ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back at Will Muschamp's upset wins in his career

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Don’t know about Florida but none of the ones here I see as upsets.

Still waiting for it...lots of opportunities this year.

Reactions: agantt

LSU vs Florida

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Florida_Gators_football_team

UGA vs Florida

#14 Eastern Kentucky (not sure you want to call that an upset)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Florida_Gators_football_team

Tennessee vs Carolina

2016 south carolina gamecock football

Michigan vs Carolina Bowl Game

2017 south carolina gamecock football

Don't make any big bets this weekend!

------------------------------
The three point 2016 victory over #22 Tennessee win was a decent one, but was also the beginning of the end for Butch Jones.

The 2017 Michigan game was a comedy of errors (by UM and JH) that allowed us back in the game in the 2nd half. Though the guys deserve credit for hanging around for that door to swing wide open.

I expect us to lose this weekend by at least 21 points. Sad to see this happen when I think we might have one of our best QBs since Conner Shaw. Sure wish we had Spurrier right about now. In the hands of the right coaching staff, I think Hilinski could be a lot of fun to watch. But with CWM in charge, I expect we will lose by three TDs.

------------------------------
The three point 2016 victory over #22 Tennessee win was a decent one, but was also the beginning of the end for Butch Jones.

The 2017 Michigan game was a comedy of errors (by UM and JH) that allowed us back in the game in the 2nd half. Though the guys deserve credit for hanging around for that door to swing wide open.
Kamara not playing was the key.

Suffice it to say there are none even in the realm of what winning this weekend would be....
Was the Eastern Kentucky reference a joke or a dig or a total lack of football IQ??? I'm really confused and need to know.
Sad part is we all know we don’t even have a chance this weekend. That is were muschamp has taken us.

I don't see one marquee win on that list. Will still as a head coach doesn't have that signature win that showed he had a lesser team and out coached anyone. To even list Tennessee win as a good win this decade is laughable.

Now Boom does have some signature losses of note where his team's were knocked around by less talented teams and the other coaches just coached circles around him like Mack Brown did.

If he was even competitive in big games where we were big underdogs then I would have more hope that eventually he’d break through with a win. But we aren’t ever close that I can remember.

We played Georgia decently well in 2017. Never really felt close, but wasn't a blowout. They were runners up that year.

Other than that, I agree. Lot of arse whuppings.

And GA Southern beat Florida at Florida and did not complete 1 pass in that game. Let that sink in for a minute

Are you sure about this? Florida did not complete even one pass in the entire game? I find that hard to believe. Where di you get that stat from?

We played Georgia decently well in 2017. Never really felt close, but wasn't a blowout. They were runners up that year.

Other than that, I agree. Lot of arse whuppings.
I’ll even give him last years Tater game. That was one of his most aggressive called games and even though we lost by 21 we moved the ball better than I can remember before last Saturday. He’s still never given me the “we have a chance” feeling that Spurrier did going into big games.

Our win against Tennessee in his first year was definitely an upset win. It was huge for this program at the time it happened.

The Michigan game was a fluke. They kicked our tails and then let up. We got a couple of breaks and won the game. Happens once or twice every bowl season. I’ll take the win, but I think we lose that one by a couple of scores in a regular season matchup. Crazy because McClendon’s offense was pitiful in the 1st half and he got the job based on the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT