ADVERTISEMENT

Major changes in tigger town?

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
With Brent Venables jumping to Norman and Tony Elliott interviewing with UVA and Duke, this may well be a different off-season for Clemson. Add to that D-Rad maybe moving to Miami and Dabo entertaining offers from the Raiders makes one wonder what in the world is happening in Pickens County? This might be an all new spring practice for them, considering the amount of money being thrown at these coaches in recent days. Admittedly, Dabo and his crew have done very well the past several years, but their playoff runs have been trending downward since 2018. Every successful program hits a dry spell now and then, but there sure seems to be a pattern to get out of town as quickly as possible, doesn't it?

You realize Dabo is friends with Mark Davis and is in Vegas because of the College Football Hall of Fame induction....along with many other coaches. Where did you find info he is "entertaining offers" from them besides the pic of him with Mark Davis?

Reactions: Lakecock1
With Brent Venables jumping to Norman and Tony Elliott interviewing with UVA and Duke, this may well be a different off-season for Clemson. Add to that D-Rad maybe moving to Miami and Dabo entertaining offers from the Raiders makes one wonder what in the world is happening in Pickens County? This might be an all new spring practice for them, considering the amount of money being thrown at these coaches in recent days. Admittedly, Dabo and his crew have done very well the past several years, but their playoff runs have been trending downward since 2018. Every successful program hits a dry spell now and then, but there sure seems to be a pattern to get out of town as quickly as possible, doesn't it?
ISWYDT

Lol. The AD move to Miami was announced days ago, there's No maybe there!!!🙄 As for Datboy, where has it been reported the the Raiders are after him?

Reactions: rogue cock
Lol. The AD move to Miami was announced days ago, there's No maybe there!!!🙄 As for Datboy, where has it been reported the the Raiders are after him?
Dabo to the Raiders isn't a lot different than Tanner to AD. Not quite to the same extent, but completely different jobs.

Reactions: atl-cock
The AD stuff has not been confirmed. They are still talking as of right now nothing is a done deal. Not to say he won’t go if it works out. That’s just the current status.

What? Where has it been reported that they have courted him about job possibilities?
It hasn't that I'm aware of, and I didn't say that. I'm just pointing out that success at one doesn't have anything to do with success at the other. Coaching football in college is not the same thing as coaching football in the NFL.

I think the only reason Dabo would ever consider a move to the NFL is the financial security it would provide to his future grandchildren and great grandchildren.

It hasn't that I'm aware of, and I didn't say that. I'm just pointing out that success at one doesn't have anything to do with success at the other. Coaching football in college is not the same thing as coaching football in the NFL.
You said Datboy was entertaining offers from the Raiders.

I think the only reason Dabo would ever consider a move to the NFL is the financial security it would provide to his future grandchildren and great grandchildren.
How much does it take? He is making big money now.
I hope he stays put long enough for the Gamecocks to get some wins against him.

The AD stuff has not been confirmed. They are still talking as of right now nothing is a done deal. Not to say he won’t go if it works out. That’s just the current status.
According to 247 sports, he has been named the AD.

Very creative, BD ...

Reactions: bdblack
Pro football players dissed Spurrier so much, he said F it and moved back to college. Dabo wouldn’t fair well with guys making two to three times his salary in some cases. Legally paid players don’t give a crap about anything but performing to acceptable levels, and avoiding injury. It’s a business as much as it is a sport. NFL commish makes $40 MILLION YEARLY. Thank about that!

Reactions: atl-cock
That is correct. Although both parties are very close to an agreement, nothing has been signed off by either camp.
I don't know if Clemson is giving a counter offer, but UM intends to make him the highest paid AD should he accept.

You realize Dabo is friends with Mark Davis and is in Vegas because of the College Football Hall of Fame induction....along with many other coaches. Where did you find info he is "entertaining offers" from them besides the pic of him with Mark Davis?
Just don't see Dabo leaving. Making plenty of money and still owns the ACC. Pros are a much different game with lots of egos.

Dabo to the Raiders isn't a lot different than Tanner to AD. Not quite to the same extent, but completely different jobs.

The college game is changing now that it's going to NIL.

Dabo's specialty was that he could recruit under the table. That's being taken away. So it's back to college coaches needing to be Xs and Os.

Reactions: howard13 and TAV31
Raiders are coached by an interim coach. I imagine Mark Davis may have had a long talk with Dabo. His dad took risk on the Lane Train. He may see Dabo like a Pete Caroll

Board believes Beamer was top candidate for Oklahoma but laughs at Raiders considering highly successful college coach. How can you even think this stuff and actually not laugh. The last two elections make perfect sense in this bizarro world. LOL

Side note...I laugh at both myself but consider Dabo to Vegas to be a tad more logical.

I seriously doubt that Swinney moves to the NFL - he will stay at Clemson, but that isn't the issue. He was able to catch lightning in a bottle before with his coordinators, and they are all moving on now. The co-OC he had this past season proved he wasn't the brains of the duo that was there before, and Clemson's offense fell off the cliff. Will be interesting to see if Swinney can catch that lightning again.....

Props, plaudits and kudos to importcock, cbandsb4usc, Jon Snow, Joe Morrisonlives, roosterbell, Dr.Mickey and gamecock disciple for their eagle eyes in catching the hidden message immediately.

Carolina fans just dont get it. Clempson coaches and their fan base are experts at fueling and spreading ridiculous rumors about Carolina sports ALL THE TIME in an effort to hurt our recruiting. There has been web chatter linking Dabo and the Raiders. Gamecock Nation should spread it far and wide because it builds on the narrative that big change (legitimately true) and even turmoil (more leaving?) are happening in Pickens.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Props, plaudits and kudos to importcock, cbandsb4usc, Jon Snow, Joe Morrisonlives, roosterbell, Dr.Mickey and gamecock disciple for their eagle eyes in catching the hidden message immediately.
Yeah, I saw it and it made me smile immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT