ADVERTISEMENT

Lost my father yesterday...

Prayers for you and your family. God is the only way to find any peace and comfort in difficult times. Lost my father awhile back, still miss him.

Reactions: paladin181
I lost my own father about 20 years ago. Sometimes I still want to call him up and ask him questions, or just sit down and talk with him. I don't think about him every day, but I do think about him plenty, and I miss him a lot. He was such an inspiration for me and I wish he could see who I've become and meet his grandchildren.

Easy for me to say, but as best you can, try to be thankful for the time you had with him and all that he meant in your life. Be thankful for the opportunities you have now and in the future to be that positive influence for others and carry on his legacy. God bless.

Reactions: atl-cock
....I know I’m not the only one. If I’ve been a jack ass to anyone on here please accept my apology. Life is too short for message board wars. I am humbled and sad. Any advice for making it through this?

Time helps. To be honest, I lost my dad 15 years ago and I still miss him every day, but it is much easier now. I was lucky to have my terrific and understanding wife by my side through it. She made all the difference in the World. Lean on your family, loved ones and friends in times like this. Open up and talk to them. They will listen so you don't have to keep it inside. Have a good cry, or two or ten. God bless. I'll say a prayer for you, your family and your dad.

Reactions: PC31 and atl-cock
Prayers for strength, support and healing for you and your family. I lost my father just over a year ago. Lots of good suggestions and advice posted in this thread. The main thing I would suggest is that you want to find your way to grieve and your way to honor and remember him. I’ve spent most of this last year helping my Mom (they were married 58 years). I remind her all the time, you don’t ever get over the loss, you just learn how to live with it. I take comfort knowing that the separation is a temporary one and that I will see my Dad again. God Bless.

all good man, i am hurting now, he is why i am a gamecock if we are keeping it gamecock related. He took me to notre dame and good lord even navy. I am hurting. Anyway, I’m sorry for any jacjkassery. In 1976 he took me to my first game. I’m broken.
Condolences. As others have posted, dwell on the good times.

When Whit Merrifield drove in the run to win the baseball title in 2010, I thought of my late father (who had been a USC fan since 1929; my avatar is from the envelope he received from the Gamecock Club Predecessor with the football schedule from 1950 on it) and how much he would have enjoyed that moment.

So sorry for your loss.Grief is different for everyone.Lean on your loved ones and your faith.And know that someday the memories that now cause you pain will give you joy again.God bless.

Reactions: PC31
Goose, I don't know how old you are or if you have kids, but if you do, let the pain you feel now motivate you to savor the time with your own kids. Give them the quality time and good memories now that they will cling to then they remember you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT