ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp’s offense can not win games!

svjkn3

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2019
Only chance he has as a coach to win a decent game as a head coach is that his defense holds the other team under 20 points and maybe his defense also scores a touchdown.

Game 1 - 20 points L
Game 3 - 23 points L
Game 4 - 14 points L
Game 5 - 24 points W
Game 6 - 10 points W ( D-Score ) ( 3 in OT )
Game 7 - 20 points L ( Late TD )

But if he could figure out how to score more points on offense like at least 35 a game he could be a great coach like Saban and Dabo.

Reactions: Cbreezy33
Only chance he has as a coach to win a decent game as a head coach is that his defense holds the other team under 20 points and maybe his defense also scores a touchdown.

Game 1 - 20 points L
Game 3 - 23 points L
Game 4 - 14 points L
Game 5 - 24 points W

But if he could figure out how to score more points on offense like at least 35 a game he could be a great coach like Saban and Dabo.

Ahh, shut the blank up!,,

There is no doubt he knows how to coach defense and recruit!!!

There is no reason to be mad at Muschamp today. Other days I wouldn't say that but not today. He had us in this game with a chance to win it until the refs took over!

Fact is, he brought the same offense he ran at Florida. That didn’t work and he changed OC. Like him or not, Muschamp has allowed his offense to step outside what he did at Florida. Hurry up, sling it all over the place...not what a defensive guy likes. But he has allowed it to happen.

Not that we are an offense be juggernaut, but he has changed his offensive philosophy.

We never rolled the pocket today. We never attempted a screen pass. Please please please hire someone not so simple minded offensivewise

Yep. No misdirection. Nothing.

And even though we could line up and just run it down their throat, we decided not to do that too at critical times of the game.

Seriously, why do you people blame the OC for the players non execution? Ryan left at least 14 points on the field in the first half, overthrowing wr that were 4yards open. That game should've easily been 24-10 at half time.

He was terrible today, overthrew a lot of open guys. The UF QB made some bad throws but in the end he was the better QB today. We had poor execution for sure but I cannot overlook the crazy play calling. Can we not throw short passes, does it always have to be 40 years? We run the ball down the field then they to throw a pass and get stuffed. Can we throw to a TE? Lot's of work to be done...

Being from Cali maybe Hilinski has never played in the rain?

Reactions: Jpcooper
Being from Cali maybe Hilinski has never played in the rain?

If only today was the first time he's struggled to hit open receivers. He has proven he can make those throws, but for whatever reason, he has a tendency to come out over-throwing. That's on him. But our staff's inability to get him settled down is on the staff. Whether it's giving him some shorter pass plays early on to get him some confidence or sitting him for a series, they seem unable to make the adjustments necessary to settle him down.

Reactions: Jpcooper

Game 1 - 20 points L
Game 3 - 23 points L
Game 4 - 14 points L
Game 5 - 24 points W

Why did you leave out Game 2?

If only today was the first time he's struggled to hit open receivers. He has proven he can make those throws, but for whatever reason, he has a tendency to come out over-throwing. That's on him. But our staff's inability to get him settled down is on the staff. Whether it's giving him some shorter pass plays early on to get him some confidence or sitting him for a series, they seem unable to make the adjustments necessary to settle him down.

Better blocking might make him more comfortable in the pocket. I am not sure why we cannot roll him out more though?

Reactions: 92Pony

Game 1 - 20 points L
Game 3 - 23 points L
Game 4 - 14 points L
Game 5 - 24 points W

Can’t win in the SEC without a duel-threat QB.

Reactions: cockyboyjae
Seriously, why do you people blame the OC for the players non execution? Ryan left at least 14 points on the field in the first half, overthrowing wr that were 4yards open. That game should've easily been 24-10 at half time.
Hilinski did miss those throws but come on. We always only score only like 20 points a game. Every game. That’s why.

Reactions: broken_cock_
Can’t win in the SEC without a duel-threat QB.
Yeah but you can beat the SEC Chanpion without a dual threat QB—see last years National title game.

I don’t think Tua is defined as a dual threat QB. He’s just mobile but he’s a pocket passer.

I love the pulling guards. The run action has been superior to previous years.

I hate the passing setup. It’s just too predictable.

Their corner blitz destroyed us.

Hilinski did miss those throws but come on. We always only score only like 20 points a game. Every game. That’s why.
Name the last time we have had good qb play and good run blocking in the same game? That's why we struggle. Bmac, while definitely not Steve Spurrier, has called mostly good games. Our players leave points on the field. Drops, overthrows, etc..

I think Muschamp just tells Bmac what to do too much. Actually think it won’t matter who he would bring in because he won’t let them call every play how they want.
Just curious, is this public knowledge?..not a knock on you but I haven't heard this said by Muschamp or any other coach or AD staff member. It may explain things, but I'm thinking it's all on the OC.
I think Muschamp just tells Bmac what to do too much. Actually think it won’t matter who he would bring in because he won’t let them call every play how they want.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT