ADVERTISEMENT

Masks and social distancing are important.

You think God won't protect people while they're worshipping? Or are you some Atheist who doesn't believe in the power of Christ? Who are you to proclaim that my first amendment right to worship as I please is less important than their first amendment right to protest?

3 words... Charleston church shooting.

And I think the right to worship as you please is just as important as the right to protest. This is a matter of intelligence. You can wisely choose to maintain social distancing to protect yourself AND others, or you can gather for a social event like the kids in Missouri who went to a pool party and then passed Covid on to many of their friends.

Religion has nothing to do with it. I’ll place my trust in a protective mask before expecting god to protect me. Otherwise why do religious people ever get sick? My religious beliefs are just as valid as yours. I’ll still put science and humanity over any deity.

I'm not saying that businesses have to close because of this virus. However, we don't have to be stupid about it.

When a business says shirt and shoes required, then wear a shirt and shoes or don't go in. If they say wear a mask, wear a damn mask. If you don't want to follow a businesses rules, designed to keep the employees and customers safe, then don't go there.

If you're worried about the lack of funds available to keep a business afloat during this time, check with the government. They signed a $2.5 TRILLION relief package to help individuals and businesses in need. That's money they've collected from us, the taxpayers, over the years to help in this type of situation. If it wasn't enough, I suggest you look into where trump spent $500 BILLION of that money but won't say where it went and won't allow the treasury department to divulge that information. $500 BILLION that's supposed to be helping these small businesses stay afloat. Where is that money?

And a protest is a protest. It's not a 4th of July parade or a trip to the beach. The protesters are pissed because of several unjustified murders that have gained worldwide attention. The protest wasn't set for a certain date, it occurred as an immediate reaction to specific events. If you can't see the difference between a protest over murder and a holiday get-together, then you really need to look at yourself and figure out what's wrong.
Huh, Either it's safe for people to protest and go back to work or it's not... Legitimate protester's are either risking other people's lives or they aren't... There is no in between.. If someone catches the virus because of the protest, do you think they are going to say, " Oh, it's ok that I got it from protesters the protest are legitimate".

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
Like it or not, businesses WILL have to close permanently. And they already have, in droves. It’ll get worse. Restaurants will die a slow death being limited to 25% capacity, as some are. “Non-essential” businesses aren’t all getting a piece of the relief fund, because it was spent so quickly. I agree, the gov should be saying where that $500 billion went, but they should also be pointing out where Pelosi demanded hundreds of billions to be wasted.

None of my discussion has anything to do with required shoes, shirts, or masks to enter a business.

You’re conflating holiday get togethers with hundreds of thousands of protestors mingling together in close quarters, not to mention the thousands of protestors using anger as an excuse to steal, loot, destroy, and burn.

And people like you think that’s fine. I think it’s actually you who needs to look at yourself and figure what’s wrong.
EXACTLY!!!!

THAT is what they're PROTESTING! That and being shot while jogging or lying prone on the ground or after being stopped for a traffic violation. Shit man, do you have NO IDEA why these protests have been happening??? And if your life is worse because you have to pray at home instead of going to a specific building every Sunday then your religion is seriously effed up! So far I've heard no one say that the protests were not a significant Covid risk but I think the reason for the protests outweighs the reason for going to the beach on Memorial Day or going to church. Most of us go to the grocery store because we need food to survive so THAT'S out of the equation. Risking the health of hundreds of people just to sit and worship together would not make any caring religious figure happy. If you think your god is going to be upset because you have to stay home to protect others during a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC, then your god sucks.
So it's Ok if the protesters are killing people who are following the rules because their cause is just? Please.

Apples and oranges. Church can wait. You can pray at home if you want. The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

Look at it this way... We both know better than to go outside barefoot in the winter. If you have half a brain you just don't do it. But if my house is on fire I'll grab a towel and run outside naked if I have to. It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense. OTOH, I don't think god is going to hold it against you for not going to church during a pandemic.
You say they are out there because they are willing to take that risk. Why is it Ok for them to risk other people's lives that are not at the protests and doing what they are told.? It's not. If they can risk other's lives then so can business owners.

Reactions: Lurker123
Oh just saw the HUGE crowd, packed like sardines, at the LGBQT rally in D.C.(?) over the weekend. Hmmm? Don`t recall the MSM shaming them for possibly spreading the virus. But weakling Cuomo came out strong today threatening the common person going about their business with arrest or something sinister.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
It's horsecrap. Covid19 is no worse than most bugs. This overreaction is ridiculous. They might as well call it the Election -Virus2020.

I finally met 2 people that tested positive for it. They said it seemed like a chest cold and got well in 3 days taking over the counter remedies. They were shocked when they tested positive. The fatalities are due to preexisting factors that compromised the victim's respiratory systems.

Some things you a have to remember:
1. The comorbidity that you are talking about is also present in the deaths associated with the other "bugs" you mentioned.
2. The death rates of the other "bugs" occurred without mitigation efforts in place.
3. I don't recall seeing NYC ever putting bodies in refrigerated trucks because of the flu or other "bugs".
4. You have met two people who tested positive and didn't feel sick. I have no doubt that is true, but that is called anecdote, not data.

I’m not social distancing nor wearing a mask! When thousands can be embraced for protesting but people can’t go to church. Screw that overhyped

Apples and oranges. Church can wait. You can pray at home if you want. The protests are a response to something that just happened. People are pissed and are willing to take a risk to show how much we need change. And yes, most of the protesters ARE wearing masks.

Look at it this way... We both know better than to go outside barefoot in the winter. If you have half a brain you just don't do it. But if my house is on fire I'll grab a towel and run outside naked if I have to. It's a reaction to a current situation where you judge what risks are worth taking. The protesters are fed up with unfair treatment and are demanding change now! Waiting 6 months or a year until it's safe to be in a crowd would make no sense. OTOH, I don't think god is going to hold it against you for not going to church during a pandemic.

Maybe people can also take a knee at home, right? Are you cool with that?

As I stated in my post, "the majority of the mask that are being worn will not stop the spread of anything."
I've also taught respiratory training and have been qualified in multiple types. Your post above is not fact based.
One of the ways you stop the spread is to minimize the spread. Implying that unless someone has 100% protection they cannot stop, is like saying unless your brakes immediately stop your car, you cannot stop.
Any kind of mask helps to minimize the spread, with the more effective types obviously working better.
It don't take a rocket scientist to understand a 25% reduction in droplets or aerosols is a 25% reduction in droplets or aerosols, and reduces the risk.

The question that needs to be asked and hopefully answered, is will a 25% reduction in spread, eventually slow the virus down enough that it eventually dies off?
There are a few countries that have already eliminated the CV.

Last edited:
Maybe people can also take a knee at home, right? Are you cool with that?

Interesting comparison. The person taking a knee is doing so to make a silent protest that others will see and hopefully respond to by discussing an issue. It needs to be seen to make a difference. Are you telling me that god doesn’t know if you pray at home or is it that a person needs to be seen at church to prove their religious convictions? Sorry, just trying to understand the importance of going to a physical church when health and safety are such a big concern.

Wow, nice guy goes bad. Satire is the tool of those who have very little to say is it not? That right thar is yer fancy thinking for ya. I even included the post I was referring too.

Your short posting game is hurting.

Ouch!, It's like a pin prick, but does no real damage.

Be nice.....

Well, King fancies himself as a bit smarter than most. But reality is obviously quite different. That’s his real problem.

I've also taught respiratory training and have been qualified in multiple types. Your post above is not fact based.
One of the ways you stop the spread is to minimize the spread. Implying that unless someone has 100% protection they cannot stop, is like saying unless your brakes immediately stop your car, you cannot stop.
Any kind of mask helps to minimize the spread, with the more effective types obviously working better.
It don't take a rocket scientist to understand a 25% reduction in droplets or aerosols is a 25% reduction in droplets or aerosols, and reduces the risk.

The question that needs to be asked and hopefully answered, is will a 25% reduction in spread, eventually slow the virus down enough that it eventually dies off?
There are a few countries that have already eliminated the CV.

It's not fact based? Please tell me what I said that wasn't factual... of course anything is better than nothing. As I stated the only one that will truly protect you is an N95 Surgical mask, which if you have facial hair or not worn properly isn't going to give you the proper seal around the mask, will it prevent it more so than a homemade bandanna/t-shirt mask? Absolutely. The homemade mask that people are wearing as you said will reduce it slightly, but your exposure level isn't dropped significantly due to the fact that the mask are porous and don't truly seal around your face. Equate the difference in the mask to wearing sunscreen, wearing SPF 10 will help you not get burnt to some degree, but if you wear SPF 60, it's going to protect you more.

South Carolinians are terrible at mitigation strategies and this article, and others, are starting to point to our failure at stopping this virus.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-south-carolina-already-on-a-second-wave-of-covid-19

Thankfully, businesses can make people wear masks and social distance because they can tell customers to leave or refuse to serve them.

I see plenty not wearing them and I see plenty wearing them. I stopped by my bank last week and a mask was required for entry, which was fine.

Reactions: ShannonL
It's not fact based? Please tell me what I said that wasn't factual... of course anything is better than nothing. As I stated the only one that will truly protect you is an N95 Surgical mask, which if you have facial hair or not worn properly isn't going to give you the proper seal around the mask, will it prevent it more so than a homemade bandanna/t-shirt mask? Absolutely. The homemade mask that people are wearing as you said will reduce it slightly, but your exposure level isn't dropped significantly due to the fact that the mask are porous and don't truly seal around your face. Equate the difference in the mask to wearing sunscreen, wearing SPF 10 will help you not get burnt to some degree, but if you wear SPF 60, it's going to protect you more.

we agree , mostly.

The average person doesn’t need to wear an N95 mask unless they are in direct contact with someone that has tested positive. Even then, physical distancing is preferable, but isn’t always possible, especially in health care settings.

the CDC still recommends cloth face coverings. They aren’t doing that for fashion. They do that because it lowers the risk of spreading the virus. Of course it doesn’t eliminate the risk. Any reduction in the risk is helpful.

However" terrible" I am as a writer, I have you pegged. Like many of your ilk, you use snide excess in an attempt to disarm those you view as adversaries. It won't work with me. When you acquire some substance, bring it on.

Nah, like many, you just make up silly stuff. It’s ok. It’s you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT