ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Todd Bates is following Venebles to OU!

May have spoke to soon on this one. Dabo will hire Auburns Nick Eason to be bates replacement. That may just be an upgrade from bates but I will probably get nailed for having that opinion.

May have spoke to soon on this one. Dabo will hire Auburns Nick Eason to be bates replacement. That may just be an upgrade from bates but I will probably get nailed for having that opinion.
Why would this be an upgrade? Who has had better DLs during their respective tenures? To me the answer is clearly Bates.

I’m hardly the person that would play the race card. If you had reading comprehension, you’d understand that this COULD be construed as racist based on the fuked up society we live in now, where everything is about race. That was my point. Nice try though
If you did not intend to call him a racist, you may want to rewrite the first sentence of your original post.

Reactions: GMClemson33
Name the recruits that bates recruited and coached that are currently in the NFL. .
No clue. I‘m pleased to admit I don’t follow tater players that closely. But, i did see this:

Bates, 38, also served as Clemson’s assistant coach and has become known as an elite recruiter and developer of young talent. He was named the Rivals’ Recruiter of the Year in 2019 as a key contributor to Clemson’s 2020 recruiting class that ranked No. 1 nationally by ESPN, No. 2 by Rivals and No. 3 by 247 Sports composite rankings.

All of the Tigers’ recruiting classes from 2018-2021 were ranked in the Top 10 by Rivals.

Please expound on how this new guy with a couple years of college coaching experience is an “upgrade”? This one stings and the upgrade talk sounds like classic Clem propaganda.

No clue. I‘m pleased to admit I don’t follow tater players that closely. But, i did see this:

Bates, 38, also served as Clemson’s assistant coach and has become known as an elite recruiter and developer of young talent. He was named the Rivals’ Recruiter of the Year in 2019 as a key contributor to Clemson’s 2020 recruiting class that ranked No. 1 nationally by ESPN, No. 2 by Rivals and No. 3 by 247 Sports composite rankings.

All of the Tigers’ recruiting classes from 2018-2021 were ranked in the Top 10 by Rivals.

Please expound on how this new guy with a couple years of college coaching experience is an “upgrade”? This one stings and the upgrade talk sounds like classic Clem propaganda.
You do realize he worked up the ranks in the nfl before jumping to auburn. Bates gets credit for cristian Wilkins, ferrel, Lawrence, but he only actually recruited and fully coached one of those. A lot of his success at Clemson was built on the mountain that Marion hobby built. I think the recruiting is a wash as let’s be honest recruiting from 2017-2020 for Clemson was on name. It’s not hard to recruit when you played in two national champion ships won one and then demolish Alabama in 2019. To be fair I never said he was defiantly an upgrade I said he could be. Nick Eason is highly thought of and started as an assistant dl coach and became a dl coach and multiple teams in the NFL. All of which stats improved after they hired him. Just because you are not familiar with him does not mean he can’t be better. I follow college football all very closely and that includes about 10 teams. My money goes to Carolina but there is nothing wrong with keeping up with what’s going on with your rivals.

Reactions: 76MACC
You do realize he worked up the ranks in the nfl before jumping to auburn. Bates gets credit for cristian Wilkins, ferrel, Lawrence, but he only actually recruited and fully coached one of those. A lot of his success at Clemson was built on the mountain that Marion hobby built. I think the recruiting is a wash as let’s be honest recruiting from 2017-2020 for Clemson was on name. It’s not hard to recruit when you played in two national champion ships won one and then demolish Alabama in 2019. To be fair I never said he was defiantly an upgrade I said he could be. Nick Eason is highly thought of and started as an assistant dl coach and became a dl coach and multiple teams in the NFL. All of which stats improved after they hired him. Just because you are not familiar with him does not mean he can’t be better. I follow college football all very closely and that includes about 10 teams. My money goes to Carolina but there is nothing wrong with keeping up with what’s going on with your rivals.

Nick Eason is a huge upgrade over Bates.

Clemson Pravda. Eason has an admirable NFL background, but until that translates to proven success at the college level, including recruiting, I think I’d prefer to have a proven winner like Bates. Seems like OU knows this.

Reactions: mcbear30
Taters still experiencing cognitive dissonance regarding the apparent crumbling of their success-framework. I can’t decide if it’s more pathetic or humorous, but it’s entertaining as hell to watch.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT