ADVERTISEMENT

Make sure your seat belts are tight @ your air bags are functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
Folks I really believe we're in the middle of a rough 4-season stretch for Carolina football. It's gonna be tough getting back to being a top 10 team. Recruiting has been pretty bad. It's not good this year. As much as I hate to say it, Clem shows that recruiting is 80% of the game, maybe even more. Hopefully our new staff can bring in regular top tier classes beginning in 2017.

Perhaps the saddest thing of all now, though, is that in just a very short time, we're back to the mindset of, "I hope we can get bowl eligible & upset a couple of teams." Damn y'all....we were on the verge of being a regular player, but our crappy recruiting has brought us back to being Carolina that everyone else loves to beat.

Folks I really believe we're in the middle of a rough 4-season stretch for Carolina football. It's gonna be tough getting back to being a top 10 team. Recruiting has been pretty bad. It's not good this year. As much as I hate to say it, Clem shows that recruiting is 80% of the game, maybe even more. Hopefully our new staff can bring in regular top tier classes beginning in 2017.

Perhaps the saddest thing of all now, though, is that in just a very short time, we're back to the mindset of, "I hope we can get bowl eligible & upset a couple of teams." Damn y'all....we were on the verge of being a regular player, but our crappy recruiting has brought us back to being Carolina that everyone else loves to beat.
Take heart my friend, Champ has the staff to bring in the talent and coach that talent into contenders. You are basing your post on this year's recruits. With a little over six weeks to start from scratch, our coaches are doing great. What fell apart in two years can be rebuilt in two years. Clemson's ride will be over about the time we begin to rise again.

HEY MR ROD YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR RECRUITING THINGS ARE REALLY LOOKING UP IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS NOT WORLD BEATERS YET BUT HANG ON!

Time will tell, but yes, we squandered a great opportunity with 3 straight 11-win seasons. And it's understandable to be upset with Spurrier about dropping the ball.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Think this program will be bowl eligible but will be a 6-6 7-5 variety. Will lose to the teams they should lose to but be good enough to beat Vandy, Kentucky, and a few lower Tier teams. Clemson is on a different level now. There one of the active top 5 programs in the Country and rolling like no other time in their history.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger

Perhaps the saddest thing of all now, though, is that in just a very short time, we're back to the mindset of, "I hope we can get bowl eligible & upset a couple of teams." Damn y'all....we were on the verge of being a regular player, but our crappy recruiting has brought us back to being Carolina that everyone else loves to beat
Thanks Capt. Obvious!

Losing to Missouri period along with Kentucky by 4, TAM by 7, Tennessee by 3, Florida, Citadel and Clemson by 5 is all coaching...

I believe with the same players and with their new coaching staff, Muschamp would have won 10 or 11 games this year and Muschamp would have save the taters heartache by crying in November instead of today...

Losing to Missouri period along with Kentucky by 4, TAM by 7, Tennessee by 3, Florida, Citadel and Clemson by 5 is all coaching...

I believe with the same players and with their new coaching staff, Muschamp would have won 10 or 11 games this year and Muschamp would have save the taters heartache by crying in
November instead of today...

What store sells that koolaid? I want some.

What store sells that koolaid? I want some.

Don't be such an
eeyore.jpg

Why is it when those of us who are upset with what has been lost express frustration. Yes I am also excited about what Champ has done so far. Problem is we are so far behind where we should be. We are still 10th in the conference in recruiting. We will never be able to get back if that continues. I do believe champ can do it, but that does not change the fact we will not be a factor in college football for at least two years. Sorry but that hurts. Thanks OP for stating your opinion. What Spurrier did to our program at the end is a shame. He will be forever a quitter to me. I know get over it.....

Last edited:
Think this program will be bowl eligible but will be a 6-6 7-5 variety. Will lose to the teams they should lose to but be good enough to beat Vandy, Kentucky, and a few lower Tier teams. Clemson is on a different level now. There one of the active top 5 programs in the Country and rolling like no other time in their history.
We put up over 30 points on the taters with one of the worst teams & set of coaches in recent memory. Jeez you make it seem like they are unbeatable. We may not beat them next season but after that I trust CWM & his staff to have us very competitive in the east & vs the taters. It will take a couple years to clean up the mess that the previous staff created but we'll be fine.

We put up over 30 points on the taters with one of the worst teams & set of coaches in recent memory. Jeez you make it seem like they are unbeatable. We may not beat them next season but after that I trust CWM & his staff to have us very competitive in the east & vs the taters. It will take a couple years to clean up the mess that the previous staff created but we'll be fine.
We beat ourselves.

We beat ourselves.
I don't think many can deny that either, & if we had a better DC who wasn't hell bent on keeping our safeties 20 yards off the line of scrimmage we could have made a few more plays on the ball. Our defense has flat out been soft the past 3 years.

Reactions: DW4_2016
Since we hired Muschamp and we've seen a 180-degree turnaround in attitude and effort from our coaching staff. Seriously, we have NEVER had a staff working this hard at recruiting. They are tasked with a tough job and they are performing admirably. We kept our QB, we kept our top WR target, we have some AWESOME RB talent coming in, we pulled in some top-notch talent on the defense, we hired some EXCELLENT recruiters - maybe the best South Carolina will ever have. And darn it, I'm excited. There's a lot to be happy about.

But when these posts bemoaning our past and our current recruiting start up, and I start to think, "man, just let it go." And then, because I have a young daughter, that damnable song pops into my head. You know the one. So, I've started imagining these doom-and-gloom posters as Disney princesses. And, I have to say, it helps.

@Rod Dangerfield this one's for you...

let_it_go_by_impala99-d740xws.png

If they are so damn good then we must be almost as good. Even Alabama has a setback here and there.

Recruiting has been good. You don't get top 20 classes sitting on your asses. It seems like people want to propagate the idea that the last staff was just sitting around collecting a check. If you really believe that then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: PawPride
I don't think many can deny that either, & if we had a better DC who wasn't hell bent on keeping our safeties 20 yards off the line of scrimmage we could have made a few more plays on the ball. Our defense has flat out been soft the past 3 years.
I was just kidding because that's what they said for 5 years.

Why is it when those of us who are upset with what has been lost express frustration. Yes I am also excited about what Champ has done so far. Problem is we are so far behind where we should be. We are still 10th in the conference in recruiting. We will never be able to get back if that continues. I do believe champ can do it, but that does not change the fact we will not be a factor in college football for at least two years. Sorry but that hurts. Thanks OP for stating your opinion. What Spurrier did to our program at the end is a shame. He will be forever a quitter to me. I know get over it.....

Muschamp took our recruiting class ranking from somewhere around 60 to right around 35 in a very short period. We will be signing several more recruits after this weekends visitors. A top 25 class is within reach, and given where we started, and the short time this staff has had to recruit, is a small miracle. Recruiting is only part of the equation. Player development has been lacking the past couple of seasons. This new staff will get more out of the current players. We have 24 or 25 returning 4 star players on the roster, and some 3 star players that have proven they can play, so the cupboard is not as empty as many want to believe.

The funny thing, though, is while people were crying and bitching about the poor state of recruiting, WM took SOS's colostomy bag of a class from a 70-something rank to the 20s...and he's not done.

The biggest challenge we all face is for we fans to shut up and be patient. Spurrier and his staff did nothing the past two years. He even bragged about how they did not put in the work that the other "dumb" schools did. Look who is laughing now...

We should end up ranked about 28 th in recruiting which will be around 10th best in the SEC.... After the sorry performance we have seen the present team give us do you really think a 10th rated class is going to provide much if any help?

So, again, Carolina fans will have to be patient and hope over the next 3 to 4 years The Champ is the coach that Texas and Florida thought he was.
If so, we should be okay. If not, then it will not be anything new for the football program at Carolina.

images

We don't have a top 100 recruit commitment, according to ESPN. We have to many 3 stars and that won't do it.

We don't have a top 100 recruit commitment, according to ESPN. We have to many 3 stars and that won't do it.

Michigan State had a pretty decent season with a roster full of 3 star recruits. Mizzou played for the SEC Championship 2 straight seasons with a roster full of 3 stars. Player development is underrated. Many of our starters next season will probably be former 4 star recruits (we have 25 returning 4 star players), so let's see if this staff can maximize their potential.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Recruiting has been good. You don't get top 20 classes sitting on your asses.

You're right, but here's the big problem. In our conference & with Clem as our bitter rival, if you don't sign regular top 10 classes, you get left in the dust. Sincerely hope, beginning in '17, these recruiting all stars we seem to have hired can get that done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT