ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
The guy is a great interview. Good personality, entertaining, well spoken and informative. He's a good recruiter for some of the same reasons. He also knows how to coach defense. But is he head coach material? We aren't the first school to ask this question. Jury is still out imo. If we wanted to win 5-6 games a year then we could have hired Steve Spurrier Jr or Sean Elliott as coach.

Last edited:
The guy is a great interview. Good personality, entertaining, well spoken and informative. He's a good recruiter for some of the same reasons. He also knows how to coach defense. But is he head coach material? We aren't the first school to ask this question. Jury is still out imo. If we wanted to win 5-6 games a year then we could have hired Steve Spurrier Jr or Sean Elliott as coach.

Champ should pack his bags. So should RT. period.

Let me just say this, seems like good HC candidates rise to the top quickly. I could never interview a coach and tell you if he is good or bad, and as many armchair coaches there are on this site without a clue, they could not either! That said, my premise is good HCs go that direction usually at a young career, they don't normally get through Head-coach-in-waiting and other D1 coaching jobs then all the sudden become all world coaches. Very few digress to coordinator again then become great. Normally if they digress they go to a group 5 or FCS before they debut back in D1. Just an observation, maybe Champ turns the tide?

Reactions: The Cool Cock
Let me just say this, seems like good HC candidates rise to the top quickly. I could never interview a coach and tell you if he is good or bad, and as many armchair coaches there are on this site without a clue, they could not either! That said, my premise is good HCs go that direction usually at a young career, they don't normally get through Head-coach-in-waiting and other D1 coaching jobs then all the sudden become all world coaches. Very few digress to coordinator again then become great. Normally if they digress they go to a group 5 or FCS before they debut back in D1. Just an observation, maybe Champ turns the tide?
Well I mean I guess you could look at Ed Orgeron. Lifetime assistant that was a disaster at Ole Miss, had a good interim run at SC and is doing great at LSU now.

Please post your resume for head coach & it will be forwarded to Tanner shortly. Go have another drink and blow off the steam. Tomorrow will be another another day. Everything will be OK.

Well I mean I guess you could look at Ed Orgeron. Lifetime assistant that was a disaster at Ole Miss, had a good interim run at SC and is doing great at LSU now.
Love that guy!!! Sometimes maybe it's environment, who's Cajun momma wouldn't send their kid to play for him! LA has pretty much a monopoly on great talent in La. Not sure he is proven yet, we will see. I think he has a little more to go before he gets any crowns.

Reactions: Brace1
Love that guy!!! Sometimes maybe it's environment, who's Cajun momma wouldn't send their kid to play for him! LA has pretty much a monopoly on great talent in La. Not sure he is proven yet, we will see. I think he has a little more to go before he gets any crowns.

^^ Tater

I'm still willing to stick with Muschamp....I may not feel that way come end of season but for now that's my take even after our game tonight.
It's hard to even explain why I feel that way but I do

Reactions: Garnetskies
Agree. Herman is looking good at Tex. I posted not long ago that great coaches make their mark almost immediately.

If it's acceptable to make $3.5 mill for never beating UGA, UK, A&M or Clemson, I may just apply. I bet I can match those results.
I think there is catch to pulling down the $3.5 mil for not beating UGA, A&M or Clemson. You have to get the job FIRST. Where is your resume?????? I sure Tanner is receptive to the immense talent on this board (yours or others) that will take over for Muschanp for a song and a dance. Can you sing? Or dance?

I have before posted that Muschamp is the hardest working man in college football. Maybe I am wrong but he is working his ass off on recruiting. Do you expend that energy? What are your qualifications that top that?

All his great recruiting was done at big name football institutions. So he hasn’t proved anything in recruiting imo, I could recruit to Texas and Auburn as an assistant; those schools sell themselves. He didn’t recruit well at Florida nor here at USC.. his best players were already in place!

I think there is catch to pulling down the $3.5 mil for not beating UGA, A&M or Clemson. You have to get the job FIRST. Where is your resume?????? I sure Tanner is receptive to the immense talent on this board (yours or others) that will take over for Muschanp for a song and a dance. Can you sing? Or dance?

I have before posted that Muschamp is the hardest working man in college football. Maybe I am wrong but he is working his ass off on recruiting. Do you expend that energy? What are your qualifications that top that?
Hard working recruiter doesn't mean he can coach and his history shows that he can't . We are what we are and muschamp ain't a head coach

BWHAAAAAA! Get used to it Cock!

You really believe a "Stoops" is gonna stay at Ky jelly? Hwhahahahahaha...... back at ya'. KY jelly will return to the doormat of the SEC E soon enough. As soon as a proven coach like Stoops takes a better job. Literally....any job.

Where is Tanner’s resume? His azz should be in the dug out according to his resume

How do you know he’s the hardest worker

All his great recruiting was done at big name football institutions. So he hasn’t proved anything in recruiting imo, I could recruit to Texas and Auburn as an assistant; those schools sell themselves. He didn’t recruit well at Florida nor here at USC.. his best players were already in place!
Fake News. He had great classes at FL, including very good QBs. He's a recruiter for sure.

Let's worry about a replacement in two years.

Not happy, but last search didn't go well. Actually it was a debacle.

For better or worse, let this whole thing play out. Not optimistic at all.

You know looking at this schedule, I can actually see us going 3-8.

Next year could be a lot worse. Maybe not by wins and losses, but by epic lossees.

But so be it. No prospective coach will be able to say we don't give guys a fair shake at the job.

Another thing that is starting to bug me though is that Muschamp supposedly is a great recruiter and defensive coach. These players don't look any better than the ones Spurrier brought in at the end of his career.

It is what it is though. But right now I'd say the next coach is going to have to rebuild, it doesn't look like a case of him leaving a solid roster waiting for a guy with the magic touch to do great things with.

Nah, not Orgeron. I'd rather have Stoops. Fact is, the dude's got it going on in KY.

You really believe a "Stoops" is gonna stay at Ky jelly? Hwhahahahahaha...... back at ya'. KY jelly will return to the doormat of the SEC E soon enough. As soon as a proven coach like Stoops takes a better job. Literally....any job.

Where exactly do you think he's going to go? That has;

-SEC $?
-SEC Facilities?
-Isn't a lateral move?
-Isn't already a dumpster fire?
-Doesn't have an impatient, pissed-off fan base?

But, I can see why SC fans would want him to leave. He's beaten you 5 of 6 times he's played you.

Where exactly do you think he's going to go? That has;

-SEC $?
-SEC Facilities?
-Isn't a lateral move?
-Isn't already a dumpster fire?
-Doesn't have an impatient, pissed-off fan base?

But, I can see why SC fans would want him to leave. He's beaten you 5 of 6 times he's played you.
Trust me Jarhead, IF we wanted Stoops, it be pretty damned easy hire from KY. A "lateral" move from KY would be equal to Duke and Chapel Hell at best, probably more like Loiusville. In regards to our facilities, why they rank right up with very best, as does our fanbase. No, we're not UGAly nor LSU, Bama nor AU, but we're sure as hell right up there with/ aTm, UF and ahead of Arky, UT, Ol' Miss, MSU, Missouri and for damned sure KY!

Trust me Jarhead, IF we wanted Stoops, it be pretty damned easy hire from KY. A "lateral" move from KY would be equal to Duke and Chapel Hell at best, probably more like Loiusville. In regards to our facilities, why they rank right up with very best, as does our fanbase. No, we're not UGAly nor LSU, Bama nor AU, but we're sure as hell right up there with/ aTm, UF and ahead of Arky, UT, Ol' Miss, MSU, Missouri and for damned sure KY!

The last five years not withstanding...

The last five years not withstanding...
ZACTLY!! Which is why change may be implicable to at least reachieve our position as it was in 2014!

Oh, and Thank You for being in The Corps!! Both my boys are in The Army, and both are stationed right there at Pearl Harbor - whatever the name of that Army base there is!!

ZACTLY!! Which is why change may be implicable to at least reachieve our position as it was in 2014!

Oh, and Thank You for being in The Corps!! Both my boys are in The Army, and both are stationed right there at Pearl Harbor - whatever the name of that Army base there is!!

I'm not sure the name of the Army base. I believe the Marine base there is Camp Smith. I was never so lucky as to be stationed there. Active duty I was stationed at Lejeune.

It was an honor to serve (I retired from the reserve in 2010). Thank your sons for their service please. Plus, Thank-you for the sacrifices you and your family have made by having family members deployed in their service.

I was dumbfounded when your athletic department hired Muschamp.
Long story short, we were going after Kirby Smart. Ray interviewed him, he expressed interest, and we proceeded to put a package together. UGAly got word of our intention, so they fired Richt and went DIRECTLY after Smart. They got him. I mean the man got a job from the college from which he graduated!! Hence, Ray interviewed and hired Champ. So, there it is. That's what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT