ADVERTISEMENT

Lost my father yesterday...

Lost my mother 16 years ago but my dad is still doing well at 81 years
Very sorry for your loss. Only time helps when we lose someone close
You have ticked me off a time or two on here but heck everyone has opinions
Message board wars are ridiculous I agree
Take care and God bless

Lost my dad 17 years ago. Lean on your faith (Jesus) will pull you through. Not sure if you have your mother, if you do, pay close, very close attention to her and any family member at this time. Make special effort to support her. For me personally, I tried to focus on the positive times that we shared. Call on your pastor, family and friends - even if it is at a late hour. This could be the most difficult situation you have ever been through.
I made my dad a promise before he passed, that I would not miss a day in prayer remembering family concerns, personal issues and life issues in general. I have honored that every day since. Best promise I could have made. Be encouraged and pray often. Be strong for the other members of the family. Don't be afraid to cry, pent up emotion only worsens the situation. Praying for you and your family.

Lost my mother 16 years ago but my dad is still doing well at 81 years
Very sorry for your loss. Only time helps when we lose someone close
You have ticked me off a time or two on here but heck everyone has opinions
Message board wars are ridiculous I agree
Take care and God bless

all good man, i am hurting now, he is why i am a gamecock if we are keeping it gamecock related. He took me to notre dame and good lord even navy. I am hurting. Anyway, I’m sorry for any jacjkassery. In 1976 he took me to my first game. I’m broken.

....I know I’m not the only one. If I’ve been a jack ass to anyone on here please accept my apology. Life is too short for message board wars. I am humbled and sad. Any advice for making it through this?

Sorry to hear this. I lost mine too. All I can say is think of the good times spent with him.

Reactions: Brace1
....I know I’m not the only one. If I’ve been a jack ass to anyone on here please accept my apology. Life is too short for message board wars. I am humbled and sad. Any advice for making it through this?
I dread the thought of experiencing this, but I know it’s coming. I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there and be thankful for the memories!

FWIW, I almost always agree with your opinions on here, so don’t be too hard on yourself. Sharing an opinion, even an unpopular one, doesn’t make you a jackass...and if it did, we would be in it together!

Prayers to you and your family. Celebrate the memories. Your relationship will live on forever through those .
Remember The impression he left in you and pass that on to the next generation

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

My condolences to you and family. Hang in there and whether these hard times. I hope you find peace in time. Take care...

Prayers to you and your family.
Life is way too short for message board wars.
All I can say about making it through is spend time with the ones you love that are still here. Make sure you soak up every second you can with the ones that matter most.

Sorry buddy. Time will heal some of the pain-though that probably doesn't help you feel better right now. Praying helps too. I lost my mother on my birthday in '18. She was my #1 fan and someone I could talk to about anything. Life is not the same without her. You will probably feel the same about your dad. Hang in there. Cherish the memories.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Takes time to get over this sort of loss but you never REALLY do I am sure. My advice is take that energy from your post, apply it to whomever is closest to you in real life, give them a big hug and let them know how you feel because you never know when it will be your last chance to do it. Then- Take time off work and go on that trip you always wanted to go on. Just do it. The money always works out BTW if that is a concern. Best advice my Mom ever gave me is if you wait until you can “afford” something it will never happen. (She was talking about us having a baby back when I was married. The marriage did not last, but the single best thing that ever happened to me was my daughter being born). Wish you the best... whoever you are/ Mr. anonymous internet Gamecock fan guy.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
We are all made of stardust. And just as we all have come from the stars. we all shall return to the stars, which is our home.

It is the cycle of life that he has just completed. Take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place, with his friends, and his family and his puppy dogs of old, as he awaits for his creator's next assignment.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. It is tough losing a parent and I know because I lost my mother when I was 20 years old. And while that has been many years ago not one day goes by without me thinking about her. God Bless.

Reactions: paladin181
Only way to make it through is to just hold on. The hole doesn’t heal; it scars over a bit as time passes, but it doesn’t heal and will open back up at the drop of a hat. A man’s father is his ground; I pray comfort and courage for you. He has taught you things you may not yet realize or understand; honor him. Love and condolences brother.

do exactly what he would do one one of his best days. That’s what he would want you to do and what you should do to celebrate him.

bless you in your loss & I hope many of your positive traits are a reflection of him

all good man, i am hurting now, he is why i am a gamecock if we are keeping it gamecock related. He took me to notre dame and good lord even navy. I am hurting. Anyway, I’m sorry for any jacjkassery. In 1976 he took me to my first game. I’m broken.

You’re not broken, they don’t hand out play books for this. The best part is you are the reflection of him and all things you do are still in tribute to him.
I promise he would want you to smile even through the tears that get you to the next day. you are brave for sharing your heart & his memory & he would be proud. Keep sharing and pretty soon the smiles will catch up and surpass the tears & sad parts. He would want you to keep adding memories to your story. Sooner the better

Reactions: OldWiseCock

I lost both of mine at a young age. Surround yourself with loved ones and those who care about you. Grieve. It's okay. Talk about it. Pray about it. Be open. Your Dad would want the best for you.

God bless you.

My condolences! Both of my parents have passed. There's nothing that hurts like losing a loved one. You know it's going to happen someday, but it still hits like a ton of bricks. I likened it to being punched in the gut continuously for months. The only way through it is through it. Let yourself feel all the grief necessary to work through it. I would still have a "good cry" more than a year after my dad died. Not just a little sniffle, but full-on blubbering. No one can tell you how to grieve. I grieved differently between my mom's and my dad's deaths because they were different situations. One had been very ill for a year and the other was completely unexpected.

In time, you'll be able to look back at the good times and smile and laugh. If there was any disagreement between you two, just know that your dad holds nothing against you. You don't need to go through the rest of your life feeling regrets. If your dad was good to you, be that good father to your kids. If there was something lacking in your relationship, don't let it be lacking in your relationships with your family.

Hang in there and lean on your family. It will get better.

Last edited:
My Dad was my best friend. The lessons he taught were ever lasting and I carry them with me every day and try to instill them with my sons. God bless and prayers to you and yours.

I've known his dad my entire life. I loved him like a second father! Great guy and huge Gamecock fan! Life is never easy as we get older.

My sincere condolences. I lost my dad 14 years ago and I still miss him every day.

Very sorry to hear this, prayers for you, family and loved ones.

In my experience, when times get tough I pray for comfort and it seems to happen immediately. I hope your experience is similar.

Will be 4 years for me feb 21st at 3:30 pm my dad left this earth. My mom will soon be 88 trying to make as many memories I can I am with her every day it sorta puts a strain on me and my wife but she does understand. So hold on to the memories and move on with life. praying for you.!

The Bible teaches us to honor our mother and father. Honor your father's memory and pray to your Heavenly Father for peace and comfort in your heart. God Bless you!

Reactions: king ward
I lost my father a year and half ago, and then suddenly lost my brother this past October. It's hard losing loved ones. Grief is something we must all go through at some point. I don't know you, but I can offer you this. The Lord comforts His people in times of sorrow. Psalm 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted, binding up their wounds." Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble." I would also suggest John 11:25-26 and Romans 8:38-39. May God be your help.

Reactions: Brace1
Sorry for your loss.
My Dad died 13 years ago, but you really never lose them. The memories and experiences over the years stay with you forever.
He lives on in you......

Reactions: TheReelEss
No advice as I still have both my folks but condolences and prayers being sent to you and your family's way bossman.

May the Spirit of the Lord cover you and your family during this trying time. Sorry that you lost your Dad Brother ‘I know the hurt is killing you inside. My advice to you is, Spend as much time as you can around your love ones, and find a quiet place to grieve yourself. Remember all the good times you had with your dad and in the midst of your grief, Celebrate his life and think about what he meant to you and your family. I’m sure your Father left a legacy for all his loved ones; Meditate on that and thank God for every year of his life!

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT