ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Doty

I'll die on that hill, the dude is legit.
I have seen Rattler play and I am confident he will be outstanding here, as he ,is very talented. But he is only available because he lost his starting job at Oklahoma, so he has something to ,prove as well

We did not see a healthy Luke Doty this year. IMO if he sticks around and plays backup to Rattler next year, we're going to see what he brings to the table the following year, assuming Rattler goes pro.
I don't know. I think he may need to check out a new position or enter the portal. We are trying to improve at every position. It doesn't look like he has what it takes to play quarterback at this level. Rattler was brought in for a reason. If coaches believed Doty was the answer, I don't think they would've searched for at better option.

I don't know. I think he may need to check out a new position or enter the portal. We are trying to improve at every position. It doesn't look like he has what it takes to play quarterback at this level. Rattler was brought in for a reason. If coaches believed Doty was the answer, I don't think they would've searched for at better option.
We got a qb coming off surgery that’s never got much time at qb yet,a freshman that’s never played and another coming in new.You get the best you can when you can at any position.

We did not see a healthy Luke Doty this year. IMO if he sticks around and plays backup to Rattler next year, we're going to see what he brings to the table the following year, assuming Rattler goes pro.
Alright enough of this; same thing over and over. “We did not see a healthy Doty.”

We DID see a healthy Doty in 2020 and 2021 spring game before we saw the 2021 season “not 100%” Doty; same Doty in all three. The dog won’t hunt. You will get the same Doty.

I have seen Rattler play and I am confident he will be outstanding here, as he ,is very talented. But he is only available because he lost his starting job at Oklahoma, so he has something to ,prove as well
Lost his job to another five star stud; so did the lsu qb in the portal, so did Jalen Hurts, etc. We don’t typically have multiple 5 star qb studs here at USC.

Lots of talk in the Coastal camp that Grayson McCall may transfer. Losing his top three receivers, Coastal will be in a rebuilding mode next season due to heavy graduations on both sides of the ball. Grayson also wants to play P5 ball to raise his stock for the NFL.

I'm sure Luke Doty's name will come up as the next QB for Coastal.

We DID see a healthy Doty in 2020 and 2021 spring game before we saw the 2021 season “not 100%” Doty; same Doty in all three. The dog won’t hunt. You will get the same Doty.
If he was ever going to be a big time player for us, seems we'd have seen some glimpses.

QB must be the hardest position for scouting services to rate.....cause they sure get a lot of them wrong.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Can Rattler do for us what Matt Corral did for Ole Miss? If he can, and with Coach White as our DC, next year could be so much better than many folks will project.

Alright enough of this; same thing over and over. “We did not see a healthy Doty.”

I know for a fact that "We did not see a healthy Doty." I don't need to give you my source, but his ankle was NEVER even close to healed. Cut the kid some slack. His feet are a big part of his skill set and if he can't use them
accordingly then how could he be expected to perform at an SEC level? He should've never played in the Georgia game but did so because of injury to Noland. After the game Doty's ankle was the size of a grapefruit. Check with your sources regarding the extent of his injury. Also, playing QB at an SEC school as a freshman while splitting time at WR is no easy chore.

I know for a fact that "We did not see a healthy Doty." I don't need to give you my source, but his ankle was NEVER even close to healed. Cut the kid some slack. His feet are a big part of his skill set and if he can't use them
accordingly then how could he be expected to perform at an SEC level? He should've never played in the Georgia game but did so because of injury to Noland. After the game Doty's ankle was the size of a grapefruit. Check with your sources regarding the extent of his injury. Also, playing QB at an SEC school as a freshman while splitting time at WR is no easy chore.
Doty has no downfield vision no pocket awareness, he needs to change positions where he can better help the team .

I understand he had an ankle but ankle/no ankle, two positions/no two positions, if the kid had legit QB weapons he would have shown a glimmer by now at some point; among recents, Garcia, Shaw, even everyone's fodder boys Bentley and Brown showed glances of weapons early on.

Coastal Carolina is mentioned above; that would be a good fit in my view.

You folks act like we have no Braden Davis coming in. We have been so conditioned to being let down by incoming QBs relative to our expectations and hype with one disappointment after another- Watch out, after a year behind Rattler , Braden Davis may be the real deal we have all been waiting for!

To be honest if we can close with QB Tanner Bailey and with the addition of B. Davis, these two kids look pretty nice throwing the ball. With the right coaching they could help us win some games down the road.

Last edited:
To be honest if we can close with QB Tanner Bailey and with the addition of B. Davis, these two kids look pretty nice throwing the ball. With the right coaching they could help us win some games down the road.
Yes!
Get enough depth with talent, and hopefully one of them will emerge as a solid QB for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT