic at worse. It's almost like applauding a close loss that we have been told by Spurrier himself not to do. If I was a player and we had lost 52-20 I would be embarrassed by those actions.....I really would.......it would seem....well, pathetic. Count me out. These guys don't want that kind of attention. I can't see anything good in that at all. I know your heart is in the right place but.....no.....

Reactions: Cockflopper11
Expand on it? Nah, what you did was 'describe it' in your usual way of discussing how fans might play a positive role in this whole drama - or maybe not.

GIVE support unconditionally? With no guarantee of reward or entertainment? WHY? Why should I? You don't, you won't you never have and you never will. You're a taker, the guy with stuff falling off all sides of his buffet plate complaining about the quality of the spread, both cheeks stuffed - talking with your mouth open.
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was one of those threads where we write out ridiculous ideas that we all have fun with. You mean this was a serious suggestion? I didnt realize and now my feelings are hurt and I'm embarrassed....would you please come hold my hand and help me feel better? Last I checked, these "boys" mamas cut the umbilical cord and I didn't realize we were serious about re-attaching them. I wonder if Saban asks the "feel good" crowd to come sing Kumbaya to his guys after a 32 point loss.

That would prob make them feel worse almost like a charity case. We already have ex players saying they wont watch another game till a real Carolina team takes the field.

This is not the Gamecock way of doing things? Yeah the Gamecock way of doing things in the past was about moral victories, but it looks like fans are demanding better and that is a good thing. As far as the players goes, it looks to me they quit against Georgia (at least the defense did) so you might want to give them advice, before you start telling fans about how they need to act.

This is not the Gamecock way of doing things? Yeah the Gamecock way of doing things in the past was about moral victories, but it looks like fans are demanding better and that is a good thing. As far as the players goes, it looks to me they quit against Georgia (at least the defense did) so you might want to give them advice, before you start telling fans about how they need to act.

Me thinks that sword cuts both ways. LOL If you want me to explain what that means, I will be happy to do so. Peace, young man peace.

Yeah, and after that we can have an ice cream party with lots of sprinkles and sugar plums. Then we can all hold hands and dance on the fluffy clouds and ride unicorns. All of this while listening to umm bop by Hanson. They would love that.

Reactions: ReadR00ster
i showed my support at the kentucky game.....200 bucks later i wasnt feeling the love

I"m in. Remember these players are still kids.
No they aren't! So stop coddling them and spoiling them! They are soft enough as it is. This is what really get's my blood boiling. These fans that keep constantly kissing the rears of the coaches and players and telling anyone who criticizes them to shut up until they get softer than a baby's bottom. They don't need your "moral support." They aren't getting their brains beat on the football field because they are sad or have low self esteem. They just to finally figure out what it is they are doing wrong and stop doing it. They don't need any distractions right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT