ADVERTISEMENT

Link ... South Carolina Gamecocks announce 'Battle Armor'

HahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHa
HahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHa
HahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahaha
HahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHa

HahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahaha

What always happens when we wear black? I love the gamecocks as much as any man alive, but we don't havea good record in Black

HahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahahaHahahaHahahahaha

Didn’t watch last season’s bowl game?

200.gif

These videos are for the kids, lighten up people. My boys (age 12 & 9) look forward to these each week. That's who we are targeting. The 12 year old on his middle school team that's the next Marcus or Clowney. Unfortunately that is not my boys, but they are out there.

Side bar: After they saw the first one this year the younger said with disgust, "That's not our helmet. Why'd they change it? I don't like it!". I'm raising them right.

“The color combination was last worn in this order for the Gamecocks’ 24-14 loss to Florida in 2015, though that game saw South Carolina wear the much maligned tail-feather helmets.”

aka...chicken butt helmets Thanks for that one, Shawn Elliott.

National championship programs don't wear all black, just a thought.

Interesting thoughts. Since 1990, three teams have won national championships which have at some point in recent history sported an all-black uniform combination. Colorado, FSU and Miami.

Granted, these are not the normal uniforms for FSU and Miami, but they have worn all-black before.

Interesting thoughts. Since 1990, three teams have won national championships which have at some point in recent history sported an all-black uniform combination. Colorado, FSU and Miami.

Granted, these are not the normal uniforms for FSU and Miami, but they have worn all-black before.

Last year was Miami's first time wearing all black uniforms in program history. FSU has worn all black uniforms a total of 2 times since their debut in 2006. The last time resulting in a loss to the Hokies in the 2018 season opener. Colorado...well I guess you got me there.

Last edited:
Last year was Miami's first time wearing all black uniforms in program history. FSU has worn all black uniforms a total of 2 times since their debut in 2006. The last time resulting in a loss to the Hokies in the 2018 season opener. Colorado...well I guess you got me there.

Perhaps a qualified statement using “rarely” would have served your purpose better than an absolute statement using “don’t”.

Lol. Guessing you didn't see what Ohio State is wearing this weekend

Dude, it's against Minnesota! Give me a break. C'mon fellas, you know for a fact almost every time we play in some special uniform or wear all black for a game, we lose. How many times do you guys need to see this pattern?

I said this in another post but I'll say it again. I don't mind when we wear all black uniforms, however pull them out against the Coastal Carolina's and Marshall's, not against important competition. Worry about the W, not the instagram likes.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Perhaps a day will come when we have a consistent winner.

It would be cool to have an iconic Gamecock uniform scheme, easily recognized by everyone.

Enough with the hideous UA gimmicks.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: The Cool Cock
Dude, it's against Minnesota! Give me a break. C'mon fellas, you know for a fact almost every time we play in some special uniform or wear all black for a game, we lose. How many times do you guys need to see this pattern?

I said this in another post but I'll say it again. I don't mind when we wear all black uniforms, however pull them out against the Coastal Carolina's and Marshall's, not against important competition. Worry about the W, not the instagram likes.
This isn't a special uniform though. We have garnet, black and white helmets/jerseys/pants available -- they decide what to wear from that. A "special uniform" to me is when you wear something like the camouflage stuff from Under Armour a few years ago. This is our regular stuff, just doing different combos.

IMO, Under Armour is kidding around a little bit with these videos -- they are trying to make it look cool yes but they are also going for a "cheesy on purpose" effect. The guy emerging from the lake in the first video, the guy walking around the Fairgrounds like a horror movie in this one -- it's cool but with a measure of "don't take yourself too seriously" levity thrown in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT