ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch likely to be out for the season.

I wonder if Mitch was in 5 Points Saturday night? As I have heard many times over from a couple folks inside the program, partying and girls seem to be his priority. Don't know how much that affects his play or study of the game per se, but he seems to have the talent and tools, maybe not the desire? A bit Stephen Garcia-ish if you will.

I wonder if Mitch was in 5 Points Saturday night? As I have heard many times over from a couple folks inside the program, partying and girls seem to be his priority. Don't know how much that affects his play or study of the game per se, but he seems to have the talent and tools, maybe not the desire? A bit Stephen Garcia-ish if you will.

No he was not in 5 points. Everyone needs to lay off him.

Reactions: Pruittmatt44
Mitch is a great gamecock. I am sure it will come out how tough he is. Those picking on him have no clue. Please give it a rest and support him as he hopefully heals up as soon as possible.
Shaw was a great gamecock... Lattimore was a great gamecock.

Mitch is just a gamecock with 2 starts, both bad performances. Its ok to realize someone isn't any good... Because he isn't.

I don't understand for the life of my how anyone could still want him to start or play at any point in the future.

I don't wish ill will towards him but reality is that he's not really that good.

Sometimes giving your all isn't good enough, and this is business. He's not a good college qb, may can learn to be one but not at Carolinas expense anymore... We nearly lost to ncar and did lose to ky jelly. Nuff said. Time for him and Carolina to move on. Sticking with him dooms the season. Anyone should see that.

I can't for the life of me understand why people can't call a spade a spade on this forum. I agree with you 100%. It's nothing against Mitch and I hate that he was injured. The fact is that he's just not a very good QB. We all watched both games and it was painful. Every time he threw the ball I cringed. We just won't succeed with him (this year at least) if he starts any more games.

Shaw was a great gamecock... Lattimore was a great gamecock.

Mitch is just a gamecock with 2 starts, both bad performances. Its ok to realize someone isn't any good... Because he isn't.

I don't understand for the life of my how anyone could still want him to start or play at any point in the future.

I don't wish ill will towards him but reality is that he's not really that good.

I never said he should start or that he is some great player like Lattimore. But to judge him on 2 games, in which he was injured severely makes us look like assholes as a fanbase.
I don't know if he ever takes a snap here again, but it amazes me how we forget what Shaw, Garcia, etc looked like in their first starts and how many on this board said Shaw was horrible. Usually I let our idiots ramble on, but in this case, I think it best we shut-up and let things play out. Ortho and Nunez are our QBs right now, and I believe they are our best chance to win at this point. I am sure this board will quickly turn on them, however, as mistakes are on the way. We have no playmakers to get the ball to and our WRs can't get open and can't catch anyway. It will not matter who is at the QB position, as our team is not any good. Brace yourself for 5 wins MAX, and more likely 4 wins. Also, this will be the worst recruiting class top to bottom in years. ( Does this make me legit as a fan on this board because I call a spade a spade?)

I am merely saying that Mitch is a tough kid and tried his best to play injured in game 1 and game 2. Let's move on.

I never said he should start or that he is some great player like Lattimore. But to judge him on 2 games, in which he was injured severely makes us look like assholes as a fanbase.
I don't know if he ever takes a snap here again, but it amazes me how we forget what Shaw, Garcia, etc looked like in their first starts and how many on this board said Shaw was horrible. Usually I let our idiots ramble on, but in this case, I think it best we shut-up and let things play out. Ortho and Nunez are our QBs right now, and I believe they are our best chance to win at this point. I am sure this board will quickly turn on them, however, as mistakes are on the way. We have no playmakers to get the ball to and our WRs can't get open and can't catch anyway. It will not matter who is at the QB position, as our team is not any good. Brace yourself for 5 wins MAX, and more likely 4 wins. Also, this will be the worst recruiting class top to bottom in years. ( Does this make me legit as a fan on this board because I call a spade a spade?)

I am merely saying that Mitch is a tough kid and tried his best to play injured in game 1 and game 2. Let's move on.
I remember Tommy Beecher in his first start too, maybe we should have stuck with him?

I remember Tommy Beecher in his first start too, maybe we should have stuck with him?

Wow...great comparison. Are you mentally challenged in reading comprehension? Did I say that anywhere? Btw, Beecher QB rating of 16 with 4 INTs....not even close. And he was replaced by the great Chris Smelley.

My point was to lay off the guy...apparently, they almost had to open him up sunday due to internal bleeding. Meanwhile, a few of our loser fans who couldn't take the field healthy, more or less with internal bleeding, feel the need to bash him.

Y'all pile on if you like, but it does not help our cause. (Our cause being a smooth transition from HBC to a young, energentic, coach who still can recruit and does not have a son old enough to coach with him.)

Wow...great comparison. Are you mentally challenged in reading comprehension? Did I say that anywhere? Btw, Beecher QB rating of 16 with 4 INTs....not even close. And he was replaced by the great Chris Smelley.

My point was to lay off the guy...apparently, they almost had to open him up sunday due to internal bleeding. Meanwhile, a few of our loser fans who couldn't take the field healthy, more or less with internal bleeding, feel the need to bash him.

Y'all pile on if you like, but it does not help our cause. (Our cause being a smooth transition from HBC to a young, energentic, coach who still can recruit and does not have a son old enough to coach with him.)
That's the most idiotic thing you could possibly say here. Nothing you or I do on here will determine who takes over after Spurrier. Money will though.

Mitch shouldn't have been out there in the first place, that's my point.

How can our coaches not know who the best qb is... It sure as he'll wasn't Mitch, and if he was allowed to play injured, that makes the coaches decision even worse when his backup is better in the first place.

I have nothing against Mitch and I'm sure he is a great kid. I hope he heals up soon. Now saying that I really don't see how anyone with 2 eyes cant see he is not a good fit for our offense right now. It wasn't like we were playing 2 great defenses either. Some need to face it right now with our harder games coming up that Orth is a better option and will be the rest of the season. Some are saying Nunez but i really don't think he is ready especially in the passing game. I really wish we could get him on the field and try him out as a slot reciever.

Reactions: shorecock
No knock on Mitch, but I really like Orth's sort of laid back, confident approach. After hearing his most recent interview, it was clear he is ready to play.

No knock on Mitch, but I really like Orth's sort of laid back, confident approach. After hearing his most recent interview, it was clear he is ready to play.

Agreed. He looked great right up until he had a chance to win the game for us.

Mitch had a chance...Orth performed better with less prep and less snaps with the 1st unit. It is what it is...Orth has earned the top spot.

That's life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT