ADVERTISEMENT

Lovable, bumbling Vandy....

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Just fired a big school defensive coordinator to maybe hire another.....big school defensive coordinator. This after the AD said offense was the focus. At least projected coach Clark Lea was an an offensive player at Vandy.....a fullback.

Yes, hiring is hard.

Just fired a big school defensive coordinator to maybe hire another.....big school defensive coordinator. This after the AD said offense was the focus. At least projected coach Clark Lea was an an offensive player at Vandy.....a fullback.

Yes, hiring is hard.

I'm sure Gus would not take the Vandy job but Malzhan could improve Vandy's program.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Maybe Ray acted in haste in his rush to save a recruiting class ranked in the 90's
Lose three of your top commitments when the coach leaves and be left with 10 commits this time of year....and that's where you are going to be. I am sure they want to get those 3 back in fold and make a run at TID, Nesbit and a few others we were recruiting heavily.

Are we really in a position to be throwing shade at another schools hirings of HC's.
If you use quality of performance in anything to be able to assess others, we may just as well toss this board and all its comments in the Congaree. I do, BTW, think we learned a little last search.

I wondering if Arkansas State jumped the gun in hiring Butch. They probably could've gotten Gus to come back for a year or two.

I wondering if Arkansas State jumped the gun in hiring Butch. They probably could've gotten Gus to come back for a year or two.

Why would he?

He's getting a fat buyout check. He can sit out next season, do some network commentary, then when more programs fire THEIR coaches after next season he'll have his pick of jobs.

Yes, hiring is hard.
We hired the failed coach of Florida and just picked up the TE coach of Oklahoma.

I'm sure that sounds pretty weird to a lot of people, too.

We'll see how it goes.

Wonder where Gus goes....he would be an appealing candidate for somebody.
Arizona? They just canned Sumlin. That may sound like an odd marriage but Gus may welcome the opportunity to avoid SEC West teams and UGA every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT