ADVERTISEMENT

Link: Muschamp addresses fourth-quarter play calling

I’m his defense Edwards did drop a big play. But I don’t think Muschamp realizes that we never should’ve gotten to this point. There never should’ve been an Edwards drop when down 4 with a few minutes to go.

This staff doesn’t seem to have a feel for the game. Seems like it’s always situational football from a book or something. Feels like opponents know it too.

I’m fine with running the ball. I just would’ve liked to have seen turner in there and get him outside. When we try to run the clock out we always go up the middle or maybe inside the tackles. Never any reason for the defense to spread out and defend the outside. They can just crash in and I believe if you watch film on this team in situations where we are trying to burn the clock you’ll see that’s exactly what teams do. Gotta let Jake keep it get outside from time to time.

He did abandon something that was working... the forward pass.
They only tried it on the last gasp drive and Edwards dropped 2 and never had a chance on the third.

They did throw twice right at the end of the 3rd quarter. It’s like when it was the 4th they hit a button to abandon everything.

Sad thing is I think I wanted this win for Muschamp more than anything or anyone else. I would’ve loved for him to go down there and beat his former team in the Swamp. I keep pulling for him to prove them wrong. But what I saw was us blowing a similar game like they did under him 4 years ago in The Swamp against us. Joke is on us I guess...

This ones just hard for any of us to take. You
must kick the UF and UT and A&M’s while
they are down. And 2 of them beat us with new coaching staffs. That’s a win we needed because our builds are slow. We can’t bounce back like these other programs can.

He did abandon something that was working... the forward pass.
They only tried it on the last gasp drive and Edwards dropped 2 and never had a chance on the third.
He didn't abandon it. We had receivers downfield throughout the 4th quarter. UF simply brought more pressure than we could handle and Bentley went to his safety valve.

Up three scores, and I started to hope again for the first time since UK loss. Stupid, stupid, stupid! When will I learn. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. I’ve been a bleeding garnet fan for 36 years. I’m crazy.

Reactions: Judson1
We got really spoiled by HBC's ability to dial up the perfect play to victimize opposing defenses. He could beat better teams with his encyclopedic FB knowledge and photographic memory. We don't have that right now. Our coaches can't even remember what worked in the first half.

Muschamp is great except for Gameday and this is exactly what Florida experienced as well.
He didn't abandon it. We had receivers downfield throughout the 4th quarter. UF simply brought more pressure than we could handle and Bentley went to his safety valve.
(0:45 - 3rd) A.J. Turner run for 6 yds to the SCaro 31
(0:27 - 3rd) Jake Bentley pass incomplete to Deebo Samuel
(0:18 - 3rd) Jake Bentley passes complete to K.C. Crosby for 7 yds to the SCaro 38 for a 1ST down
(0:00 - 3rd) A.J. Turner run for 3 yds to the SCaro 41

Why did Carolina run 4 plays in 45 seconds up 10? Run 1 play start the 4th and go ahead 10 into the 4th quarter

(14:55 - 4th) A.J. Turner run for 2 yds to the SCaro 43
(14:19 - 4th) A.J. Turner run for a loss of 1 yard to the SCaro 42
(13:43 - 4th) Joseph Charlton punt for 47 yds, downed at the Fla 11

Defense now folded twice in a row allowing 150 yards rushing in 2 series.
Now 31/28 with a defense that has quit and is completely gassed

Our play calling

(10:44 - 4th) Mon Denson run for 4 yds to the SCaro 16
(10:18 - 4th) Mon Denson run for 6 yds to the SCaro 22 for a 1ST down
(9:56 - 4th) Mon Denson run for 1 yd to the SCaro 23
(9:25 - 4th) Mon Denson run for 2 yds to the SCaro 25
(9:04 - 4th) Jake Bentley pass incomplete
(8:56 - 4th) Joseph Charlton punt for 41 yds, fair catch by Van Jefferson at the Fla 34

Again stupid play calling and conservative coaching cost the team momentum and any chance to win

Now losing after giving up 200 yards plus in 3 series and turning a 17 point lead into a loss.

(4:05 - 4th) Bentley, Jake pass incomplete to Edwards, Bryan, PENALTY SOCAROLINA holding (Daley, Dennis) 10 yards to the SOCAROLINA15, NO PLAY.
(3:49 - 4th) Jake Bentley run for 9 yds to the SCaro 24
(3:27 - 4th) Timeout SOUTH CAROLINA, clock 03:27
(3:26 - 4th) Timeout FLORIDA, clock 03:26
(3:21 - 4th) Jake Bentley pass intercepted CJ Henderson return for no gain to the SCaro 44

So let's add this up…..after being up 17 points with 17 minutes to play and holding UF to 14 points in 43 minutes

17 plays
1-5 passing for 7 yards and a pick
12 rushes for 32 yards (9 on a scramble)
A turnover
A wasted timeout

It doesnt take a college degree to figure this out. We already know we have one of the worst defenses in the nation. We already knew that we have many injured off the already poor defense. Therefore you have 1 offensive philosophy. No matter what the score is you call plays like your 7 points down with 5 min to go. If Muschamp had lived by this very simple rule he would be talking about his teams fine victory tonight instead of a crushing defeat. This isnt rocket science. I'm now seeing why he lost the florida job.

Muschamp is great except for Gameday and this is exactly what Florida experienced as well.

(0:18 - 3rd) Jake Bentley passes complete to K.C. Crosby for 7 yds to the SCaro 38 for a 1ST down

Why did Carolina run 4 plays in 45 seconds up 10? Run 1 play start the 4th and go ahead 10 into the 4th quarter

Our play calling

(8:56 - 4th) Joseph Charlton punt for 41 yds, fair catch by Van Jefferson at the Fla 34

Again stupid play calling and conservative coaching cost the team momentum and any chance to win

Now losing after giving up 200 yards plus in 3 series and turning a 17 point lead into a loss.

(4:05 - 4th) Bentley, Jake pass incomplete to Edwards, Bryan, PENALTY SOCAROLINA holding (Daley, Dennis) 10 yards to the SOCAROLINA15, NO PLAY.
(3:21 - 4th) Jake Bentley pass intercepted CJ Henderson return for no gain to the SCaro 44

So let's add this up…..after being up 17 points with 17 minutes to play and holding UF to 14 points in 43 minutes

17 plays
A turnover
A wasted timeout
The only I would add to this is that we quit going tempo on them when it was working. It seems like every time we do this, our offense bogs down.

We do make adjustments - that`s why we have been a 2nd half team all year. We are depleted on defense and Florida figured out they could just run the ball on us. Unfortunately, I think we went conservative too early. At Ole Miss, our offense acted like we had to score a TD every time. We should have kept doing that in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: roosterbell

Our play calling

17 plays
A turnover
A wasted timeout

Yes, I remember we ran a play with less than 19 seconds remaining in the third quarter. I thought "just let the clock run. We could have burned a lot of clock in the 4th quarter while resting the defense.

It's the SEC: run the ball, stop the run.

U F out rushed us by over 200 yards. That's the game there. If we couldn't run the ball well enough to protect a 17 point lead, we didn't deserve to win.

It doesnt take a college degree to figure this out. We already know we have one of the worst defenses in the nation. We already knew that we have many injured off the already poor defense. Therefore you have 1 offensive philosophy. No matter what the score is you call plays like your 7 points down with 5 min to go. If Muschamp had lived by this very simple rule he would be talking about his teams fine victory tonight instead of a crushing defeat. This isnt rocket science. I'm now seeing why he lost the florida job.
OMG......This guy gets it. Why can't our mutli-millionaire coach get it?

Reactions: roosterbell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT