ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Re-instates Will Wade as HC

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
I admit I don’t know every detail of this circumstance. But he’s recorded mentioned making an offer to buy a player. If they don’t get completely smashed as a program by the NCAA...then what good is It trying to do it by the rules?

Shocked by this development.

Not so much! Remember the NCAA and LSU negotiated a joint interview! I suspect after these interviews the three parties cut a deal! Wade cheated a ton! The players he bought all entered the NBA draft! My guess is the whole mess is swept under the rug! This is almost as bad as the Scam Newton deal at Auburn! Yet it does not get near the level of the UNC disgrace!

And we get put on probation for tutoring a kid and handing out cookies.
Exactly. I posted a few days ago how if we cheated we'd be nailed and punished the next day because we're not yet among the cheating elite. We do we need the paper toothed NCAA anymore if this is what we get.

Was he the one mentioning an "offer" but no specifics? I can see his attorney arguing the use and meaning of "offer".

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Was he the one mentioning an "offer" but no specifics? I can see his attorney arguing the use and meaning of "offer".
He was. But on the tape, he also said something along the lines of the player thought "the offer" was too skewed towards his parents and the player wanted "a bigger slice of the pie" for himself.

Since it's highly doubtful that said offer included his parents getting a spot in the starting lineup at LSU, I would think common sense says this offer was about money or some other kind of financial incentive.

He was. But on the tape, he also said something along the lines of the player thought "the offer" was too skewed towards his parents and the player wanted "a bigger slice of the pie" for himself.

Since it's highly doubtful that said offer included his parents getting a spot in the starting lineup at LSU, I would think common sense says this offer was about money or some other kind of financial incentive.

Didn’t he said it was a “hell of an offer” or something along those lines? Obviously that isn’t a scholarship. He clearly offered him something illegal.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT