ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz 0-11. WHAT !!!!! 1999, 2000 8-4

Even legends struggle when they don't have the right players.
Give the man a damn chance.
I support him and ain't afraid to say it.
I support him also. But what is he selling this winter? I just don’t see anything that will get him players that can combine with this coaching and just be competitive. Let alone win.

snl-keenan.gif

Even legends struggle when they don't have the right players.
Give the man a damn chance.
I support him and ain't afraid to say it.
Lou Holtz is a national champion head coach with boat loads of experience.

You are suggesting a TE coach that couldn’t get the ODU job deserves the same benefit of the doubt?

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all stocked up here.

That ‘99 team was much better than this one despite the record. Yes, UT and Arkansas were pretty good beatings, but UF and UGA weren’t, and even though UGA is on another level this year, the ‘99 UF and UT teams were no slouches. Nothing to indicate UF won’t beat us the same as today. This team has zero upside.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Beamer is going to get a second year. If he can have an 8-4 type season he will show progress.

But I think we all expect to be here or worse next year.

Reactions: vidaliagamecock
Exhibit 1 today. 2 programs in rebuild mode. 2 new HC. 1 looked light-years better than the other.

I think this is what has a lot of people ratcheting up the frustration. These were two teams with first year coaches. Both teams were huge rebuilding jobs, but one seems WAY ahead of the other.

One thought about this thread. I know the sunshine pumpers on here want to believe in Beamer. But he isn't Lou Holtz, and isn't going to magically turn anything around by his mere presence.

Lou and Spurrier had a resume that backed up us needing to give them patience. That’s the difference.

So what do y'all want to do? Fire him right now? Is that really what needs to be done? Come on.
No. We want some top transfers from the portal that can play next year. Starting with a QB cause we need more than one

We aren't DOOMED. Now, the football program might be doomed. If it drops off the face of the earth you'll get by.
If you think you will live long enough to see us dig out of this hole then you may enjoy watching football again at some point. Right now it isnt fun and we aren’t getting any younger lol

I support him but I’d like to hear more honest assessments of the team and coaches from him.

Not if he wants to coach in the sec.
2 points.
1. We will not be shopping around at the end of this season.
2. Doubtful he would turn down an attractive job elsewhere to hold out in the chance of an SEC opening a couple of years down the road.
Everyone knows you take advantage of your situation when you're in high demand, and that would be now.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I think this is what has a lot of people ratcheting up the frustration. These were two teams with first year coaches. Both teams were huge rebuilding jobs, but one seems WAY ahead of the other.

To be fair, as bad as TN has been recent years, they out recruited Muschamp and our program, so Heupel has more talent to work with. That said I share the frustration here

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT