ADVERTISEMENT

Masks and social distancing are important.

Sorry, until social distancing, wearing masks, etc,. is taken seriously at protests, riots, etc, just like being out in any public place, I`m not going to worry about a virus much. I try to social distance, that`s all I`m willing to do. We need to move on and live our lives as normal as possible. If I/you/we get it, there is a very low chance it will result in death or significant symptoms. It`s real but so is the hysteria and the people not wanting things to move on and wanting to continue to instill fear in all of us. And I will not he shamed into wearing a mask, unless I am at a nursing home or hospital, where the fear is warranted, not hyped.

It's horsecrap. Covid19 is no worse than most bugs. This overreaction is ridiculous. They might as well call it the Election -Virus2020.

I finally met 2 people that tested positive for it. They said it seemed like a chest cold and got well in 3 days taking over the counter remedies. They were shocked when they tested positive. The fatalities are due to preexisting factors that compromised the victim's respiratory systems.

Sorry, until social distancing, wearing masks, etc,. is taken seriously at protests, riots, etc, just like being out in any public place, I`m not going to worry about a virus much. I try to social distance, that`s all I`m willing to do. We need to move on and live our lives as normal as possible. If I/you/we get it, there is a very low chance it will result in death or significant symptoms. It`s real but so is the hysteria and the people not wanting things to move on and wanting to continue to instill fear in all of us. And I will not he shamed into wearing a mask, unless I am at a nursing home or hospital, where the fear is warranted, not hyped.

Are you also "shamed" into brushing your teeth? Or not smoking cigarettes? All the medical field recommends it, just like wearing masks right now. If your pride is so high that basic health protocol escapes you, perhaps that is where the focus should be.

It's horsecrap. Covid19 is no worse than most bugs. This overreaction is ridiculous. They might as well call it the Election -Virus2020.

I finally met 2 people that tested positive for it. They said it seemed like a chest cold and got well in 3 days taking over the counter remedies. They were shocked when they tested positive. The fatalities are due to preexisting factors that compromised the victim's respiratory systems.
Like which bugs exactly?

Reactions: Spursupalways
I knew covid-19 was really serious when my ENT physician required his patients to wear masks, and still does. Some people have the mistaken impression that wearing masks and social distancing is to make a political statement. It's not. Rather, it is making a public health statement. For me, following CDC guidelines is wise. I am not into playing Russian Roulette with my health nor life. But, that's me. By the way, my ENT physician is a Trump supporter.

I knew covid-19 was really serious when my ENT physician required his patients to wear masks, and still does. Some people have the mistaken impression that wearing masks and social distancing is to make a political statement. It's not. Rather, it is making a public health statement. For me, following CDC guidelines is wise. I am not into playing Russian Roulette with my health nor life. But, that's me. By the way, my ENT physician is a Trump supporter.
Well, not saying your ENT wouldn’t wear a mask anyways, but we (medical field) are required to follow CDC guidelines with regards to how we serve our patients. That means taking temperatures, wearing n95 masks for certain procedures, etc. ENT and dentist are the highest risk group for exposure.

Last edited:
Well, not saying your ENT would wear a mask anyways, but we (medical field) are required to follow CDC guidelines with regards to how we serve our patients. That means taking temperatures, wearing n95 masks for certain procedures, etc. ENT and dentist are the highest risk group for exposure.
Good to know. Following CDC guidelines is the smart thing to do, whether one has a MD or a GED.

If the weak die off, then the numbers will look better. BTW, I am in the weak category.

Are you also "shamed" into brushing your teeth? Or not smoking cigarettes? All the medical field recommends it, just like wearing masks right now. If your pride is so high that basic health protocol escapes you, perhaps that is where the focus should be.
Do you eat sugar?

South Carolinians are terrible at mitigation strategies and this article, and others, are starting to point to our failure at stopping this virus.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-south-carolina-already-on-a-second-wave-of-covid-19
Agree with your basic point. Choice of article source flimsy. The Beast defends major protests and trashes those they politically disagree with. But I, and McMaster, agree with you. If people want freedom, handle it responsibly. It's clear this year we as a nation and state are unable to do that.

Fwiw, I'm high risk, I wear my mask and clean up around me.I take some very low risks.

Reactions: Spursupalways
Agree with your basic point. Choice of article source flimsy. The Beast defends major protests and trashes those they politically disagree with. But I, and McMaster, agree with you. If people want freedom, handle it responsibly. It's clear this year we as a nation and state are unable to do that.

Fwiw, I'm high risk, I wear my mask and clean up around me.I take some very low risks.

There are countless articles that support the mask and social distancing POV. I chose the one I did because I thought it was pretty accessible from many points of view.

There are countless articles that support the mask and social distancing POV. I chose the one I did because I thought it was pretty accessible from many points of view.
People don't even know when to scream, "FAKE NEWS", anymore. I have no idea what their thoughts on protesting has to do with coronavirus statistics.

Lots of talk about masks on here. Odd thing is that unless you have a mask that completely seals, and most don't, those mask I see many wearing wont stop from catching so much as the common cold. But if it makes folks feel better I guess they can take comfort. What I find amusing are the folks in a car by themselves that have mask, gloves, and the whole setup while driving. Am sure many in the government have taken note as to just how easily the public will just blindly do anything they say

Reactions: ThatsNice
Lots of talk about masks on here. Odd thing is that unless you have a mask that completely seals, and most don't, those mask I see many wearing wont stop from catching so much as the common cold. But if it makes folks feel better I guess they can take comfort. What I find amusing are the folks in a car by themselves that have mask, gloves, and the whole setup while driving. Am sure many in the government have taken note as to just how easily the public will just blindly do anything they say
I think some of that has to do with forgetting it’s on. I’ve been guilty of that.

Reactions: ShannonL
What I find amusing are the folks in a car by themselves that have mask, gloves, and the whole setup while driving.
I have been guilty of wearing a mask while driving. But, I'm leaving Target, then driving about 100-150 yards to Kroger....seems a waste of effort to take the mask off, only to put it right back on moments later.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
799 new cases today ( Sunday ). We set a new record every day.

Glad to see the employees at Harbison Lowes wearing masks but the yahoo's that shop there don't.

What a different world. I live in upstate NY and you are not allowed to go into any store without a mask, period, no discussion. Been like that for a month. If you don't like it, well, tough. You can order stuff online or go without. Nobody seems to cry about it. And yes, upstate NY is mostly conservative and can't stand Cuomo, Biden, AOC, Schumer, etc.

The point of the masks and social distancing is that the mask reduces the spread of your outgoing breath when you exhale. It redirects it down and around you to a radius of 3-4 feet, as opposed to up to 13 feet if you’re singing in church let’s say. So the mask and six feet will help prevent spread through respiratory means - which seems to be the primary way Covid is spread (as opposed to touching contaminated surfaces, which can happen, but is not as prevalent).

Well, not saying your ENT wouldn’t wear a mask anyways, but we (medical field) are required to follow CDC guidelines with regards to how we serve our patients. That means taking temperatures, wearing n95 masks for certain procedures, etc. ENT and dentist are the highest risk group for exposure.

When I had my oral surgery and my 10 day follow-up the dentist and her assistant wore masks and a plastic face shield.

Reactions: ClemDent
Who cares? We've flattened the curve. It's done. Herd immunity the best answer anyway. Covid will soon be in the back of people's minds where it belongs.

I’m not social distancing nor wearing a mask! When thousands can be embraced for protesting but people can’t go to church. Screw that overhyped

Reactions: CtownNat1ve
If you’re not aware of you’re surroundings. Then U need to wear a mask. CDC can’t assume everyone can take care of themselves. Many cannot. Like rioters and looters. Their priority is not safety.

So last week, I got a disturbing report from my stress and echo. I need a Cath, and the sooner, the better. But, I had to delay scheduling until tomorrow. Now, caths, which have been delayed in some areas depending on risk assessments during the Covid outbreak, could come under scrutiny here as our epidemic grows.

That does not make me happy.

To those of you who take this epidemic seriously, and wear your masks and manage risk, I appreciate it from my family. For those of you who think it's a joke, believe it's your right to not wear a mask or social distance, or you are proud of putting others at risk just to make a point....well...you can figure out how disapointed I am that you can't see past your nose with your mask off.

Last edited:
I’m not social distancing nor wearing a mask! When thousands can be embraced for protesting but people can’t go to church. Screw that overhyped

Apples and oranges. Church can wait. You can pray at home if you want. The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

Look at it this way... We both know better than to go outside barefoot in the winter. If you have half a brain you just don't do it. But if my house is on fire I'll grab a towel and run outside naked if I have to. It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense. OTOH, I don't think god is going to hold it against you for not going to church during a pandemic.

I've been trying my hardest to catch it since April 1st, just so I could testify about my experience with it. I would have even jogged through hospital and nursing home corridors if they would have allowed me in there. But so far, all my efforts to contract it have been unavailing. All my friends are having the same problem.

I've been trying my hardest to catch it since April 1st, just so I could testify about my experience with it. I would have even jogged through hospital and nursing home corridors if they would have allowed me in there. But so far, all my efforts to contract it have been unavailing. All my friends are having the same problem.
I drank Lysol when Trump said to.

Apples and oranges. Church can wait. You can pray at home if you want. The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

Look at it this way... We both know better than to go outside barefoot in the winter. If you have half a brain you just don't do it. But if my house is on fire I'll grab a towel and run outside naked if I have to. It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense. OTOH, I don't think god is going to hold it against you for not going to church during a pandemic.

Wrong

Reactions: Expro19
So last week, I got a disturbing report from my stress and echo. I need a Cath, and the sooner, the better. But, I had to delay scheduling until tomorrow. Now, caths, which have been delayed in some areas depending on risk assessments during the Covid outbreak, could come under scrutiny here as our epidemic grows.

That does not make me happy.

To those of you who take this epidemic seriously, and wear your masks and manage risk, I appreciate it from my family. For those of you who think it's a joke, believe it's your right to not wear a mask or social distance, or you are proud of putting others at risk just to make a point....well...you can figure out how disapointed I am that you can't see past your nose with your mask off.
That’s a tough spot to be in. For what it’s worth, my family and I wear masks and we’re careful to be responsibly whenever we’re out. I sure wish everyone would realize the best reason to wear a mask is for your fellow man, including those you love. Good luck with the cath.

Reactions: wentzel25

2 members of our church passed away last week of COVID.

You sound as foolish as I would have guessed.

That’s a tough spot to be in. For what it’s worth, my family and I wear masks and we’re careful to be responsibly whenever we’re out. I sure wish everyone would realize the best reason to wear a mask is for your fellow man, including those you love. Good luck with the cath.

I visited a bank last week. Assistant manger met customers at the door and said you wear a mask or you don’t come in to do business.

I was wearing one anyway.

Can you defend yourself if someone gets too close? Is proximity considered an assault?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT