ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall to Bama?

I agree that he may wait a while for Cal to leave. Don't see that happening for a while. But I just don't see him at UNC or Duke. Not sure what it is with Marshall, but there is something a bit slimy behind the curtain. Has to be some reason the USC and Clemson folks wouldn't even talk to him when he was begging for the job. Not like that had superstar coaches lined up wanting either job. But UNC and Duke like that buttoned down image that he just doesn't fit.

Here's the curveball for Bama. What does Texas do if they get rid of Rick Barnes? Will Alabama really be able to outbid Texas without being the incumbent program?

Shaka Smart, Mark Few and Gregg Marshall look like examples of "You don't mess with happy."

Originally posted by Mox94:
I agree that he may wait a while for Cal to leave. Don't see that happening for a while. But I just don't see him at UNC or Duke. Not sure what it is with Marshall, but there is something a bit slimy behind the curtain. Has to be some reason the USC and Clemson folks wouldn't even talk to him when he was begging for the job. Not like that had superstar coaches lined up wanting either job. But UNC and Duke like that buttoned down image that he just doesn't fit.
Don't get it twisted. UNC and Duke like winning and are not above reproach. We're just finding out just what UNC has been capable of in the past. I wouldn't be surprised to find some dirt under Duke's rug as well. We already know they were capable of slandering our program when we were in the ACC.

There is dirt in every program. Those that don't believe it are naive. And goes back a long ways. Everyone loves to follow John Woodens "building blocks of success". All very cute. But he managed to leave out the most important block, and the one that supported all the other tenants that so many find inspiring. And tht block should have been labeled Sam Gilbert. The man that basically bought the UCLA dynasty as the grandfatherly coach looked the other way. Football and men's basketball is big business. Always has been. But now higher than ever. It is all about winning at all cost, or get fired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT