ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Nesmith of The Monkees has passed away at 78.

Sad....Michael was talented!

Those guys took advantage of a showbusiness opportunity and it served them well.

Reactions: Stormcobra
Very sad. I think he and Mickey still had a tour planned. TV show was very entertaining back in the day and they had a lot of great songs. I think Mike was the only one proficient playing when the group was formed but Peter & Mickey learned well. I don`t recall Davy playing much other than the tambourine and similar things.

Reactions: rogue cock
Very sad. I think he and Mickey still had a tour planned. TV show was very entertaining back in the day and they had a lot of great songs. I think Mike was the only one proficient playing when the group was formed but Peter & Mickey learned well. I don`t recall Davy playing much other than the tambourine and similar things.
Very true. And Mickey Dolenz was the only one of the 4 to have acting experience, as he starred in the mid-1950s TV show, "Circus Boy" with Noah Beery Jr, (who played the legendary James Garner's Dad in the 1970's "Rockford Files" show).

Watched them growing up. Good stuff. He took The Last Train To Clarksville, or wherever. RIP.

RIP Mike Nesmith. He took advantage of cable television when it first started in the late 1970s, and created a music video show called PopClips for Nickelodeon that later was turned into the iconic MTV. A folk/country music writer, Nesmith wrote this song for Linda Ronstadt before he became a member of the Monkeys:

Always loved to watch their show rerun on Nickelodeon when I was younger. So sorry to hear this.

If I remember correctly, I think his mom invented White Out.

Yep, and sold the invention to 3M...

I haven't used White Out in the last 35 years, is it still being used or did they stop using it when people starting using computers over typewriters???

This is a Typewriter for those how haven't been born before 1988... My first home computer was about 1989

15FYI-SUB-superJumbo.jpg

Yep, and sold the invention to 3M...

I haven't used White Out in the last 35 years, is it still being used or did they stop using it when people starting using computers over typewriters???

This is a Typewriter for those how haven't been born before 1988... My first home computer was about 1989

15FYI-SUB-superJumbo.jpg
LOL. And, yes, White-Out is still being used.

Sa
Saw them when my dad was stationed at Clark Air Base P.I. 1967, 68, 69; can't remember exact year.

They came out as a band and played 3-4 songs, then each one came out individually and did some songs with a backup band. As a band, they weren't bad actually; pretty close to some of the other TV type bands I saw during that time frame, i.e. Paul Revere and the Raiders, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, etc, although it was always hard to tell with the screaming girls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT