ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Heat sign Chris Silva!

giphy.gif

This is an Exhibit 10 Contract similar to what PJ signed with the Mavs a couple years ago. He gets $50,000 to come to training camp in hopes of making the team or getting a Two-Way Deal.

Does making the G league team in Sioux Falls guarantee a two way contract. I was under the impression it did not. Wasn’t PJ on the G league roster prior to going on the 2 way deal with Boston?

His journey to owning the NBA foul record is underway!

I am happy for his hardworking paying off, his D-fence will be different in a league that seldom plays D

Reactions: howard13
Does making the G league team in Sioux Falls guarantee a two way contract. I was under the impression it did not. Wasn’t PJ on the G league roster prior to going on the 2 way deal with Boston?
No. A Two-Way Contract is actually a member of the NBA team that is limited to only 45 days of play. He goes between the big club and G- League depending on injuries/need. An Exhibit 10 deal is designed as incentive to keeping a player in the States. They invite you to camp. You might make the team. You may end up with one of the 2 Two-Way Deals. Finally, they may pay you the $50,000.00 and send you down to their G-League affiliate for the year. It's a vehicle to keeping you around. PJ was a Two-Way guy for OKC and Boston.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gradstudent
Chris Silva is an awesome young man. We were fortunate to have him here. Great student (graduate), never in police blotted, improved his game and has signed a contract going to the NBA just as he stated he would. Man, I hope we have a few more like Chris Silva on the team.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
What is the status of PJ's contract? Is he still on a 2-way contract or is he a F.A.?
PJ is a Free Agent right now. He is on Philadelphia's summer league team and getting good playing time. Someone will probably at least bring him into camp. However, his situation will probably go into August as it did last year.

Reactions: viennacocks
PJ is a Free Agent right now. He is on Philadelphia's summer league team and getting good playing time. Someone will probably at least bring him into camp. However, his situation will probably go into August as it did last year.
Thanks. This is going to be his third year out of school. He needs to make something happen if he wants the big bucks.

Don't see that happening. If he were going to make a splash, would have happened by now. Best thing he can do at this point is to hopefully latch onto a roster for a few years and get a decent pay check for a couple years.

Most likely on his way to G League, is what Exhibit 10 means.

Exhibit 10 is part of the 2017 CBA agreement

Exhibit 10 attachments allow players to earn a bonus of $5,000 to $50,000 in the event that they are waived by the NBA team, then sign a deal with that franchise’s G League affiliate* and remain with that affiliate team for 60 days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT