ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Game 1 Thread

Letting them hang around for too long....... and not putting them away.

I wonder if CMK thought about pinch-hitting for Campbell there..... I sure did.

Last edited:
Boy.... it doesn’t take long for some of our fans at all. Can’t even get through the first game of 60+ they will play this year.
I think its the way it happens - piss poor pitching at clutch times - piss poor pathetic defense by our veteran catcher who has not thrown 1 base runner out all night and basically let UL runners consistently get into scoring position without even being close on throwing them out and like that last run they scored - not one single hit and they plate a run without a hit - none - zero hits and they take the lead - two bases given up by the Cather and the go ahead run because he doesn’t block the plate properly to keep the ball in front of him - pathetic defensive effort

And that my friend is why we’re not even ranked. Noah Campbell with 5 strike outs wow. I guess the Cape Cod League is not better than Liberty.

Reactions: mavcock
Any one who thinks this is in any way excusable check out the other scores from SEC openers today.
Agree - pathetic effort all the way around tonight by the veteran players - the newbies actually played pretty good - Cullen - awful - Mod - if he’s our Friday night starter we are definitely in trouble. - - All SEC player gones 0-6 with FIVE strikeouts - Gilreath cant stand up to throw a runner out and then proceeds to plate him on awful in the dirt pitches with a catcher who don’t have a clue how to block a ball in the dirt - absoltely disappointed - more in the effort of these guys than anything - let Liberty walk right in and BITCH slap them time after time - every time Liberty got behind - they plated a run to tie it, we get behind and our ALL SEC player looks at strike 3 to end the game - looks like some of these guys read the preseason scoops and forgot they have to play the game

First game. I only saw first 3 innings but even then I noticed out guys were aggressive at the plate and probably weren’t getting the best at bats. Liberty is a decent team. We need to win the next two. Just one game. Can learn a lot from it.

Why do Gamecock athletes continue to look so damn lazy? Is Defender Industries putting something into the water at our athletic facilities?

Can we get some f****** Ostarine up in here?

First game. I only saw first 3 innings but even then I noticed out guys were aggressive at the plate and probably weren’t getting the best at bats. Liberty is a decent team. We need to win the next two. Just one game. Can learn a lot from it.
Agreed with one game. We did this last year and still wound up one game from Omaha. A lot a young talent that will get better with time. If Cullen keeps this up. Kingston will not hesitate sending him back to the bench.

Why do Gamecock athletes continue to look so damn lazy? Is Defender Industries putting something into the water at our athletic facilities?

Can we get some f****** Ostarine up in here?
Let’s not forget some of these guys are still Holbrook holdovers.

Agreed with one game. We did this last year and still wound up one game from Omaha. A lot a young talent that will get better with time. If Cullen keeps this up. Kingston will not hesitate sending him back to the bench.
I would think it would be tomorrow - kid basically responsible for allowing last two runs by himself due to poor effort and laziness

If we win the next two games all is ok but we used in my opinion our best pitchers. I just hope they did too.

And boughknights obvious arrogance didn't help either on the broadcast. We're a far cry from when he played
Listening to that was brutal. I respect that he is a Gamecock and wore the G&B, but dangit man. Maybe the broadcast booth isn't the best fit for him.

Campbell 0-5.
Yep. We can't afford a lead off hitter who specializes in striking out. As I recall, that was his pattern until very late last year.

He looked like he had no idea what he was swinging at this afternoon. I was terribly disappointed after all of the preseason hype.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT