ADVERTISEMENT

Lurking Dawgs take Heed........

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Miami" is what happens when you think you're a lot better than you are!!:rolleyes:
You missed the bigger picture here. "Miami" is what happens when Richt is coaching. We know how that feels way too much. For the record, I took LSU last night.
Also for the record, I love Mark Richt. He's a good coach and a very good man, but Kirby is a better coach.

Also for the record, I love Mark Richt. He's a good coach and a very good man, but Kirby is a better coach.

Kirby is a better coach? Based on what? I guess if you go strictly by wins, recruiting, championship appearances and running a football program, you could conceivably make a case for Smart, but Richt ....I got nothing. I wish Richt were still at UGA

I'm new here, so I'm walking on eggshells... Good luck next weekend! This game always worries us.
"Miami" is what happens when you hire an underachieving coach like CMR. That said, yes, I'm a little bit nervous about this game. Neither of us knows much about our team after dominating two "cupcake" teams this past Saturday. I was surprised to see that the betting line is only 9.5 for UGA. You have the underdog factor, the home field advantage and the blazing inferno that is Cola in early September going in your favor. Excited to watch both teams tee it up and decide this thing on the field.

Reactions: uscbeckham
I love how dog nation loves to dog Richt for all those trrrible years he gave their program.

Remember Ray Goff and let up a bit Richt maybe?
Shouldn’t they give Kirby a little time before promoting him to saint of Athens

Don't forget to move those heaters close to the Jawga bench on Saturday just tell them it's so hot the Cool Fans are just throwing out hot air they'll buy that they're from Jawga.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
This game will come down to whoever is more physical and executes better.
And makes the least mistakes! I would think losing Michel and Chubb would help us, but UGa. always has a good OL and multiple backs. I worry about our DL's size and getting any pressure and our safeties are still a question mark! Hope we can make some adjustments during the week, need to get the snaps up too!

And makes the least mistakes! I would think losing Michel and Chubb would help us, but UGa. always has a good OL and multiple backs. I worry about our DL's size and getting any pressure and our safeties are still a question mark! Hope we can make some adjustments during the week, need to get the snaps up too!
We had two star OLs under Richt bc he never believed good teams start at trenches.

UGA will be very good Saturday. Have an experienced QB and OL. Not sure about the defense, as eight starters from 2017 are gone. Smart has recruited about as good as anyone in the country, so talent won't be a problem on paper. However, everyone knows games aren't won on paper. The atmosphere in Columbia should be off the charts, and if the game stays close, it could be interesting. I expect USC to play a damn good game, and the home field advantage could be big? Hopefully, our young players won't get caught up in the hype.

Go Cocks!

Gary Danielson thinks that South Carolina's top 30 players are just as good as UGA's top 30 players. What do YOU think?

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Can we run the ball? Can we pressure Jake fromm state farm enough to where he doesn't pick us apart, just a few things that concern me!

Closer than most realize
Star rankings don't always translate on the field, but UGA has eight 5 star players on the offensive roster. I've seen some Carolina fans say that your WR's are better than UGA's. Georgia has three 5 star wide receivers. (Godwin, Hardman and Robertson) Not disparaging Deebo and company, but if star rankings mean anything, then..... In his latest article about this past weekend, Mike Farrell make an exclamatory statement praising UGA's offensive speed. Weeks ago a well known prognosticator said that UGA had the best AND the second best OL in the SEC. In summation, I would probably disagree with Danielson.

Star rankings don't always translate on the field, but UGA has eight 5 star players on the offensive roster. I've seen some Carolina fans say that your WR's are better than UGA's. Georgia has three 5 star wide receivers. (Godwin, Hardman and Robertson) Not disparaging Deebo and company, but if star rankings mean anything, then..... In his latest article about this past weekend, Mike Farrell make an exclamatory statement praising UGA's offensive speed. Weeks ago a well known prognosticator said that UGA had the best AND the second best OL in the SEC. In summation, I would probably disagree with Danielson.
You probably should have left that opening line out, it didn't support the rest of your post! Go back the last eight years in the series and compare the recruiting rankings as we went 4-4, I bet y'all would be around top 5, we might be around 20-25th. Recruiting rankings are nice, but W-L's are what matters!

Reactions: WSPCock11
You probably should have left that opening line out, it didn't support the rest of your post! Go back the last eight years in the series and compare the recruiting rankings as we went 4-4, I bet y'all would be around top 5, we might be around 20-25th. Recruiting rankings are nice, but W-L's are what matters!

You are way over ranking Mark Richts recruiting classes. His classes the last 8 years of his coaching career hovered between 9-11, but that’s only half the story. Every recruiting class was minus about 2 players who didn’t qualify and over half his recruiting class after the 2012 season was NOT even on campus 3 years later and it wasn’t because they declared for the draft! So when UGA played Alabama in 2015, 18 of 22 Bama starters came from two recruiting classes, but Mark Richts UGA team only had 3 out 22 starters from those same recruiting classes. If you go back to the SEC Championship in 2012, UGA has 69 players on scholarship because of chronic under signing and bad apples kicked off. Alabama entered that game with a full 85 man scholarship roster, so while they had 5 star players playing special teams, we had walk ons. If anyone would’ve re ranked Richts recruiting after 2-3 years, it would’ve been in the mid 20s. Kirby is the complete opposite and is finally harnessing the full power that is the state of Georgia High School football and he’s never going to undersign and the trips to the swimming pool during fall camp is gone too.

Star rankings are just a grade on potential. It doesn’t measure heart and work ethic. Based on skill level, Samuel and Edwards are both 5 stars. The Smith boys are high 4s. I believe this is our best O-line in years. We will match up well. It will be hot like Hell...in an intimidating Stadium.

Reactions: jimnasium
"Miami" is what happens when you hire an underachieving coach like CMR. That said, yes, I'm a little bit nervous about this game. Neither of us knows much about our team after dominating two "cupcake" teams this past Saturday. I was surprised to see that the betting line is only 9.5 for UGA. You have the underdog factor, the home field advantage and the blazing inferno that is Cola in early September going in your favor. Excited to watch both teams tee it up and decide this thing on the field.

Cola is hot for sure. No lie, hottest game I ever attended was in Athens. I believe it was the game where Brandon Bennett went over the top for a score as time ran out. Munson was saying "lay down dogs, lay down." It was about 92 before , then it rained for a few minutes and the sun came back out with a vengance. I saw a few old people have to get carried out, and I was in my late 20s and I thought I was going to fall out..

Our WRs are better than yours.

I’ll be glad after the muts get dispatched Saturday.. it’ll be another year before they return...

Ridley, Robertson, Hardman, Godwin is pretty damn strong. UGA also has a 5 star TE Issac Nauta. I wouldn’t trade with anyone, but that’s just my opinion.

Ok great. Doesn’t change fact ours are better.

giphy.gif

Why are yours as a unit better? I get Deebo, but what have your other guys done? I'm not asking as in I don't think they have done anything. I honestly don't know.

Recruiting it certainly would not. The biggest miscalculation most of our rivals make is equating MR in recruiting to the likes of Meyer and Saban. He's nowhere near. That can't be said about Smart.

Bingo! How many times have we heard the urban legend about Mark Richts top five recruiting classes. Somebody did the math and Richt averaged between 9 and 11 depending on the recruiting service. Of course half the guys Richt signed ended up somewhere else. Richt had two top 5 classes in 15 years. Kirby will have three in a row and based on the early signings, four in a row. Mark Richt is all about family balance and taking a day off to the pool. Kirby is ALL football and not about the pool. For what ever reason, most South Carolina fans believe a lot of myths about UGA. Alabama fans know what we’re up too and it’s pissing them off that Kirby has closed their candy store taking all the best players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT