ADVERTISEMENT

Little Lloyd

It felt like a bit of a loss when he transferred out. I knew USC/west was playing but forgot Lloyd was there. Otherwise I may have watched some. Oh well….

Reactions: cockofdawn
I wish we had him for the UNC game. We have finesse guys but we need to find a durable ball control back to replace Lloyd.

I wish we had him for the UNC game. We have finesse guys but we need to find a durable ball control back to replace Lloyd.
Lloyd seemed to keep his nose clean and seemed to have good effort so I don't want to clown on him too bad... but I would not call him a durable, ball control back.

If anything he had a knack for turning a 1st and 10 into a 2nd and 13. I wish him well at Southern Cal.

Seemed like a good guy. Serviceable back, but not a franchise type player by any means. Seemed to either be injured or playing injured a lot of the time. Also seemed to be a true student athlete with that 3.25 gpa in psychology. Wish him well, unless he is playing us. lol

Reactions: tngamecock#
He's not going to be an NFL running back. Grabbing some quick cash and finishing with a degree from Southern Cal is probably the best path for him.

Yeah he’s not nfl type
it’s way too early with making that proclamation. Lloyd has only been on the field for about half a season and it’s not like he didn’t play well in some games last year. Let’s not play revisionist history because we’re mad he left. He would have easily been on the top of our depth chart. He has two years eligibility left I believe. A lot can happen in that time and it’s not like he is devoid of talent. Otherwise, you wouldn’t care that he left.

Yep — Jaheim Bell was a better RB
Come on now. Bell didn’t even start over Christian Beal-Smith when Lloyd was injured. Bell flashed a few times, but the stats and results don’t indicate that he was one of our top RBs

Come on now. Bell didn’t even start over Christian Beal-Smith when Lloyd was injured. Bell flashed a few times, but the stats and results don’t indicate that he was one of our top RBs
Who would you rather have carrying the ball on 4th and 2 (a situation we often ran the ball on). ?????

Who would you rather have carrying the ball on 4th and 2 (a situation we often ran the ball on). ?????
Not Bell. The dude averaged 3.6 yds. per carry. So, on a 4th and 2 situation where the defense knows we have to run, Bell is probably not going to get these yds either. The facts just don't bear out what some of you are saying. You guys are looking at Bell's flash plays where he appeared to be big and physical and overhyping what he really did for our team. Of course, we all would have liked to see Lloyd stay, but you are hyping guys who left too that averaged over a yd and a half less and only had 3 touchdowns. Lloyd had twice as many touchdowns as anyone on our team, that includes Juice Wells. Lloyd averaged a yd and half more than any other ball carrier on our team. If you know anything about the running game, that's a lot. Those are the facts. We may want to forget them, but that is a big loss to our offense. Not saying that Lloyd was an All-American or anything like that. I am saying that our running game last year was very bad with any other back out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: usc_nc
Not Bell. The dude averaged 3.6 yds. per carry. So, on a 4th and 2 situation where the defense knows we have to run, Bell is probably not going to get these yds either. The facts just don't bear out what some of you are saying. You guys are looking at Bell's flash plays where he appeared to be big and physical and overhyping what he really did for our team. Of course, we all would have liked to see Lloyd stay, but you are hyping guys who left too that averaged over a yd and a half less and only had 3 touchdowns. Lloyd had twice as many touchdowns as anyone on our team, that includes Juice Wells. Lloyd averaged a yd and half more than any other ball carrier on our team. If you know anything about the running game, that's a lot. Those are the facts. We may want to forget them, but that is a big loss to our offense. Not saying that Lloyd was an All-American or anything like that. I am saying that our running game last year was very bad with any other back out there last year.
I guess we’ll just disagree.

I guess we’ll just disagree.
I see where you are coming from because when Bell flashed it was really impressive. However, Bell was the kid that could dunk the ball any way you wanted it before you played a pickup basketball game and you messed around and picked him first. When he got in the game, he would make a play or two, but he really didn't have the feel for the game to make the impact that you expected when you picked him.

it’s way too early with making that proclamation. Lloyd has only been on the field for about half a season and it’s not like he didn’t play well in some games last year. Let’s not play revisionist history because we’re mad he left. He would have easily been on the top of our depth chart. He has two years eligibility left I believe. A lot can happen in that time and it’s not like he is devoid of talent. Otherwise, you wouldn’t care that he left.
I say that in regards to his injury issues. No NFL team would take anyone that prone.

I believe with each recruiting class Beamer gets in, we are upgrading the talent at every position from what Muschamp left and most importantly getting guys that are bought in on what Beamer wants to do. I feel like there is some addition by subtraction going on even though some of these guys that left were highly sought after as HS recruits.

Hopefully we can point to immediate playing time for the next big time RB recruit to help them choose to come here.

I believe with each recruiting class Beamer gets in, we are upgrading the talent at every position from what Muschamp left and most importantly getting guys that are bought in on what Beamer wants to do. I feel like there is some addition by subtraction going on even though some of these guys that left were highly sought after as HS recruits.

Hopefully we can point to immediate playing time for the next big time RB recruit to help them choose to come here.
I agree but, I am not a Hardesty fan.

I say that in regards to his injury issues. No NFL team would take anyone that prone.
I have seen athletes have injury issues for 3 or 4 years straight and get over it to have good careers. A lot of it is just luck. Remember Deebo Samuel early on in his career. Lot of injuries. Injury prone is not suffering an ACL injury. Also, if you saw the hit that caused Lloyd's thigh injury against Missouri I believe, most athletes are out for a significant period after that play. The kid just needs some good fortune. He wasn't a bad player for us. Frankly, he was the only SEC level back on our roster last year IMO. He just got the short end of the stick when it came to serious injuries. I am not going to diminish the guy or wish him bad in the future just because he decided to choose another program. 5.2 yds a carry and 11 total TDs is a big loss and I am not going to let my disappointment in his decision cause me to deny his performance when he did play.

Last edited:
I have seen athletes have injury issues for 3 or 4 years straight and get over it to have good careers. A lot of it is just luck. Remember Deebo Samuel early on in his career. Lot of injuries. Injury prone is not suffering an ACL injury. Also, if you saw the hit that caused Lloyd's thigh injury against Missouri I believe, most athletes are out for a significant period after that play. The kid just needs some good fortune. He wasn't a bad player for us. Frankly, he was the only SEC level back on our roster last year IMO. He just got the short end of the stick when it came to serious injuries. I am not going to diminish the guy or wish him bad in the future just because he decided to choose another program. 5.2 yds a carry and 12 total TDs is a big loss and I am not going to let my disappointment in his decision cause me to deny his performance when he did play.
I mean, yeah. Kendrick Perkins played in the NBA with no ACL’s in both knees. But, the NFL is totally different with RB’s and career life.

I mean, yeah. Kendrick Perkins played in the NBA with no ACL’s in both knees. But, the NFL is totally different with RB’s and career life.
Lloyd is only 22. Needs one good, injury free year to propel him and he will be fine. NFL doesn't start tripping on RB's until that 2nd Contract. NFL doesn't want to pay over 30 RB's whether healthy or injured previously.

Not Bell. The dude averaged 3.6 yds. per carry. So, on a 4th and 2 situation where the defense knows we have to run, Bell is probably not going to get these yds either. The facts just don't bear out what some of you are saying. You guys are looking at Bell's flash plays where he appeared to be big and physical and overhyping what he really did for our team.

Bell Sunday night against LSU

"The final nail in the coffin came at the hands of tight end Jaheim Bell with a 44-yard touchdown reception thrown by Travis, putting FSU up 38-17. Bell would go on to rush for another touchdown, making the score 45-17 and a late score by the Tigers padded the scoreboard."

Final stats

1 rushing td
I receiving td

"The final nail in the coffin came at the hands of tight end Jaheim Bell with a 44-yard touchdown reception thrown by Travis, putting FSU up 38-17. Bell would go on to rush for another touchdown, making the score 45-17 and a late score by the Tigers padded the scoreboard."

Final stats

1 rushing td
I receiving td
Fuq Jbell

Final stats

1 rushing td
I receiving td
Dude caught 1 passes that you could have caught and a 3yd run through a gaping hole. Also, dropped one wide open pass. Also, the main discussion was not about him being a receiver. It was about him being a runner. He didn’t get but one carry and had to do something for FSU that he didn’t want to do for us, Block. He may have found his scheme fit as an H-Back though. Get a couple touches in the passing game. Get a carry here and there. Block.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would! Because the one “semi-good” back actually wants to be here!
I noticed you changed the narrative. I said one semi-good game. Didn't say he was a semi-good back. Think the jury is still out on that. Anderson ate up a lot of carries and should be commended for that. However, 3.4 yds. per carry is not really good. That is the reason why I said semi-good game. However, when we have been averaging less than 2 yds a carry before Saturday, 3 and half yds seems like you had Barry Sanders out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ward Jr
I noticed you changed the narrative. I said one semi-good game. Didn't say he was a semi-good back. Think the jury is still out on that. Anderson ate up a lot of carries and should be commended for that. However, 3.4 yds. per carry is not really good. That is the reason why I said semi-good game. However, when we have been averaging less than 2 yds a carry before Saturday, 3 and half yds seems like you had Barry Sanders out there.
You realize 3.4 ypc is equal to what NFL style playcalling averages, right?

It's a lot harder to run the ball in the NFL than in college football.
Also, you are taking into account sacks that are negative plays and incomplete passes that gain nothing. If he could pull up that stat so quick, he would know a Running Back that averages 3.4 yds per carry in the NFL is probably getting cut. Why try to make 3.4 yds per rush good just because you want to bash a player that left. 3.4 yds. per carry is a vast improvement from what we were doing, but it’s not good by any stretch of the imagination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT