ADVERTISEMENT

Living in NC reading/hearing a lot of

Hmmm I bet u picked the girls to win the bb championship and the boys to the final 4 as good as u are
No, but if we lose to N.C. State and our football team makes it to Atlanta, the equivalent of what UNC did in 2015, then you come back, hear?

No, but if we lose to N.C. State and our football team makes it to Atlanta, the equivalent of what UNC did in 2015, then you come back, hear?

That game has no bearing what so ever on Atlanta. Means nothing

I honestly don’t know who to pick in this game. Obviously, I’m hoping State wins, b/c well, if USC were playing ISIS, I’d be wearing a turban and banging my head on the foor…

Like most games, I think this one ultimately gets decided on the LOS.

USC doesn’t have to win the LOS battle vs. the State DL, but they do have to hold up. USC needs at least a semblance of a rushing attack to keep State’s defense honest. If USC’s OL can do that, I feel that USC has superior talent in the WR vs. DB battle. If Bentley can consistently find the time to throw it, I think USC wins.

Kind of the same story on the other side of the ball. State is going to try and pound it with their QB and RB. They supposedly are pretty excited about their OL. USC’s DL doesn’t necessarily have to win every battle here, BUT they HAVE to offer enough resistance to keep the OL off the LBs. I think the LB corps is the strength of the USC defense and if they can roam freely, they can stuff the State running game. If the OL can get to them, they’ll be in trouble late in the game as fatigue sets in and it gets harder to get off blocks.

Gun to my head. USC’s OL does enough and USC scores a couple of TDs late to make a pretty close game look better than it was. USC 31 State 21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT