ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Basketball Game

I'm not ready to crown either one of them but I will say Paris has put together a much better team than he had last year!
I have been trying to tell people that all summer. The portal additions will really make a difference this year.

Reactions: rock cock doc
If only Gray and Verdonk had an ounce of offensive ability, this team could be amazing.

A good win with a lot of contributors. Won every statistical category. Stutte brings a nice game to our Gamecocks.
VMI and DePaul on tap next week.

Reactions: Cybercock
Got to beat VMI tonight. We can’t lay an egg versus a program that is struggling to find players. I expect an up-tempo game and hope we are on fire on the home court.

I have been trying to tell people that all summer. The portal additions will really make a difference this year.

Certainly not arguing. But, it makes my uneducated butt think in terms of 'Coaching' and 'Teamwork'. ..... Can't tell I'm an old Fart can you?

I am excited! SERIOUSLY, we might go DANCING!!!

Last edited:
Is anybody here at the game? How do we look? I can’t get a clear picture on espn+ so I cut it off. Aggravating. Are you there, cybercock?

Is anybody here at the game? How do we look? I can’t get a clear picture on espn+ so I cut it off. Aggravating. Are you there, cybercock?
No..
Following it as best I can on app.
Looks like we can't pull away and are giving up points in streaks.
Probably a win but not a blowout as hoped.

Reactions: Neanderthal
A win is a win but they did leave a lot of points on the court.
Should have won by 20 or more. But they are 3-0 .
This team has a great deal of potential.

I’m not ready to anoint this team as arrived by any stretch. The Clemson game will be judgement day for them.

I am encouraged over the VT win. But the ACC is overrated based on its history and this year it has a ton of bad teams. Notre Dame would be a nice win in name only. They’re one of the disasters. Mike Young is a good coach so the win over VT is a good one and I hope it springboards us to many more.

I am encouraged by the potential of having a winning record moving into the conference slate. Seems like forever since we have been able to say that. This team seems to have better chemistry than last years group.

I noticed two sources of frustration in this game that we have to work on to mature as a team. Players got down on themselves because shots weren't falling. They, also, seemed to get irritated by the VMI hustling, never say die attitude about midway through the second half. I get it. We were more talented and VMI stood no chance of winning. However, you have to respond to a team's energy or you will be in competitive games when you don't need to be. The trapping with 8 seconds left, down 10 was a bit much though. However, I guess the VMI coach is trying to build a culture.

Reactions: Ward Jr
These next 5 games of non-con play should tell us a good bit in terms of what to expect.

Breaking even in the SEC this year would be quite an advancement over last season.

I’m not ready to anoint this team as arrived by any stretch. The Clemson game will be judgement day for them.

I am encouraged over the VT win. But the ACC is overrated based on its history and this year it has a ton of bad teams. Notre Dame would be a nice win in name only. They’re one of the disasters. Mike Young is a good coach so the win over VT is a good one and I hope it springboards us to many more.

I am encouraged by the potential of having a winning record moving into the conference slate. Seems like forever since we have been able to say that. This team seems to have better chemistry than last years group.
Yes... note Dame lost to Western Carolina at home.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Good to see we're coming up with some victories before conference play. That was one thing that bothered me most about Frank Martin. He didn't seem to care as much about the pre-conference schedule. That philosophy ended up biting us in the end more than once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT