ADVERTISEMENT

LSU fans pissed at Dawn and her comments

Facts don't matter in emotional arguments anymore and that goes for sports, race, politics, etc. Pretty much any aspect of life is now dominated by opinions, emotions, and ideals.
What facts have been stated? All I see are superficial surface level assessments with no context. Dawn recruits the best talent period, no matter the background. The only criteria she asks for besides their talent is they are respectful and have a good relationship with their parents.

Look at percentages of McDonald's All American level talent players that are white and are from the Southeast where we have had out most success recruiting wise (specifically Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina) and look at how many of them are white. If anything we're under recruiting black players based on the players she's missed on
or didn't even extend an offer to.

These are the facts, we have the best team in the nation. Every single night we have more McDonald's All-american players sitting on the bench and top 20 recruits than most programs have on their roster. Dawn regularly extends offers to white players just like she does to anyone because her focus is to maintain a winning program and not fill in a quota. We currently have multiple white players on our team, who have stayed in the program for 3 to 4 years and just because you don't see their value it doesn't diminish their value to both Dawn, the team and the real fans.

That could be the case. However, the more likely answer is people call me a troll because they can't defend their argument.

As in the case here, I'm pushing back against your argument by highlighting the piece that undermines the rest of what you typed. Instead of being able to bridge that disconnect, you're resorting to ad hominem attacks because it's the only defense you can come up with at the moment. Calling someone a troll is much easier than admitting you're wrong.
Man , I wish I could buy your intellect for what it’s worth and sell it for what you think it’s worth.
Enjoy your self proclaimed role as genius troll that is so smart no one stand up to the fierceness of your insight. And don’t injure your shoulder or elbow patting yourself on the back.

Man , I wish I could buy your intellect for what it’s worth and sell it for what you think it’s worth.
Enjoy your self proclaimed role as genius troll that is so smart no one stand up to the fierceness of your insight. And don’t injure your shoulder or elbow patting yourself on the back.
Just digging yourself deeper into the hole proving my point.

What facts have been stated? All I see are superficial surface level assessments with no context. Dawn recruits the best talent period, no matter the background. The only criteria she asks for besides their talent is they are respectful and have a good relationship with their parents.

Look at percentages of McDonald's All American level talent players that are white and are from the Southeast where we have had out most success recruiting wise (specifically Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina) and look at how many of them are white. If anything we're under recruiting black players based on the players she's missed on
or didn't even extend an offer to.

These are the facts, we have the best team in the nation. Every single night we have more McDonald's All-american players sitting on the bench and top 20 recruits than most programs have on their roster. Dawn regularly extends offers to white players just like she does to anyone because her focus is to maintain a winning program and not fill in a quota. We currently have multiple white players on our team, who have stayed in the program for 3 to 4 years and just because you don't see their value it doesn't diminish their value to both Dawn, the team and the real fans.

Wow... quotas only matter when it fits the narrative huh?

Wow... quotas only matter when it fits the narrative huh?
This is a prime example of why people don't take your argument in good faith because of comments like this. There's no narrative its basketball. Unlike the corporate world the players decide their destination and not the coaches.

Reactions: shiverz
Yeah, just like the good ol' boy system.

Or the fact that students are being accepted to universities based of ethinicty over academic qualifications AND covid treatments are being distributed based on metrics that specify race as a leading determining factor.
My wife didnt qualify for covid treatment based on Lexington medical center metrics. If she had been non-white she would have qualified.
Yeah... that good ol boy system..right.

This is a prime example of why people don't take your argument in good faith because of comments like this. There's no narrative its basketball. Unlike the corporate world the players decide their destination and not the coaches.

In the corporate world, the employees decide the destination and not the managers. Nice try

Only Haley Jones on Stanford would start for us. Is she white or black? What about Brea? Do you bigots subscribe to the one drop rule?
There it is. When a person calls another person a bigot, that person has lost the argument.

In the corporate world, the employees decide the destination and not the managers. Nice try
The potential employee gets to decide whether to apply to a location but the ultimatum of getting a fair shot of being hired falls on the hiring manager, no matter how qualified one might be.

Whereas in basketball the offers are given based on proven talent and it up to the players to decide where to go. Considering Dawn routinely give offers to all players and and we routinely make their top 10, its safe to say I see no prejudice in her method of finding talent. But hey I guess you'll continue to purposely miss the point and continue to derail the conversation because you have nothing of merit to the actual topic at hand, but I guess that's on me for giving into it.

Reactions: DeeDave
The potential employee gets to decide whether to apply to a location but the ultimatum of getting a fair shot of being hired falls on the hiring manager, no matter how qualified one might be.

Whereas in basketball the offers are given based on proven talent and it up to the players to decide where to go. Considering Dawn routinely give offers to all players and and we routinely make their top 10, its safe to say I see no prejudice in her method of finding talent. But hey I guess you'll continue to purposely miss the point and continue to derail the conversation because you have nothing of merit to the actual topic at hand, but I guess that's on me for giving into it.

These whiners play the victim card efficiently- just not effectively.

Reactions: Gamekem
Or the fact that students are being accepted to universities based of ethinicty over academic qualifications AND covid treatments are being distributed based on metrics that specify race as a leading determining factor.
My wife didnt qualify for covid treatment based on Lexington medical center metrics. If she had been non-white she would have qualified.

No one with common sense believes you.

Or the fact that students are being accepted to universities based of ethinicty over academic qualifications

every school that I am aware of states in their admissions policies that they take a variety of academic and non-academic qualifications into account. Good for them.

For example:
A city school that admits a white kid from a small, rural area can benefit from that admission.

A school that admits a minority kid from a small, rural area can benefit from that admission.

A school that finds itself at 90% white students in a state that is made up of 40% non-white students can benefit from admitting non-white students.

I love this type of argument. How do you know students are being accepted due to race over academics? do you have a chair on the academic board at Carolina? there are plenty of young men and women that are accepted on their academic merit and they just so happen to be non-white. Just because you're white, does not preclude you to be an academic scholar. Oh this thing about earning your place based on merit is going to bother a lot of you. The class system based on Race is ending. Not all non-whites get into school due to athletics, some of them actually have a substantial amount of academic success. The collapse of the Good Ol' Boy system is a wonderful thing. Seems like you're going to have to adjust or get left behind.

Now, as far as the COVID treatment is concerned, that 's something you need to take up the the Medical staff at Lexington. Was your wife vaccinated? If not, that may have played a factor.

The bottom line is…You can only give a scholarship to a player that is willing to accept. I would just ask one question though…Paige Beuckers is the best female basketball player on the Planet…Did Dawn recruit her?

Reactions: Cybercock
The bottom line is…You can only give a scholarship to a player that is willing to accept. I would just ask one question though…Paige Beuckers is the best female basketball player on the Planet…Did Dawn recruit her?
Yes and we were among her top 10 and Dawn has often referred to her as a generational talent.

Every school is supposed to have a minimum academic baseline for admittance (Vanderbilt's is probably higher than USC's and that's okay).

Above and beyond minimum academics, what does the applicant offer the school? Academic/extracurricular talents? Demographic diversity?

I'd like to broaden your query regarding Paige Beuckers and find out how coaches typically initially reach out to recruits. A letter to the recruit/parents via USPS? A phone call with the high school (maybe even middle school) coach?

Last edited:
I'd like to broaden your query regarding Paige Beuckers and find out how coaches typically initially reach out to recruits. A letter to the recruit/parents via USPS? A phone call with the high school (maybe even middle school) coach?
and Beuckers has repeatedly stated her dream school since she was a little kid was UCONN.

and Beuckers has repeatedly stated her dream school since she was a little kid was UCONN.
This is not relevant to my question. The idea is to recruit the best team possible (regardless of race). You have to “make” them…Tell you NO!

This is not relevant to my question. The idea is to recruit the best team possible (regardless of race). You have to “make” them…Tell you NO!
Apparently, that's what Paige did - tell DS "Thanks, but no - I'm signing with my dream school." Paige probably said the same thing to the respective coaches in response to being recruited by Tenn, MD, NCSU, Baylor, Stanford, Oregon, etc.

Other posters answered your question that we had indeed offered her a scholarship before I posted. I wasn't going to post the same, obvious answer again after they did.

However, it's 100% relevant to also add that her dream school since she was a child was to play for UCONN. That's relevant whether you like it or not.

I love this type of argument. How do you know students are being accepted due to race over academics? do you have a chair on the academic board at Carolina? there are plenty of young men and women that are accepted on their academic merit and they just so happen to be non-white. Just because you're white, does not preclude you to be an academic scholar. Oh this thing about earning your place based on merit is going to bother a lot of you. The class system based on Race is ending. Not all non-whites get into school due to athletics, some of them actually have a substantial amount of academic success. The collapse of the Good Ol' Boy system is a wonderful thing. Seems like you're going to have to adjust or get left behind.

Now, as far as the COVID treatment is concerned, that 's something you need to take up the the Medical staff at Lexington. Was your wife vaccinated? If not, that may have played a factor.

Do research. White students have had to lie about their ethnicity on admissions applications in order to be accepted at some institutions. Asians have an even more difficult time. All in the name of equality. Again look it up... its all right there if people would just get their head out of the sand.
Funny you say the class system based on race is ending as it should. Then you turn around and advocate for special treatment of people based on skin color.
As far as the covid thing goes... google that. Its all out there. Race counts as more of a determining treatment factor than even congestive heart disease.
Vaccine status is not on the list.

We can recruit as long as hard as we want. Maybe the environment here is not what certain people want to play in.
Thats fine until it gets in the way of advancing the program. So far that hasnt appeared to have been an issue
Only time will tell.

Other posters answered your question that we had indeed offered her a scholarship before I posted. I wasn't going to post the same, obvious answer again after they did.

However, it's 100% relevant to also add that her dream school since she was a child was to play for UCONN. That's relevant whether you like it or not.
No…It’s NOT! I used her as an example. Her dream school has nothing to do with the players recruited by Dawn Staley. I’ve heard a lot of athletes claim that (so and so) was their dream school, yet they were playing for a different school. I’m fine with the players that Dawn has recruited ( long as she’s recruiting the best team possible). You’re not going to get everybody! I wish she would have recruited a better team from the perimeter. If we lose in the Tournament, it will be because of that fact.

Reactions: Cybercock
Do research. White students have had to lie about their ethnicity on admissions applications in order to be accepted at some institutions. Asians have an even more difficult time. All in the name of equality. Again look it up... its all right there if people would just get their head out of the sand.
Funny you say the class system based on race is ending as it should. Then you turn around and advocate for special treatment of people based on skin color.
As far as the covid thing goes... google that. Its all out there. Race counts as more of a determining treatment factor than even congestive heart disease.
Vaccine status is not on the list.
I never advocated for special treatment for anyone. The non-white students are being gifted a handout? you need to do some research. show me the numbers of white and Asian students that have lied on their college applications to gain entry into Carolina. If you don't have the numbers, then don't make outlandish claims.

Last edited:
No…It’s NOT! I used her as an example. Her dream school has nothing to do with the players recruited by Dawn Staley. I’ve heard a lot of athletes claim that (so and so) was their dream school, yet they were playing for a different school. I’m fine with the players that Dawn has recruited ( long as she’s recruiting the best team possible). You’re not going to get everybody! I wish she would have recruited a better team from the perimeter. If we lose in the Tournament, it will be because of that fact.
Perhaps Dawn wishes that she could have recruited a better team from the perimeter, but she did the best she could based on interest and availability.

every school that I am aware of states in their admissions policies that they take a variety of academic and non-academic qualifications into account. Good for them.

For example:
A city school that admits a white kid from a small, rural area can benefit from that admission.

A school that admits a minority kid from a small, rural area can benefit from that admission.

A school that finds itself at 90% white students in a state that is made up of 40% non-white students can benefit from admitting non-white students.
Then why can't a basketball team do the same? Either accept the best or admit that its not important to accept the best, but at least be consistent.

Then why can't a basketball team do the same? Either accept the best or admit that its not important to accept the best, but at least be consistent.

Exactly
Shouldn't the basketball team take other factors besides basketball talent under consideration?
I dont believe they should but as you point out.... be consistent.

I never advocated for special treatment for anyone. The non-white students are being gifted a handout? you need to do some research. show me the numbers of white and Asian students that have lied on their college applications to gain entry into Carolina. If you don't have the numbers, then don't make outlandish claims.

No one with common sense believes you.

But people who have real sense and pay attention to reality and strive to actually look at the news and the world around them see what the deal is.
I wish i could be there the day you are denied something you have worked very hard for only because of something you have no control over. Maybe then you will comprehend this discussion.
It shouldnt happen to minorities or majorities but it does because those that advocate for being color blind are the worst offenders.

But people who have real sense and pay attention to reality and strive to actually look at the news and the world around them see what the deal is.
I wish i could be there the day you are denied something you have worked very hard for only because of something you have no control over. Maybe then you will comprehend this discussion.
It shouldn't happen to minorities or majorities but it does because those that advocate for being color blind are the worst offenders.
What does colour blind mean to you, Cybercock? I ask this to better understand your statement about such people being the worst offenders.

Who is Dawn recruiting? Here are the public offers that we know. Hoopgurlz only has a top 60 for right now. 7 of the 11 are in the top 60.

To recap
2019 5 signees #1 rank
2020 1 signee not ranked but adjusted with Cardoso 2 signees #15-20 rank
2021 4 signees #1 rank
2022 2 signees # 6 rank
Dawn puts a premium on athleticism or special talents. Examples: Kiki was a high 80’s and both Eniya Russell and Victoria Saxton were in the 40-50 range. Saxton was not offered by home state UGA or GaTech nor any other top 10 program.
Kiki was the same no offer by UF, FSU, or Miami or any top 10 program. Russell was not offered by UMD, UVA, VaTech or top 10 program.

This list is by no means exhaustive. We have had conversations, camps, unofficials with at least another 50 young women. Some eliminated us, some we nixed, others are still wait and see. So Dawn has given a serious look at 60-70 players for the probably 4-6 scholarships she will award. We only have 4-6 to give unless some one transfers

My dream class would be Booker, Fulwiley, Rosario and Stack. From the tea leaves I would say we lead with 3. Signing these would be a top 3 class at the worst

Madison Booker #6 top SF or wing in the nation
Malaysia Fulwiley #7 in state Keenan top pg in the country
KK Arnold #8
Aalyah Del Rosario #13 6’6” two other post player are listed ahead of her but are 6’3” she is the one you want
Chloe Clardy #40
Lisa Thompson #44
Emma Risch #54 probably best 3 pt shooter in the class
Mari Bickley
Zoe Brooks
Maliyah Mason in State Irmo
Riley Stack in state Wren

Last edited:
What does colour blind mean to you, Cybercock? I ask this to better understand your statement about such people being the worst offenders.
Wait, are you intentionally using the letter "u" in the word "color?" That's the second time you've done so in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT