ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Muschamp is gone with a loss to Clemson.

You do realize Clemson has two weeks to prepare right? This is an off week for them too, and have you seen Clemson when they’ve had time to prepare? The results hasn’t been pretty for the other team. Unless we do something totally different the game won’t be close at all.

Agree it's totally illogical based on most games this season, but do think we find a way to play unorthodox and keep this one close.

We've obviously got nothing to lose (but coaches) and they've got the world on their shoulders. ..The series has been so lopsided as well. Just think the stars might align for 3hrs and keep it interesting.

Reactions: Brace1
Should we hope we lose?

I want a Remember the Titans game. Hope they beat us by the worst margin ever in the series. LEAVE. NO. DOUBT.

That oughta do it...... IE: Muschamp fired. See, I can do simple math. The longer he's here, the longer it's gonna take to .....well....repeat the same crap we've been doing for over 100 ys. But at least with a new coach, we'll have hope. We don't even have that now.

YOU'RE NOT A GAMECOCK IF YOU WANT TO LOSE TO CLEMSON.
I’ve lost any desire to be a Gamecock fan even though I have a degree from South Carolina. The point is, I just don’t care anymore whether we win or lose. With the exception of 8 years, the last 45 years of my Gamecock athletics experience have been miserable.

Reactions: ConKreteCock
I’ve lost any desire to be a Gamecock fan even though I have a degree from South Carolina. The point is, I just don’t care anymore whether we win or lose. With the exception of 8 years, the last 45 years of my Gamecock athletics experience have been miserable.
Don't let the screen door hit you. The positive could be that it will drain the swamp!

Same. I'm done.

Clemson hasn't played anyone with a heartbeat since Texas A&M. They can be beaten as UNC showed.

If we lose embarrassingly to them again (6 in a row) I think the bottom falls out.

Do you honestly think we have a heart beat after getting whooped by Tennessee, App State, and Texas A&M? It ain't looking good

If this is true, Dabo will make sure that they win with a late FG. He won't let CWM get canned on his watch. I'm changing my earlier prediction.

Taters win 27-24, Trevor fakes an injury early in 1st quarter. They will then win the ACC Championship by 50 pts.

Clemson beat Miami so damn bad one year they fired Al Golden the next day...hell, they might have fired him immediately after the game! If you think Dabo will keep it close to save Boom's job you're crazy

Out of 47 years this is the first time I have ZERO confidence in us even standing a chance. The players have quit. You can see it. They know we don't stand a chance. This will be ugly.

For a fan base that's supposedly the best in the land...you guys are just plain pathetic. I would never pull for SC to lose in anything. Muschamp is here regardless of what the score will be...Frick and Frack made sure of that. I think our defense can at least keep it close but the offense is on life support. Hopefully they are adding some wrinkles in the offensive plan.

Reactions: chickadee#
Is the talent on our team incapable of giving a top 5 team a game, even winning? NO! (See Georgia and Alabama game.)

Yes it would appear the players (especially on offense) gave up in the last couple of games, but I seriously doubt that will be true for the Clemson game.

Also, the offense should get Feaster back, and he will be highly motivated. Hopefully, it will be contagious.

I still have hope.

Is the talent on our team incapable of giving a top 5 team a game, even winning? NO! (See Georgia and Alabama game.)

Yes it would appear the players (especially on offense) gave up in the last couple of games, but I seriously doubt that will be true for the Clemson game.

Also, the offense should get Feaster back, and he will be highly motivated. Hopefully, it will be contagious.

I still have hope.

Feaster is not coming back.

The thing about Muschamp is that he is a liar about injuries though.
Perhaps, but coach-speak-lying about injuries is generally to sow doubt that a player will be back (e.g. "game time decision") to attempt to complicate the opposition's game planning.

Reactions: chickadee#
I still maintain Muschamp will be fired after the Clemson game.

Hate to burst your bubble , but I think you could have 40,000 Clemson fans in WB, and lose 77-0, and Muschamp would still keep his job at least through next year. Aside from his buyout, I don't know if there's a coach available this year (one we could realistically hire, that is) who would be a significant improvement over Muschamp. It's just not going to happen. We HAVE made some meaningful improvements, so maybe we have some hope that there will be that kind of incremental progress going forward at least. That is about it for now; if you could resurrect the ghosts of Bear Bryant, Vince Lombardi, and Knute Rockne combined, they couldn't turn this program around in a year or two from where we are. That's reality; we all hate it, we're all frustrated, and just to make it worse, Clemson has become a dynasty, while we...haven't become relevant. We were about to to be, until they made what looked like a dumb hire that turned to gold for them. Maybe they were smart, maybe they just got lucky. It really doesn't matter. It is what it is , and yes it makes our road all that much harder. it's a long, long way to the Promised Land.

Hate to burst your bubble , but I think you could have 40,000 Clemson fans in WB, and lose 77-0, and Muschamp would still keep his job at least through next year. Aside from his buyout, I don't know if there's a coach available this year (one we could realistically hire, that is) who would be a significant improvement over Muschamp. It's just not going to happen. We HAVE made some meaningful improvements, so maybe we have some hope that there will be that kind of incremental progress going forward at least. That is about it for now; if you could resurrect the ghosts of Bear Bryant, Vince Lombardi, and Knute Rockne combined, they couldn't turn this program around in a year or two from where we are. That's reality; we all hate it, we're all frustrated, and just to make it worse, Clemson has become a dynasty, while we...haven't become relevant. We were about to to be, until they made what looked like a dumb hire that turned to gold for them. Maybe they were smart, maybe they just got lucky. It really doesn't matter. It is what it is , and yes it makes our road all that much harder. it's a long, long way to the Promised Land.
Clemson’s BOT are all in. That’s the difference

There is no point firing Muschamp right now. Who knows what this crowd will come up with. Let him take another swing at OC, hope (and that’s literally all we have) that he makes a good hire, and maybe in a year the leadership is different.

We are too late for Rhule and Campbell. As usual, we didn’t think outside the box in a coaching search. We have to get those guys before they become attractive to other programs.

But not us, we just want names. Everything is name recognition. If we’ve heard of him then he’s great. If we haven’t then we don’t like him. We need to be more amenable to guys off the radar so the people that do the hiring can feel secure taking a chance (assuming they have any sense).
Just think too much personal and political capital was spent on that silly "whos on first"skit we just went through. I think Caslen and Tanner are running away from the football program for now.

Buyout is just a convenient excuse. It can be spread out and doesn't have to happen all at once. Bottom line we will be 4-8 after four years of Muschamp. It's time for a change. Unfortunately, the higher ups could care less about winning. When almost half the stadium is all orange next weekend, I hope they're happy!

Just think too much personal and political capital was spent on that silly "whos on first"skit we just went through. I think Caslen and Tanner are running away from the football program for now.

Right. If they can’t handle the arduous task of “speaking” how can we trust they would handle the nuances of a coaching search?

We are too late for Rhule and Campbell. As usual, we didn’t think outside the box in a coaching search. We have to get those guys before they become attractive to other programs.

But not us, we just want names. Everything is name recognition. If we’ve heard of him then he’s great. If we haven’t then we don’t like him. We need to be more amenable to guys off the radar so the people that do the hiring can feel secure taking a chance (assuming they have any sense).
This is very true. We've tried that a couple of times with Sparky and Brad and it didn't work out. But it worked out great with Joe Morrison, and to some extent Jim Carlen. Joe was at New Mexico State and Jim was at Texas Tech. (formerly at West Virginia when he beat us in the Peach Bowl) We lured both coaches to SC.

Buyout is just a convenient excuse. It can be spread out and doesn't have to happen all at once. Bottom line we will be 4-8 after four years of Muschamp. It's time for a change. Unfortunately, the higher ups could care less about winning. When almost half the stadium is all orange next weekend, I hope they're happy!
As long as the big donors are happy the higher ups will be happy. That's the way the world works nowadays.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This is very true. We've tried that a couple of times with Sparky and Brad and it didn't work out. But it worked out great with Joe Morrison, and to some extent Jim Carlen. Joe was at New Mexico State and Jim was at Texas Tech. (formerly at West Virginia when he beat us in the Peach Bowl) We lured both coaches to SC.

I liked Coach Woods as a person and quite frankly he got screwed by an administration that wouldn’t move exams so we could go to a bowl. Also he had to move to the SEC with a lesser roster. But no he wasn’t the guy.

Brad Scott was a miss. You’re going to miss when you take chances. But we shouldn’t be scared to never take a chance in the future.

The problem with old coaches is two-fold: it’s a young mans game now. You’re never off duty. There’s no time for grandchildren and enjoying your sixties while your friends are playing golf. You work all the time. Second, you can’t get them to leave when they start going downhill and then you’re stuck.

For a fan base that's supposedly the best in the land...you guys are just plain pathetic. I would never pull for SC to lose in anything. Muschamp is here regardless of what the score will be...Frick and Frack made sure of that. I think our defense can at least keep it close but the offense is on life support. Hopefully they are adding some wrinkles in the offensive plan.

If somebody could through to Champ to "add some wrinkles" ..... and he agreed to do so, I betcha a nickel he'd use fabric softener. He is an awful, awful coach.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT